Universal Devious Dungeon (By Ravenous Games Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by drdeniz79, Mar 5, 2014.

1. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I'm just purely building crit... anyone else? Lol

2. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Somewhat but not sure how it will turn out.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I made the first few levels crits til i got a 10% crit, then pumped attack all the way.

I will spec more into crit once i have maxed out on the dexterity potions and accessories so i dont go over 100%. :)

4. Myndflame

Myndflame Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Bought this game, and I am loving it so far. It reminds me tons of Rogue Legacy, and it also plays like one (Small tip: You can move back while attacking to do a 'Back-off hit'), though sometimes the controls do have a bit of a derpout here and there. Doesn't happen much, but oh well.

I've played my fair share of iOS Roguelikes, such as WazHack, but this is by far one of the best roguelikes I have ever really played since Sword of the Stars: The Pit and Rogue Legacy on Steam.

Also, kudos to Ravenous for making a new genre instead of LoE and Random Heroes. Really freshens things up for them and us.

5. ArtOfPanik

ArtOfPanik New Member

Dec 23, 2013
    Spain
    Stutter on iPhone 4

Enjoying the game so far. You can't simply play five minutes (at least I can't).
    Levels are pretty good and longer than those on LoE and RH (1 & 2). Definitely worth giving a taste. However, the addition of skills and a bigger variety of weapons would be awesome.

Sadly, I'm experiencing stutter problems while playing on my iPhone 4. I know that, as of today, it's considered an old device (and kinda screwed with iOS 7), but I have to say that it's the first time that a Ravenous' game has this kind of problem on my device. Never happened before on any LoE or any RH. Hopefully that can be fixed.

Aside from the stutter problems on my device, this game freaking rocks.

6. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #86 syntheticvoid, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
    edit

deleted

7. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    This is the first game in a while of their releases that I am actually enjoying a lot! I found random runners very mixed, Beatdown a letd down, and Random Heroes 2 an improvement over the first but just missing the mark with its less than interesting heroes that lacked variety. This game is a huge step in the right direction and I am enjoying it immensely. I honestly wouldn't mind a sequal with different level variety, bosses and such as this game seems solid enough that I can do with just a theme change and or just an embellishment of the same with some additions and I'd be happy; that's how much I am enjoying this.

My one critical gripe with this game is like most of their games in that it does not (again) have customizable button layout. While playable on the iPad, I always find their button layout taking more consideration of the small screen and not the big screen. Every one of their games makes me feel like I am stretching my thumbs to reach the far in buttons (and I have big hands mind you).

8. Jypsy

Jypsy Active Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Janesville, WI
    Any chance this game has MFi support? It seems like it would be a perfect fit for my moga.

9. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Actually I'm experiencing stutter problems on my brand new Retina Mini as well. Enjoying the game though.

10. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
  11. Bouncy1973

Bouncy1973 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Yeah, this is happening on my iPhone 5S too, so it's not your i4... hopefully they'll sort it!

12. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    Lovn it!

I love this game. I am a sucker for anything randomized and diablo-like. I have also purchased the games coin doubler --my first ever extra to any game! I enjoy it that much. Plays way better on the ipad mini than the ipod 4G. Too bad the saves do not sync!

Great game to pick up and play for an hour or 2 minutes.

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    There is icloud saving. o_O

14. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Playing on 5s and haven't (yet) had any hiccups or slowdowns. I always make sure that all other apps are closed, so wondering if that might help improve playability for those having issues.

Q on MFi support, I'll plug it in tomorrow morn and report back. I don't think it does, but here's to hoping. Virtual controls on the small screen do seem set well, although I sometimes find myself trying to tap left or right and still end up tapping the same wrong direction. So I agree customizable controls would be excellent.....and MFi....PLEASE :) My MOGA is getting itchy

15. Bool Zero

Dec 14, 2010
    iPad 3, 64GB, slowdown experienced with no other apps running. It's occasional but it happens and is noticeable enough.

16. Bool Zero

Dec 14, 2010
    I just don't understand why they don't make the customizable controls a standard of their game engine at this point. The last two games by them (Random Heroes 2 and Random Runners) had customizable controls... I just don't see how it's just not a given at this point! Their games are clearly built and tested on iPhones or iTouch devices as you can tell by their button spacing layout... No consideration seems given to us iPad players in this respect. I find I always have to hold my iPad in an uncomfortable hand position every time I play some of their games, and this has been a constant request from some of us mainstay fans.

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Since this is by far one of the best of their releases im sure they will consider adding the customizable controls soon.

But yeah, the code shouldve been a part of their platformer engine at this point since everytime they crank a game out I basically point out the controls being too spread out on the ipad.

18. NinjaKitteh

NinjaKitteh Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2013
    I'm loving this game. Simple, mindless hacking and slashing. It's good.

That being said I don't think the PG review was all that off. Maybe the 5/10 was a bit harsh, but their description of the actual game was spot on. I just happen to enjoy the Ravenous formula. I haven't even felt the need to get the doubler yet. At 99 cents how could you go wrong with this game.

19. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    This is performing great in the US iPhone charts. #12

20. rbates

rbates Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    I feel the same way. I have been pumping all of my skill into strength and all of my money into weapons but it seems every enemy is about 3 hits no matter what you do. I have beat the 3rd boss and decided to try level 1 again. Those guys are down to 2 hits. Not very satisfying.

Even the furniture is always 3 hits no matter how powerful you get. It seems armor and stamina are the way to go to make a difference. Oh well.