Devs Wanted for Animal Crossing-like Game

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by Tap Dat App, Sep 12, 2009.

1. iGilo

iGilo Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Although I was really looking forward to possibly send some sound effects to you for this, I soon realise that the chances of this happening are very small, and those who have offered help have been pushed aside with no recognition what-so-ever. If you pull it off, congratulations. But I think I will just wait for it to kick off before I truly believe this will even leave base 2.

2. Tap Dat App

Tap Dat App Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    Wow that was rude...we have pushed away no one and are accepting all suggestions and glad to hear them. I think it is understandable that between this and normal real-life business, we are EXTREMELY busy right now and can't get back to everyone. But we have not "pushed anyone away". Sorry you feel this way & the project has definitely gone beyond 'base 2'.

3. iGilo

iGilo Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    I completely apologise! That came out horrificly.

It was a bad day, and it certainly is past base two. My chances of helping on this are blown out of the water, and I was completely out of order.

Good luck and sorry,
    Gilo.

4. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

Is this game even in a beta form?

5. Tap Dat App

Tap Dat App Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    It's okay. I understand; we all have those days. If you still want to help out on sound or other various aspects, I will contact you when needed ^^ You just have to understand this is a very tedious & difficult process and we are trying to do one thing at a time and can't keep jumping around from sound to characters to design to programming or else the app will never be finished and it already is pretty far set-back now >.< We want everyone who wants to contribute to the game to be able to and are doing our best to make this possible in a reasonable time frame.

No it has not reached Beta yet. We are really busy as app developing is not our main career and are carrying on the process with whatever free time we get and pushing/forcing it into our regular work schedules as well. It's a hard task but we are still trying to get things done as fast as possible while retaining great quality work. Please be patient ya'll: It will happen, we just can't say when...Great Apps Do Take a Lot of TIME to Develop!

6. iGilo

iGilo Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Thank you for understanding :)

When it is the right time for doing sound effects, I would love to contribute :)

Thanks a bundle,
    Gilo

7. scottyd2k9

scottyd2k9 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Unemployed
    st helens (UK)
    This game sounds amazing , i loved animal crossing when i had my DS an i miss it , i reckon this could become one of the best apps ever if done correctly.

Ideas :
    These are some things i think you should include in your animal crossing type of game ...

Shops
    *Events at different holiday seasons where you can dress up , like halloween you can get a halloween costume from the shop like a skeleton or vampire , christmas you could get a santa claus outfit. An so on.

*Freind codes and chat where you can join freinds in there custom built town and have little house parties and more !

* Instead of walking through a gate to another players world you could have transport like a train or something like that .

* be able to have a job like the sims and do side things like fish with a freind or watch something like tv with a freind that would be cool .

* Attend festivals and have updates at christmas or other holidays where theres new things in town like christmas lights

* be able to customize your house an buy furniture

* An amazing idea would be to be able to move house and move in with a freind across wi-fi so you both can live in an house together and you can give gifts to your freinds

* You can have pets like a dog , cat or other animals and you can get food from them from a supermarket that selss hundreds of stuff

* Make the towns a bit like the ones on pokemon

Also if you need any help making a theme tune for it my freind can help , listen to this and tell me what you think , this sounds like a type of tune someone would use for animal crossing sound theme / soundtrack ..

http://www.mediafire.com/?z3yzmjy1zgz <<< it's only a MIDI but it will play in windows media player and can be used as an MP3 to , listen to that and tell me what you think , also i know a few people who knows alot about coding and who has made a few games before , thanks !!

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    If they plan to get all that stuff in I'd expect the release date to be around 2013.

9. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    Remember how the last 2 pages is people volunteering to help...? Yeah, I guess by the end of 2010 (thats what i hope :) but hey, there working people who are smart enough not to bank on the app store (they havent left there works which is amazing!

10. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah... but all these people combined still doesn't equal the number of people in the actual Animal Crossing dev team, and it takes a couple of years to get it done.

11. scottyd2k9

Dec 6, 2009
    Unemployed
    st helens (UK)
    It depends on how many people is helping with the production though , if there were quite a few people then it would get done alot faster , but it's better to be patient , the longer you wait the better it will be.

12. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Yes, but Tap Dat App and his Touch Arcade team is not bigger than Nintendo.

13. scottyd2k9

Dec 6, 2009
    Unemployed
    st helens (UK)
    never said they were , this aint animal crossing though , this is supposed to be like it.

14. bellaguy08

bellaguy08 Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Wannabe game tester..
    ON
  15. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    THAKN YOU SCOTTY!!! this is the app store. and besides, thats what updating is about! I dont care if this started out horrible then each week got better! (like pocketgod) it'd still be awesome aftter 2 weeks! Once this guy gets sales and makes money off this, it'll go faster, he is smart. its horrible out there. why go quiting work to pursue something that might not happen? All i can say is, i cant wait! Are you thinking of putting an iphone friend service in? Openfeint? Plus+? I hope not though! its better when games are standalone, alot easiertoo :D

16. Zazbedin

Zazbedin Member

Nov 4, 2009
    But, the DS and the Wii are much powerful than the iphone, and so they needed more people to make it.

The iphone is only a small device, and i imagine, that coding is more simpler to that or a DS or Wii game

17. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    Zaz, that is debate-able though. On a game like this, it might be easier cuz theres stuff out there to help you, like facebook integration. But if you wanted to make this app alone, solo without help, well I don't think we'd hear from you for a LONG time.

18. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Most people around here complain about that, releasing a broken game along with a bunch of promises is frowned upon on any platform.

19. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    is an app a platform? no. is the iphone a platform? Not really. Its where and experiments can be made and where things can thrive or fail. I would hate to see this game be pocketgod. But i would love for it to be big, then release bigger stuff. But not fast. As long as it had filler

20. scottyd2k9

Dec 6, 2009
    Unemployed
    st helens (UK)
    it's better them taking longer to make it so when the final product is out , there will be much more things on it , most people rush making games and they end up crap , hopefully this should be good.

Also if it gets that good they might have better updates as time goes on , just have to wait an see what this would be like.