Universal Devil's Attorney (by 1337 Game Design) [TA GotY 2012 Honorable Mention]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 10, 2012.

1. mr_marts

mr_marts Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    The only thing I dislike about the game is that it does not take advantage of the iPhone 5 screen but I still bought as its unique and catchy

2. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I completed the game on normal. 58 cases ! The last trial was tough and it took me about 60 tries. I almost had it, a couple times earlier but then my battery died, lol.

I'll have to complete this on hard mode now. I hope this gets GOTW !

3. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    #123 Johnny101, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
    Devs if you're still reading this thread. I'm wondering if you guys are MIT grads because this game is extremely calculative. Especially when it gets into the tougher cases. With so many choices and calculations, someone on your team had to be a mathematician. I've really enjoyed your game, I hope to see more content in the future.

4. Hejden

Hejden Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I laughed out loud when I read this. My current graduation level doesn't even allow me to apply to a University. But despite this fact, I'm taking your comment as a great compliment :)

5. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    It should be taken as a compliment. I really meant it :) The game is like a chess match in many ways because it requires so many choices.... The final trial was crazy.... It took me at least 60 tries. I was busy that day so I had to keep on coming back to defeat the prosecutor. It had me addicted. I was also at a point where I was thinking. Is it even possible to defeat the final prosecutor, do I need an extra skill?? then finally I defeated him...

I can't tell you how addictive and great this game is !

6. Hejden

Hejden Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Thank you Johnny! I'm glad you enjoyed the game.

7. Hero211

Hero211 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Please add retina display of iPad 3 !

8. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Are they gonna add cases?

9. Hejden

Hejden Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    We've been developing this game for 20 months, and during that time Apple has released a number of different devices. Apple doesn't really tell us beforehand what they are going to release, so it's hard to keep up with what they put out.

We have a widescreen update that has been submitted and will be available shortly, but when it comes to doing retina on the new iPad I'm afraid it's not so simple. It would essentially mean redoing all the art from scratch. Since it took about 20 months to create the art in the first place, I'm afraid it's just not feasible for us.

I hope you understand.

10. gsxrboy

gsxrboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Finished it over the weekend and it was a fun little game exercise. If Max came back from holidays with some more cases to trial, I wouldn't mind.

Susan is totally hot.

11. Sleepow

Sleepow Member

Aug 27, 2012
    A great game!
    Was hesitant as it seems strange that you play a layer while the case details are totally irrelevant, but it is a nice puzzle game (more puzzle than card game as the opponents do not do anything to adapt to your play).
    The normal mode is good for relaxed moments with a smooth learning curve, and with hard you can get more challenge.
    I would love some more cases, or maybe on extension with some additional rules.

12. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
  13. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Please devs make more :D I would gladly pay for an IAP for more cases. You could even have a suicide or nightmare mode where it's incredibly hard to win a case for us enthusiasts.

14. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Is anyone able to beat a case on HARD mode within only the first round? There is an achievement for us, and it appears that this particularly achievement is NOT possible if you are playing the HARD mode and only possible with the EASY or NORMAL mode.

Can someone verify? If this is achievable, which case?

15. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Don't remember which case, but I did pull it off, I think twice, in my hard playthrough.

1st time only "cool" ability I had was reverse psy. On the 2nd I think I had the extra action points.

16. RodmanSan

RodmanSan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Project Management Architect
    E-Troid, the Netherlands
    Just wanted to chime in to say that i really liking this game so far.
    Great humor and gameplay.....:)

17. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    I'm not seeing this. There is Rising Star which is finishing the final case of the first chapter on hard mode, which is possible. Otherwise there's the Courtroom Slam which doesn't say any difficulty is required.

18. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    I pulled it off in Hard mode towards the end of the campaign. Must have been late 40, early 50th case I think. It is possible.

19. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    I still don't know which achievement he's talking about. But here's a fun fact: reverse psychology can help with the Bolt of Justice.

20. Hejden

Hejden Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    [​IMG]

We've just released a new update that adds widescreen support for the iPhone 5. I hope you enjoy it.