Devs Wanted for Animal Crossing-like Game

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by Tap Dat App, Sep 12, 2009.

1. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    AstroRanch is out..Going to be hard to beat this one.

2. Tap Dat App

Tap Dat App Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    Not really, AstroRanch is a farming game. Touch Town™ doesn't "touch" (haha pun) farming....cause well, FarmVille sucks.

3. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    Touch Town™ News Update

Touch Town™ News Update:

*We Hit 300 Followers on Twitter, the 300th was a User from TouchArcade and won a Hook Champ Promo Code, Thanks Everyone!

*TDA is proud to announce that we may be forming a partnership with Tecstar Games (who have created 2 open-world 3D joy-stick controlled games of their own on the app store) to help further develop Touch Town™. This is a very exciting and serious measure as Trevor Chandler of Tecstar Games (who is also on TouchArcade as "trevorchandler") is already becoming an Official Paid Advertising Sponsor of www.iTapDatApp.com and has offered to possibly help us with the development of Touch Town™!

4. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    #204 Tap Dat App, Feb 28, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
    Visit the New Official Touch Town™ Website & the New Tap Dat App™ Mobile Site

Visit the Official Touch Town™ Website (Brand New, so It's Still a Work-In-Progress) www.TouchTown.iTapDatApp.com & the New Official Tap Dat App™ MOBILE Site (must visit the url from a mobile device to view, works fantastic on iPhone/iTouch) http://m.iTapDatApp.com/

5. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    Where do you want me to send the pics for the ad?

6. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    You can PM them to me or email them to me. I will PM you my email if you don't already have it.

7. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    #207 Tap Dat App, Mar 3, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
    Hey, so the TDA Team had a meeting today. We've collected a good amount of developer contact info. and we've pretty much planned out a clear path of how to get this game done. The only problem is that realistically, it is probably going to cost anywhere from $200-$500 to pay our coders, graphic designers, etc. And most coders don't want to wait for payment after the game starts selling, they want it before the app is even submitted, so we have to come up with this money up front. Overall, I personally think it is worth it, this game will be amazing & we could possibly heavily profit off of this app if done right. We are funding part of it ourselves, but your donations are heavily appreciated. If you'd like to make a donation, please visit: http://bit.ly/iDonate & If you're interested in helping out in any other way, check out: http://bit.ly/iHelp - Thank You!

8. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    nice site. im glad to be on your team. im will probably be sending you those shop and other various building models/concepts this weekend.

9. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Lololololol

10. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    With you on the team, the game is sure to be a hit. :rolleyes:

11. daveallanfriends

daveallanfriends New Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Hey guys! I have been following this up and I love it! I was inclined to join Touch Arcade for this. I made a TouchTown forum and blog. This forum ... and blog is solely for discussing TouchTown, so check it out and let's build the community. Anyone interested? Please check it out. Links in the signature. :p

12. KGameLover1

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    You don't have a signature as of 10:16 PM EST, 3/19/10.

13. KGameLover1

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    What's so funny? Just because TBN joins something doesn't mean you have to make fun of it.

14. daveallanfriends

Mar 20, 2010
    Anyways, if you want the link to the forum/blog, visit TapDatApp's twitter.

15. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    woah, forums for an unfinished game! cool! thats the top priority! Come on guys, really? I understand fan made, but so far we know two things, TBN is helping and we saw 1 model...THATS A TON OF CONTENT!!!

im super stocked, but they said a holiday 10' release....8 months...ill stick to games already out

16. daveallanfriends

Mar 20, 2010
    Yes. But I created it so it can establish a fan base and people can join before it is released. And people can talk about what they want in the game. It's more organized than just one thread on the topic.

17. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    yeah, but if the devs are stopping in more there and actually reading your ideas, then this game will come out in 2012

18. daveallanfriends

Mar 20, 2010
    Do you want a great game released later, or a crap game released early? I choose number one. I'm pretty sure some people would be okay if it was released a little later if more features were being added. I'd rather have a good first impression, instead of an okay game with future updates that make it better. That way, it's good from the beginning and they can further improve a masterpiece. Pocket God started out lame, but had weekly updates. I don't think weekly updates would apply to this, so might as well make it good because they might update once a month.

19. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    Hi everyone, I've been getting email notifications that you all were talking so I thought I'd clear a few things up.

1. So far, TBN's contributions have not been large so I wouldn't let that prevent you from anticipating this game...unless you just have some major grudge thing, idk!

2. The Fan Forums & Blog are UNOFFICIAL and we have no ties with them and unless they become as active as this thread, we will not check them often so you do not have to worry that we will be spending all our time reading feedback & hype talk versus actually getting the game done.

3. Finally, a status update: I don't have much to say. Not a lot has gotten done too recently, especially considering we lost contact with a developer who was interesting in helping us code for the game. But we're still looking though, we'll find someone good, no matter what it takes.

You want this. We want this. It will get done.

-Your Friend,
    Alex of TDA

20. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    Sweet :D haha I just saw the guys forums and thought cool, but then was like...uh...what?! I'd want to talk to you all, but i'd rather see a great game come from your mind and then have my suggestions implemented. Or you could have someone like Kepa of Rocketcat games to deal strictly with feedback and user ideas