Universal Dice Soccer City (LambdaMu Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Lambdamu, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Lambdamu

Lambdamu Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    iPhone Application Developer
    Singapore
    The answer you are seeking may lie in the game itself ;)

2. kraze ivan

kraze ivan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2012
    Greetings everyone!

I was a huge fan of the original Dice Soccer and was in the beta for Dice Soccer City. Overall I think the devs did a fantastic job on bringing the game from the initial beta (which was quite good) to the game we have now (which I think is awesome).

For anyone concerned about this being a P2W game, let me assure that it is definitly not. I went F2P all the way and made it all the way into Pro league and I have unlocked all the players. It was pretty generous at the beginning of the beta and got even more generous as it was developed.

At it's heart this game is a strategy game where you get to maximize the synergies of your team in order to stomp the opposing team. One of the aspects of the game that I enjoy the most is discovering a sweet combo of players and looking forward to the next player that I am going to unlock to make an even better combo.

Below is re-post of a strategy guide that I posted on the beta thread in case anyone needs any tips for building effective offensive and defensive lineups.

3. Lambdamu

Apr 19, 2010
    Singapore
    Thanks for that great write up, manager!

Remember, the key is consistency, so remember to dice your players to have similar numbers to gain more control over their fate!

Example — make sure anyone who’s playing with Rusty the Mechanic, has as many threes as possible. Harry the Dogwalker is also loves threes, so they work well together!

What are some of your other favorite combos? The mothership would like to know, for um, research purposes.

4. Lambdamu

Apr 19, 2010
    Singapore
  5. rslowe

rslowe Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2016
    I'm enjoying this game a lot! I had no idea that I was playing against other players! XD That explains the one wood league team that was super advanced with a cool combo attack that just wiped me out. hahaha

My attack team is currently Rusty, hermit, and dogcatcher. They're diced so that they hit a triple 3 most of the time, which can lead to a strong -2 attack and a 1+ boost for an effective 12 attack. When I'm close to passing score I switch in a hardhitting defense player. I don't think this is going to cut it in Bronze league, though, so I'm looking out for stronger attack characters.

My defense team is trapper, woodcutter, and builder currently. Woodcutter usually 5s and builder usually 4s, and trapper usually 2s or 3s -- so I get a trap on the one player I don't want rerolling and a solid 11/12 defense or so.

I didn't realize that your dicing could lower dice as well as raise them! That might change up some strategies once I get new characters.

6. xinn3r

xinn3r Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Was always a fan of Pixel People, this is a great game too, thanks!

7. DustCloud13

DustCloud13 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2013
    USA
    My favorite combo right now is Plumber, Wrestler, Gardener. Currently in Silver League with the help of that one!

8. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    I'm at bronze league and always failed when I want tomplay a game. What can I do?

9. Lambdamu

Apr 19, 2010
    Singapore
    Sometimes the network can get a wee bit busy, but if you're perpetually stuck there after quitting and relaunching a few times, then send the mothership an email ([email protected]) with your team name included, and we will follow up.

10. Lambdamu

Apr 19, 2010
    Singapore
    Well done Manager! Realising that potential does not always have to be utilised positively, is a groundbreaking step towards asserting more control over your fate. ;)

Your defense seems quite balanced, and the mothership is curious to know what splicing options you plan to experiment with.

For your offence, remember that power is cumulative, so with clever rolling, Rusty's kicks can go up to -4 or -5 within a single game. (or even more!)

11. Lambdamu

Apr 19, 2010
    Singapore
    I hear the Postman would like to have a word with you.

12. xinn3r

xinn3r Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    I seem to be stuck at the loading screen for 30 minutes now, is the server down or should I send an email?

13. Lambdamu

Apr 19, 2010
    Singapore
    By any chance are you in the Silver League / built the hospital recently?

14. xinn3r

xinn3r Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    #34 xinn3r, Feb 4, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    I am in the Silver League and I have a hospital, yes.

Sent you an email already. My internet is fine so it seems it's the game.

Stuck before updating, updated, still stuck at Loading at half. Oh, also tried restarting my iPad.

15. Lambdamu

Apr 19, 2010
    Singapore
    Ok. Sadly the Hospital has been malfunctioning due to the intensity of injuries.
    Do not delete your town in the mean time. There will be an update arriving early in the week that will fix it.

16. rslowe

rslowe Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2016
    Rate My Team

[​IMG]

Rate my team!

This team is one of my earliest builds, when I was first experimenting with combos. I call the team "Twos and Threes." It was the first time I realized that I should be rolling certain characters first to get bonuses up, then rolling others later to exploit them.

This team got me about halfway through Bronze League, but I'm finding that it doesn't cut it after that. I'm hunting for new characters now.

This is not a bragpost, but rather a shameless bid for a free splicer upgrade. =)

17. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Rate this team!

This is my bronze team.

Attached Files:

18. Lambdamu

Apr 19, 2010
    Singapore
    That's a pretty good post! Will PM you a code! Maybe with some splicing you can stretch this team a bit further. Or maybe it's time to start experimenting with those 1's

19. wyzau

wyzau Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Rate my team

Here is my team - just got into Bronze League :)

Attached Files:

20. JayTay

JayTay Active Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Is there any chance of iCloud sync coming? Started playing on my iPad but would like to continue on my phone when out and about if possible.