Universal Deus Ex: The Fall - (by SQUARE ENIX)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Danz060391, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Elitist much? :D

Dead Space, Mass Effect Infiltrator, Shadowgun, Ravensword 2, Heroes & Castles and a lot more play so well iphone-sized. Why do you think it'd be horrible on the small screen?

Sure it's almost always better on the big screen, but gaming on the smaller screens is definitely acceptable, especially for ones who dont have access to ipads.

2. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I'm stuck with an iPad 2 for the foreseeable future, so I hope this isn't going to be a trend. Oh well.

3. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    I think stupid people could make that accusation but in reality I would bet my watch that this isnt the case.

The truth is far more likely to be either software or hardware related.

Software-related could be due to certain functions within the software / APIs etc that reference particular aspects of the machine its playing on. These could be shortcuts to stop the bottom half of your potential userbase having a bad experience compared to the uber-upgraders (Try playing Crysis 1 on anything other than a cutting edge pc at the time and you wouldnt have been very happy) or protection (ie Stop Jailbreakers = Stop piracy).

Would you as a dev who has invested x£ into creating this game want an army of older generation owners (who it hasnt been designed for) leaving bad scores on Itunes.....personally no.

The devs could also be utilising a particular api or function within the dev environment that references a particular hardware type....gpu...OS version...serial bus etc. The fact that the Mini uses a lightning adapter alone could be what is causing the lockout.

Truth is if I was a PC Owner back in the day expecting to play Wing Commander, Crysis etc on something that was two generations old....I wouldnt be expecting much of an experience at all!

4. Fil2

Fil2 Well-Known Member

May 29, 2011
    I will buy a new iPad only when the battery of my iPad 2 will be dead :mad:

5. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    I'm stuck with a ipad2 forever, my ipad2 was a 50th birthday present from my entire family and they were paying for it for almost year. Unless I win the lottery I will never have another ipad.

Shame about this game, was going to but it day 1. :(

I too hope it doesn't start a trend or my ipad will be obsolete.

6. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Oh wow, thanks! It's working now, but I still hate that DRM thing.

7. Fil2

Fil2 Well-Known Member

May 29, 2011
    Yes, and sometimes 60fps on the iPad 2.

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    This is starting to happen with every big release and it's seriously pissing me off. I was this close to finishing my download, when my connected screwed up. I hit "Retry" on my iPad and instead of picking up where the download stopped...it restarted. Yay! *insert endless stream of expletives*

9. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #109 JCho133, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
    Finally!

[​IMG]

10. Zetaspawn

Zetaspawn Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Holy cow.... I read the couple most recent pages and not one comment was on the game itself. Has anyone actually played it or is everyone just complaining that their ipad 2 is getting old?

11. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #111 Rip73, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
    Yeah, that is very annoying.
    Happened me once in an office I had a thing in. Resulted in lots of NSFW roars.
    I don't think I'm allowed back:)

You'll love the game once you have it though. It is particularly good. Make that extremely good.
    I'm kinda with jb on the shadows part.
    I have grown quite fond of dynamic shadows and the blob ones are a bit low end but its very, very minor.
    But that is about the worst thing I can say about it. And that isn't much.
    Overall, its really an excellent game.

I do particularly like shooters and was looking forward to something with a stealth mix and the numerous play through style options so this one really ticks all the boxes for me.

12. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Downloaded and seems to run like a charm on my 4S. Now to figure out how to take some "breaks" at work today :).

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Once I have it. :p By the looks of things, it could be a good 3 hours. Provided my connection doesn't screw up again. I hate this country.

14. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    The game/graphics are obviously scaled down on the 4g. And unless they've updated (or downgraded depending on how you look at it) the iPad 2 version with lower PQ and in turn a higher frame rate, since the first version, it does not run good at all on an iPad 2.

15. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    It'd easier to accept the fact that's running bad on an older device then not having the chance to try it despite the fact ;)

16. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    They also screwed up the description by saying you needed 1.6 GB free to download. Took 1.8 for me to get it to start. No big deal, but more apps sadly deleted with no I cloud support.

17. vik12

vik12 Member

Dec 13, 2010
    managed to install and play on my ipad 2 using jailbreak mathoods.

18. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Can someone tell me the exact file size on iPhone 5.I only have 1GB free so need to delete something but how much more I need?
    Thanks!

19. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Does anyone know if this is a sale price or regular price? Square games typically are higher and I just spent waaaay to much money on apps over the past several weeks beginning with x-com.

Thoughts?

20. Rasec Noir

Rasec Noir Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Porto, Portugal
    what methods? xD
    i did it using the old trick of the iphone configuration utility program to install the game on my ipad 2. xP i have jb but this works without jb and all.