Universal Deus Ex: The Fall - (by SQUARE ENIX)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Danz060391, Jul 10, 2013.

1. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    From what I've played so far this game is anincredible achievement. I believe it's the first truly AAA original game of it's kind on the platform. It controls incredibly well and the graphics are fantastic. Still maintains all the complexity and feel of the console game. Love the fact that you can manipulate the UI. Amazed at the amount of detail in general.
    Can't believe it's seven dollars. Xcom is $20 and it's a port. This is a brand-new game. Not sure of the length however. If it's anywhere near as long as the console bersion this is an incredible deal.

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I feel like you're falling into that classic trap of not really understanding what a review is. Your history with a franchise, other games, and gaming in general is all relevant when forming an opinion on a game. It sounds like what you're looking for is more of an objective description, which, is what the iTunes text is.

3. gquiller

gquiller Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Do you have to have it jail broken? Thanks

4. Skullinton

Skullinton Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Student
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    #224 Skullinton, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
    Exactly, other games set goals, standards and benchmarks, if we don't compare them then there won't be any evolution.

5. twistedmind87

twistedmind87 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2013
    No but an App Store download won't work without changing the permissions first. If you are non jailbroken then don't worry

6. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    It's already on 69th position on US App Store.By tomorrow it's gonna be on top.

7. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    That's what what she said. ;)

8. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Got off work. It's downloading now. Can't WAIT to fire this bad boy up after my after work shower. AGHHHHH!!!!!!

9. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    Keeping in mind Eurogamer is one of the few sites that treats 5/10 as "average". 6/10 is "above average", 7/10 is "good", and it goes up. Putting it simply, 5/10 is not a bad score. It just looks like one because people treat 7/10 as the lowest score games can get.

10. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Just wanted to say the game runs very well on my mini and it's really nice to see a high quality game like Deus Ex get such a nice full featured feeling game release on iOS.

11. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Even though there's a lot of hype about it but I'm still not convinced to play it on my iPhone 5.
    I will wait for TA's review and also can somebody who is playing it on on iPhone 5 give an imp?

12. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Oh trust me. I am definitely not that way. When you blind-buy Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust, and even pick up Ninjabread Man just for fun... you see the darkest side of game development ever. It's the "dark side of the Moon," if you will.

It makes me shiver to think games can be made with such... laziness... and... ugh.

Leisure Suit Larry, especially... Jesus that game is bad. Worst game ever made, and I still maintain that. Worse than all the crappy NES and SNES games I've played. Worse than ET. Worse than everything. It is the epitome of a horrible game.

When you see that... you will change.

13. DarthSlim

DarthSlim Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Let me ask you guys this: would you recommend this game to someone who's not a Deus Ex fan? The game looks awesome and I really want to try it out, I just don't want to be totally confused by the story because I've never played another Deus Ex game. So is it fairly easy for newcomers to get into?

14. twistedmind87

twistedmind87 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2013
    I do not codone piracy however if you legally purchased this app and have the unable to fire problem here is the fix.
    Go to cydia and search XCon - this is located on bigboss (trusted repo) download and respring.

Problem solved. Also check permissions as previously mentioned.

Tested and verified on iPhone 4S 6.01 iPhone 5 6.1.2 iPad 4 6.1.0

If you have pirated this app then you're out of luck!

15. Paulos G

Paulos G Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2012
    location, location.
    +1.

Just wanted you to know that someone appreciated your gag.

16. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Pocketgamer's review

8/10

17. tarasis

tarasis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Just finished the tutorial. So far so good. Finding the controls intuitive and easy to use. I like the subtle indicator under your finger as you swipe.

It really is smooth as butter to play. Some more variance in patrol patterns would be nice though.

As an iOS game (and possibly mobile) I do agree that I think it raises the bar a bit.

18. TitanAE

TitanAE Active Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Ok on my IPhone 5 it looks and plays awesome. The control options are excellent. Although I haven't played on IPad yet I can't imagine it looking any better. The game is Deus Ex at least from this generation stand point as nothing compares to the original to me. It's finally nice to have a real console game with depth that's this cool. The Bards tale is beautiful but still an old game from a good few years back. I think this game feels like a Ps3/Xbox360 in terms of quality and aesthetics.

19. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    After playing a while with it, this have everything you could expect from a portable version of deus ex

To anyone wondering the performance on the 4s is great, i notice a couple of drops but nothing to break the experience

The only things if that the "artwork" logo on the buttons and in the pause menu is a little blurry, now I would like to see a option to hide some things in the ui like the minimap for example

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Agreed...

Just want to point out that the "indicator under your finger as you swipe" was done on Mass Effect Infiltrator a while back.

This further supports my theory that some of the devs may have been from the ME: Infiltrator team as well. The tap-to-select-target, the touch-indicator as stated above, and some other subtle similarities.