Devious Dungeon (by Ravenous Games)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ravenousgames, Jan 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Looks interesting and kind of the game I've been wanting from you guys! I will say this though... Please, if you have characters to purchase, make them unique, make them significantly varied in their play style and and make their stats balanced so that the most expensive actually provides the significant benefits. I found Random Heroes 2 (and Random Runners) to be lacking in this area as it we felt like you only carded to buy two or three of the characters and the best character was debatably in the middle price range and none of the characters seemed to max out the established stat bars. That seemed a questionable design decision, in my opinion. I like the idea if every character having some special quality on top of the stats, adding to the strategy of which characters to use and buy for different reasons.

One of the fun parts of these games is not only beating your time and clearing stages with three stars, but also having a reason to buy all of the characters. With the last two games this has felt lacking.

Also: movable controls for us iPad users. I know it's in the engine now. Let's keep this an option. There are plenty of iPads out there now that this should be a given, not a requested feature.

Thanks for listening!

2. Aezio26

Aezio26 Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Director
    Newark on Trent, England
    I will take this into consideration when beta testing

I also think like extra stats or perks for individuality and please for all heavens sake..add shields! and guns! #medieval like blunderbuss or musket.

Will take this into account and be taking notes and giving feedback on how this could be implemented.

:)

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Booted this up an hour ago, and didn't put it down until I beat the first boss (about 5 mins ago).

Really quite fun, and the platforming doesn't feel like a chore like it did in Random Heroes, it's... Fun!

I feel compelled to explore and find the hidden areas and the combat is polished and fun. I like the rougelike-lite system you have in place (rather than a 3 star mission system).

I've experienced some framerate drops, particularly when doing a big long jump (either down a hole or something, not just holding a).

Another awesome thing: The variety in enemies. Heck, there's more types of enemies in the first 2 levels than there was in the whole first random heroes!

My only criticism at the moment is that it's kinda shallow... Only one class, only 2 weapon types, and only 3 stats to level up. I'm not sure if you're still aiming for the Feb launch but there definitely needs to be some additions, not because it's a bad game, but simply because there's games out there that have more than this one. An active ability, another class, or shields would be a nice addition.

Overall positive impressions

I'll email this as well just in case.

4. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Can someone give me a code or is it just 1 per device? I could really help just by saying if it works or not, also I'm dying to try this

5. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Dude, beta testing isn't about trying games early, it's about helping developers make their games as good as possible.

6. christopherrocs

Aug 15, 2013
    Yea and I could test on an iPod 4. Most developers want that

7. FuurinRei

FuurinRei Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2014
  8. SirHanet

SirHanet Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    No beta for me?

Ok so for some reason I don't have the beta app to install even though I have joined the beta team and have been accepted. It's not even on my Non-Compatible apps section of TESTFLIGHT!

9. ravenousgames

ravenousgames Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Game Developer
    Canada
    Please contact us at [email protected].

10. christopherrocs

Aug 15, 2013
    If I can't test this, when's the release? I'm dying for it ##

11. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Looks amazing.

12. ravenousgames

Dec 20, 2009
    Game Developer
    Canada
    Devious Dungeon has been submitted to Apple!

[​IMG]

13. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    So maybe next week?!?

14. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Congrats! It's a great game

15. christopherrocs

Aug 15, 2013
    This looks sick! How much gameplay will there be?

16. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Yes!!!!!!!! I cant wait! Instabuy.

17. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Great news. I've been a fan of Ravenous Games for a long time and have high hopes for this title. Whenever it goes live I'll be buying it.

18. kbot1701

kbot1701 Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Awesome game!! Love the pixel graphics and gameplay :)

19. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Wow, that was fast! I just sent you guys an email regarding a bug I'm experiencing. Nothing game breaking. I didn't realize it was releasing so soon.

I can say though that this will be my favorite game released by this developer. It's been a fantastic experience so far. :)

20. ravenousgames

Dec 20, 2009
    Game Developer
    Canada
    Good to hear guys! Launch sales are very important to helping us getting the game noticed! :)

Depends on how good you are! We've seen some testers play for more then 6 hrs and still have items to collect.

Yes, we are hoping for Thursday March 6th if it's approved it time. Trailer should be coming this weekend or early next week.

Thanks guys, you did a great job testing! Glad to hear so much positive feedback. I don't think anyone had any negative comments about the beta!