Universal Device 6 - (by Simogo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 16, 2013.

1. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    Here's your hint:
    I suggest you take another look at the television set in the room next door...

2. antix

antix Member

Jan 18, 2013
    The
    channel your on is not the 'beeps', check the tv at the end of the chapter and that'll give you your answer for the channel number

3. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Ah, OK. That that was for something else. Thanks.

4. initials

initials Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    VFX Technical Artist
    Australia
    This is a bold new game and I applaud everyone involved for taking a risk. I hope it pays off.

5. antix

antix Member

Jan 18, 2013
    For anyone who has finished the game
    STOP READING this if you haven't---I'm curious if you chose Agree or Disagree and whether the endings were different. I chose Disagree and let's just say i was caught off guard by mine.

What an amazing game btw, probably top 3 iOS games ever for me.

6. revolverblue85

revolverblue85 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Probably finish tonight depends on how tired I am when I get off. Knowing the great experience the majority of us are having with this game, for someone who has never played year walk do you think I'd enjoy it?

7. witedahlia

witedahlia Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2012
    #87 witedahlia, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
    To be honest, though I loved Year Walk and I so far am loving this game, I don't think the 2 games are terribly similar. If you enjoyed the puzzles and the clever design of this game I think you might really enjoy Year Walk. But it is stylistically different - more of a creepy game with some scares here and there. Both games are very clever and unique, though. I really think you should give Year Walk a try.

Edit: I realize I'm not really doing Year Walk justice here. But I just wanted to give you a quick reply.

8. revolverblue85

Aug 10, 2012
    Sweet I'll grab it.

9. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    #89 putermcgee, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
    I chose Agree, and... STOP READING IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW!!!!.... got the same ending.

I've gone through the game twice, and liked it quite a bit. Simogo has made another fantastic demonstration of how well they know the device they're developing on. I'd definitely rather have a couple hours of immense enjoyment than something that goes on for even just a little too long, and this plus Year Walk are easily among my favorite games this year.

10. thetragicclown

Patreon Silver

Jun 19, 2013
    Wow amazing. Must buy believe me. Well thought out from beginning to the very last drop. Charge ten bucks next time and I'll still buy it. If it means more from this company then buy by all means!

11. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    I understand where youre coming from, being the father of a special needs child, but some things just aren't for everyone. What about the visually impaired? Should all devs start making a mode that describes everything the game does audibly?

12. Rosso

Rosso Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Stupid, any extra word would be a waste of space

13. wateracid

wateracid Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    This game is great. But what does it mean, what the hell does it mean? They can't just leave it at that?

14. Parkingtigers

Parkingtigers Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Did you spend your player points? If so, then what happens next should hit you at some point. Clever, clever ending.

ENDING SPOILERS! READ ONLY AT OWN RISK!

Bowler hat man was player 247. Anna was player 248. You are player 249. Anna became a player because of the doll. The doll you just bought with your 600 player points. Tomorrow, you will be in the simulation being played by player 250.

Game took me 2.5 hours in a single sitting. It's a once and done, but it's wonderful and unique and unsettling and worth every penny. Highest recommendation.

15. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    Not sure who or what you're calling stupid here

16. chrisc3

chrisc3 New Member

Oct 18, 2013
    Just finished the game, and wonderfully done! A quick question:

Could someone please explain the significance of the 6 devices and how they relate to one another? I know they're supposed to be important, but I couldn't quite piece it all together.

Thanks!

17. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    What's with the spoiler black outs?
    Is that mods editing out comments?

Ahh.
    Just realized you could click them. Nice touch.

18. KuangEleven

KuangEleven Active Member

Feb 23, 2013
    Yep! Here's the (spoilery) DEVICE rundown as I understand it.

Device 1: Implanted into the doubter (presumably via the ear, hence the pain). Turns their current actions into past tense, third person text and beams it to Device 4. If the doubter is feeling a strong emotion their current thoughts can leak through

Device 2: Also an implant. Sends everything they hear to Device 4, along with 75% of what they see with 25% edited for dramatic effect

Device 3: Implanted control chip that takes the instructions from device 4 and uses it to control the doubter without them realising

Device 4: You're holding it.

Device 5: Embedded in DOLL 1, Emits waves that put the next doubter to sleep so they can be implanted and transferred to the island.

Device 6: Controls all 5 other devices. Can override what device 1 and 2 send back to device 4, but not both at the same time, leading to some odd revealing effects. Stores the positive beliefs about it from past doubters and uses them to influence future doubters, forming a vicious, cult-like circle.

19. revolverblue85

Aug 10, 2012
    I always read spoilers. I just can't help, and never really could lol. Awesome. Ready to finish when I get home today

20. Ninjagorilla

Ninjagorilla Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010
    This was great to read, very sharp.
    For those who haven't finished the story, I'd recommend not looking at it, though :D

Did you take notes on all the devices and piece it together later?