Developer needed

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by CassieTheChaoticCupcake, Mar 7, 2010.

1. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

CassieTheChaoticCupcake Well-Known Member

Trust me. All I need is a single run-through with the necessary tools and maybe a day to toy with them, and I'm all set. I don't have a Geek Squad job offer for nothing. ^.^ I just don't specialize in Mac or Apple stuff which is why I need the help of those who ARE knowledgeable. And it's not Hackintosh. It's not hacking anything. I'm just using my computer as a PC shell running a Mac OS.

2. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Which is called Hackintosh.

3. as previously stated, that's called a hackintosh. And no you can't just learn a programming language in one day by being "handy with technology". that's why they have degrees in programming. it's because it takes time, practice, and knowledge. that said, it's obviously possible to learn to program without taking classes. but not in a "single run-through".

4. deeetour

deeetour Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2010
    I love this thread.

5. Twiddle

Twiddle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    Look, you've got a lot of things to learn, and you can't learn anything if you keep head tilted up too high to see anything.

If you were so much better than everyone else here, you wouldn't be asking these people for help.

Your boasting about how you could do this and do that if you had this or that solves nothing. Just look at the position your in right now and work with it. You're asking for our help, not the other way around.

I don't understand how you can be so knowledgeable of computer science and such when you can't understand what a hack is.

The first sentence from here states this: "Hacking (English verb to hack, singular noun a hack) refers to the re-configuring or re-programming of a system to function in ways not facilitated by the owner, administrator, or designer".

When you're said "I'm just using my computer as a PC shell running a Mac OS", that proves it's a hack.

I really don't want to waste my time explaining these things to you, as you will probably just blow it off like you have been everything else.

Just... don't make false claims, either about your awesomeness, about other people, or about technology. At least do your research, and until then, keep off your high horse.

6. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Someone's extremely conceited...

7. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    You should team up with kijib and the game that he's making. I think you two would work well together.

8. mehware

mehware Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Yeah,

And OP just because you open a tool (ie. xCode) doesn't mean your proficient in it. Unless you are some kind of coding savant. Good luck I guess...

- Matt

9. Torq

Torq New Member

Mar 15, 2010
    The OP's biggest problem seems to be that she doesn't know what she doesn't know.

It's a common issue, especially among people wanting something developed, whether it be a App for the App Store or a custom commercial system.

If you think you're going to magically absorb the complexities of any new programming language or modern tool chain with a one day overview then you're sadly mistaken.

Hell, I have an eidetic memory and 20+ years coding experience and some of the stuff that goes on in Xcode or Interface Builder STILL makes me wonder what the designers were thinking!

That said, what the OP really is talking about App wise is exactly the sort of thing that is well served by the various "App Builder" services that are around. Still not going to get what she wants for free, but a little life experience will correct that aspect of her misconceptions.

10. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

I think I've found someone to help me out so you guys can stop barking at me. :p Still taking offers from developers anyway cause I'm currently discussing the two biggest apps I'm looking to have made, but I'm still wanting to have a few extras made so the door is still open.

11. Enlevel Studio

Enlevel Studio Well-Known Member

12. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

I could probably do that but then I'd start losing some viewers. I'd rather have them buy my app as a donation rather than have them donate so I can make an app for my show and THEN tell them to go buy it. Seems a little unfair. It's like paying someone to make a custom pair of shoes for me then having them shipped to a store only to pay for them again. Marketing logic. :) but I've got someone to help me, so I'm not too worried about it.

13. cubytes

cubytes Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009