Diablo iii open beta weekend!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Jordanrracer, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Finished the Beta with the demon hunter (my character of choice since i played rogue on diablo1, bowazon in diablo2), and the monk. Gonna try out the witch doctor next! Need to know who or what the fallen star is

2. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Anyone reckon beta will get extended?

3. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Doubt it. They did the open beta so they can stress test the servers which is the reason they have been down.

Anyways anyone who's thinking about running this on a mac mini if you turn shadows off you get a 20 fps increase. Also if you are going to run this on a mini and don't like hearing the fans try to elevate your mini an inch and a half of the surface its on. This will help increase the airflow since the fans on the 2011 models are underneath.

4. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    This game will be fun

5. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Yeah managed to complete the beta with 30mins to spare lol, witch doctor kicked ass with spiders poison arrows and zombe dogs :)
    What did anyone else use??

6. BirdieNZ

BirdieNZ Member

Apr 25, 2012
    I'll be playing Path of Exile rather than Diablo 3. Fewer rainbows, more nitty gritty and dark and atmospheric than D3, in D3 you're a big bad demigod who can destroy any and everything. In Path of Exile you're an outcast which most pf the world wants to kill.

7. AppsAsia

AppsAsia Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
  8. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    rofl you actually think that can actually compete with diablo3? are you serious?

9. BirdieNZ

BirdieNZ Member

Apr 25, 2012
    A large quantity of players who were hardcore Diablo 2 players have decided to get Path of Exile rather than Diablo 3. Diablo 3 is...casual. Path of Exile is not casual. I don't think it can compete in terms of money earned and players who play the game in one year, as it's hard to beat anything Blizzard does simply because of their name. But it already has a lot of deicated fans. To add to this point, hundreds of thousands of people have signed up for beta. Also, recently the developers opened their store, which allows you to buy credits to get cosmetics ingame (no ingame advantages, no pots, just pets, hats, dyes, cool effects etc.) which in addition currently gets you a beta key. 13 people have bought the $1000 store package. Over $200000 was raised in the first week. I'd say it's going to be a financial success, and for good reason; it's an excellent game.

10. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I had to check out their website. So they'll "never charge for the full game," but in the meantime are charging a minimum of $10 for access to the closed beta. That is quite...brilliant.

11. worth the wait

Fabulous game !! Its definitely worth the ten years wait and the money to buy the original game !!