Devs Wanted for Animal Crossing-like Game

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by Tap Dat App, Sep 12, 2009.

1. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Human crossing- LOL! I like the fishing too and I really like in the DS version if you did favors for the neighbors they gave you stuff and they eventually became your friend and gave you a little picture of themself. I tried to collect all the pictures but gave up because there was too little characters and not enough place to store stuff.
    I also really liked the Muesum, that was my favorite aspect of the game.

2. Tap Dat App

Tap Dat App Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    There might be weeds in an update, but it is not on the current list of first edition necessities...plus, they bug the hell out of me honestly haha.

3. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    I think they should be implemented. but like i hope your using Openfeint but an achievemnt, pluck X amount of weeds in 10 seconds. Clean your town:no weeeds left...etc...it'd be kinda fun :D ahaha but we all hate them

4. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    That's actually a pretty good idea. We are not using OpenFeint though...we really prefer the likes of Ngmoco's Plus+ Network as it is faster and just a lot more "top-notch/premium". But we're not sure yet if the Plus+ Network can support the capabilities we need to make this game as socially connected & interactive as we have designed it, in which case we would probably have to invent our own social network...but for now, the Plus+ Network is our goal. Obviously we will need Multiplayer Options through WiFi & Bluetooth, but we'd like players to also be able to play online through a WiFi Network that isn't restricted to players close/right next to them, but instead include players who are online globally through "friend codes" and such. :cool:

5. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    for plus+ you have to get accepted and its not easy! Also openfeint has that possibility of online THROUGH OF worldwide such as NovaRift. Im sure you can implement a friend code system in there. But, i think for plus+ you have to have your own servers for worldwide multiplayer

6. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    I like Plus+ better too but not as many people are on there.

7. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

Please don't bring back the dreaded "friend codes".

8. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    In other news, the game is likely to support only 3.x and above...but if you're into iDevices enough to even be on the TA forums, you probably don't need to worry about that, as I'm sure you upgraded from 2.x awhile ago ;)

9. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    What about Chillingo's Crystal network?

10. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    You would have to be published by chillingo. Which It seems TDA doesn't want too:

11. Yffum

Yffum Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Hey, do you need any more 2D artists for textures and whatnot? That house looks... alright, but the window and door are hand drawn and the textures don't seem to fit so much... Anyway, I'm a big fan of Animal Crossing and I could possibly do some work for free. I currently have a thread offering free 2D art because I want to build up my portfolio and get some practice.

12. TouchChatterbox

TouchChatterbox Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Would you like some videos/animations produced for the game? Stop motion or people in bunny suits or something? See my video producing thread just made. I don't have set rates so just tell me what you wanna spend. I have a lot of talent/contacts I can tap into & can do an efficient turnover without the end result being crap. :)

13. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    We don't have a lot of interest in Crystal. I'm not sure how much revenue Chillingo takes from each app sold if you choose to use them as your publisher...

14. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

@Tap Dat App, How will the characters look like?

15. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    You don't need to be published by Chillingo to be on the Crystal network. Just look at Angry Birds.

16. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    I'm glad you all like my house I have a better one coming along that I'll send out to tap dat app soon.

17. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    Looking forward to it, you've been a great contributer so far, thanks for your work.

-TDA (WITH DP Studios)

18. Scragglebeard

Scragglebeard Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Journalist
    California
    Actually, Angry Birds is made Clickgamer, which Chillingo owns.

19. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    ok guys im sending a new house model to tap da app today. expect to see it later!

20. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    AstroRanch is out..Going to be hard to beat this one.