Universal Dice Soccer City (LambdaMu Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Lambdamu, Jan 31, 2018.

1. rslowe

rslowe Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2016
    Fouls = Every character has six dice sides, some stronger than others. If you don't get the side you want, you can reroll UNLESS you run out of stamina or hit a "foul." The foul sides are black and yellow instead of white and red. If you hit a foul, you're stuck with that die side for that turn.

With some of my characters, their foul side isn't terrible: a foul 5 with the woodswoman is probably what you want anyway. But getting stuck with a foul 2 with my striker (when I really want a 3) is annoying and happens from time to time.

The hooligan character has a special power that is jumpstarted by anyone in the team getting a foul -- then he attacks for 2 damage! Not bad, though I prefer abilities triggered by numbers that I can dice up rather than the 1 or 2 foul sides that are essentially unchangeable.

P.S. I just got my first animal utopia box! I haven't seen one before. They contain 3 random animals -- I hope I get a rare one.

2. xinn3r

xinn3r Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Hey, thanks for the explanation!

Btw, where’s the CNY sale when you need one. Wasn’t ready to jump the gun a few days ago but now I can’t find the character :(

3. DustCloud13

DustCloud13 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2013
    USA
    The Chosen One has taken your advice to heart. However, he has decided to use Miner instead of Preacher. With the help of those armadillos, he is closing in on Gold League thanks to rolls like this one!

Attached Files:

4. Lambdamu

Lambdamu Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    iPhone Application Developer
    Singapore
    Interesting arrangement there, manager! One has seldom seen the Fireman specimen placed in an offensive role. A curious strategy, and the Mothership would love to know if it lights up the game, or kinda fizzles out after a while.

5. TheIronBeagle

TheIronBeagle Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2016
    Hardcore gamer
    Gravity Falls
    #65 TheIronBeagle, Feb 7, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    The fireman and other stamina reducing characters are mostly used for defense, but it can be workable, although I'm unsure if its optimal (I did win a bit and lose a bit, not sure if more or less than usual). The good thing about the fireman on offense is when you're on the second round towards the goal, or if you're coming back from a near goal on your side. The opposing defense sometimes saves stamina for use in the second round, if they foul or get a high number first try and they're not rolling for specials. If he's not marked, I swap him to take out the not tired defenders, and if he is I roll him separately from the other two offense players so I can free him. He also doesn't roll too low, so even if he doesn't use his special, he's still useful as my offense is based around stats anyway. I actually just swapped in him because G. Beast was injured and I was experimenting with different wacky builds :p

6. Lambdamu

Apr 19, 2010
    Singapore
    This is why you are the chosen one.

7. xinn3r

xinn3r Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Anyone know how Dice works when shooting a goal?

Seems like Strikers has a larger green area? Because other than that, it's pretty hard to put it on target.

8. DustCloud13

Jan 25, 2013
    USA
    I believe that it depends on the number of non-foul sides on your die that are greater than what the goalie rolled. The more of those, the larger the green area.

9. rslowe

rslowe Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2016
    #69 rslowe, Feb 7, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    Agreed. I sometimes swap in my woodswoman (who has 1 3 and 5 5's!) if the goalie has a 3, but the green GOAL space is still only about 30% of the range. It seems like there's a penalty on DEF characters and probably a boost for ATK/STRK characters.

I haven't notice any penalties for being tired, though I thought maybe there would be.

10. xinn3r

xinn3r Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    @Devs,

Is it just me or does the Guard Dog splice not work with some skills?

I put them on Preacher, Dry cleaner, as well as Carpenter, but do not notice an increase in skill power.

11. xinn3r

xinn3r Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Actually don't mind me, seems like it only affects skills that add and subtract points, so Dry cleaner should work.

Although, I'm curious, do I put the Guard dog on the ally, or on the skill giver?

12. rslowe

rslowe Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2016
    Does anyone else have Wynn, the exclusive striker character? (You have to buy her.) Is there any way to level her up?

On her page, all I get is ??? where her level-up goals should be.

13. Lambdamu

Apr 19, 2010
    Singapore
    Coming in the next patch. Peyton uses all natural colors for her hair dye, extracted from the utopium enriched vegetables that grow in her yard. She grew up kicking acorns in the forest and continues to hone her striking ability in this fashion.

14. nicetoknovvyou

nicetoknovvyou New Member

Jun 22, 2014
    Male
    Banking
    Richmond, VA
    I was wondering if anyone else is having issues with matches in the bronze league, instead of finding an opponent i always get “failed” and nothing happens

15. Ivan@LambdaMu

Ivan@LambdaMu Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Can you pm your UserID? To check your UserID, tap on the League Shield on the top left corner of the screen.

16. xinn3r

xinn3r Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    [​IMG]

I'm not even mad...

That's MINUS (-)68 btw...

17. Ivan@LambdaMu

Ivan@LambdaMu Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Hah. This combo is a pretty back breaking one. But I think there are couple of ways to break it. It's a pretty brutal Gold Tier combo though.

18. xinn3r

xinn3r Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Agreed, this takes time to build up, if you can squeeze past the defense on the first offense and score a goal, you just need to defend and win. I won against this lineup once and drawed once, never lost.

Still, seeing -68 is pretty hilarious.

19. DustCloud13

Jan 25, 2013
    USA
    I’ve been victimized as well...

Attached Files:

20. rslowe

rslowe Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2016
    Oh man, SnipSnip has trolled me pretty hard, too. My stamina-debuff defense team keeps his attack team at bay, but my offense is a slow build-up strategy, too. It ends up being a game of chicken of seeing who can build up faster. o_O

I also get hit hard by teams that lay down overlapping bleeds. Ouch!