DEVIL DARK: The Forgotten Kingdom (by Triniti)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TRINITIgames, Mar 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TRINITIgames

TRINITIgames Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
  2. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    #22 Edmilan, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
    Video looks great, really love the armor customization! Another instabuy when it comes out

3. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Which devices will be supported?

4. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    I am not a dungeon crawler fan, but wow i actually like this game. Would there be multiplayer in the game in the future? So we can battle bosses and stuff with each other? Or maybe battle against each other?

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Watched the trailer and I assure you have a buyer in me.

6. vibliribland

vibliribland Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Game looks GREAT!

A few Qs

1: what will be the replayabillity incentive?

2: how much of a loot hunting will this be?

3: will there be different skill trees?

4: what is the character advancement like?

Basically, how much like diablo is the game? :)

7. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    He sort of answered these questions. You have to read in between the lines a little, but most devs don't spill all of the beans. Early adopters, like myself, do that. :)

I hope you do get an answer, though. I'd love to hear more about the game.

Edit
    trailer looks awesome!

8. TRINITIgames

TRINITIgames Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    1. The gameplay isn't going to encourage starting over from scratch to "replay" so much as it will be encouraging you to keep developing your character to tackle the ultra-hard end game levels. There are plenty of fun looking gear sets and awesome weapons that you could sink a lot of time hunting for... leading to question 2.

2-4. The weapons and gear are the most important part of customization in this game, so you can say it's ALL about loot. There are some skills, but they're mostly passive like +hp, adding stun to maces, adding lifeleech to attack, etc. The fun active skills are tied to weapons, and you can equip up to 3 at a time and swap seamlessly in battle (meaning 3 active skills at a time in battle).

You can get weapons as random drops, in treasure chests that spawn at the end of each level, from vendors, and finally from the town slot machine. So while character advancement entails leveling up and allotting skill points, your gear, weapon, and weapon enchantment will be just as important to character progression.

9. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    What about the controls? Since the Diablo games are point-and-click games, any chance for a tap to this place to move there, and tap this mob to attack? Tap with 2 fingers to use special move ala R click?

10. vibliribland

vibliribland Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Great answers!

Thanks for the reply.

The game sounds better and better:).

I'll definitely buy it on release and hope it fits the bill for what I'm looking for, I still haven't found a good enough diablo 2 clone since inotia 2.

Keep up the good work:)

11. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Looks quite good.

Can you comment on the pricing model? I imagine there will be IAPs, but will it be the kind of game that requires the player to spend extra money, or will it be mainly for those who are impatient and want the best weapons immediately?

12. Learndesignanimate.com

Dec 16, 2012
    I love your game but at level 37 after getting the relic it becomes boring. Are there no other maps and we have to just play side maps?

With the items I got, I can kill any monster in map within few seconds or minutes. I have upgraded my weapon to 10 levels.

Also I am not able to connect to multiplayer maps after winning the relic.

Are you guys planning to make an extension of it?

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    The games already out so please use the thread in the main ipod games section.

Thanks