Disco Zoo - From NimbleBit & Milkbag Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by eeenmachine, Jan 24, 2014.

1. MrSkin

MrSkin New Member

Jan 19, 2014
  2. Lumlca

Lumlca Active Member

Feb 25, 2013
  3. Aezio26

Aezio26 Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Director
    Newark on Trent, England
  4. Mauno

Mauno Active Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Male
    #24 Mauno, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
    Nimblebit & Matt Rix !
    I want to believe :)
    thx for the beta

5. OTrain13

OTrain13 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Co-founder, Milkbag Games
    Canada
    Go for it! :D

6. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Alright sweet.

Well, as I said, I'm loving it! I gotta say, when I saw the reveal I was really skeptical because of the lack of Bitizens and the slightly different art style. Well, i love it now, and it makes me chuckle when the people hop around. All their quotes are quite funny and a blast to read.

I'm loving the puzzle gameplay of discovering the animals, and finding new animals is super cool. I've got a medium zoo (100 animals now) and am in Africa (I have 2 gryphons!). I can't wait to the other areas (especially that last one!). I only wish each area had more animals :D

The balance seems spot on right now, so I don't see a need to adjust anything as of now.

Haha and of course, the discos! I think they're a really neat mechanic, as Nimblebit games don't usually have a coin doubler thing in them, and also it's great music :D

I think I encountered a bug yesterday where I left the app for a few hours but it was still running in the background, and when I came back there was no sound.

7. OTrain13

Jan 28, 2009
    Canada
    Thanks! Glad to hear you're enjoying it. :D

Thanks for the bug report! We'll look into it. :)

8. OTrain13

Jan 28, 2009
    Canada
    Thanks, everyone up to here added! Be sure to post your impressions here!

9. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    Can someone please post a quick insight into what the actual gameplay is? Not sure I fully understand from the video :)

I would have loved to beta test but don't want to post my email address in a public forum :)

10. ElectricGrandpa

ElectricGrandpa Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Developer
    Brampton, Ontario
    The video is just a teaser, it's not meant to show the gameplay or anything at this point. I can go into detail about the gameplay, but some of it may change, and it's probably easiest just to play it, you'll pick it up really quickly. If you PM me your email I can add you to the beta.

11. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Only have played a couple minutes but wanted to say there is no sound. I restarted and force quit and all but no sound :(

Going to explore a bit but so far its short in explanation (again about 4 minutes play time so might be operator error at work here).

I have the balloon thing and caught two animals. But the animal pens aren't made - where did they go? Or are they made cuz I caught them? Gonna dive in a bit more.

Oh -- the first post said we could play on more than one device with iCloud? Do we use the same email link?

12. laxbro270

laxbro270 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    #32 laxbro270, Jan 31, 2014
  13. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    Thanks for your reply. PM sent :)

14. ElectricGrandpa

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Developer
    Brampton, Ontario
    Yup, there seems to be an issue with sound sometimes cutting out in the current build. If you rescued two animals, you should see pens for them in the zoo, the pens get built automatically for each type of animal you found.

Yup, you can use the same link to play with multiple devices. To load an iCloud save, right now you can go to menu->options->icloud.

15. Jrec15

Jrec15 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Not usually into these type of games, however i love the theme/art here so am willing to give it a shot. Will take a promo code at [email protected] if you'd like the opinion of someone like me to see if it wins me over :)

16. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    #36 turakm, Jan 31, 2014
    would love to beta test.
    Edit: thanks got the invite, will post impressions!

17. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Loaded it up, caught ten animals.
    Had to run back to tell everyone how much I'm liking this game.
    The polish is great and I found myself sort of bobbing with the disco music.
    No issues yet but just started it.

18. Jrec15

Jrec15 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2013
    #38 Jrec15, Jan 31, 2014
    Ok got it & played it, word of warning it's definitely addicting! I ended up going all the way to the Savanna and got a gryphon. The thing that hooks me is the core gameplay is actually fun to me. It involves puzzles to rescue animals, and it kind of plays out like a game of battleship. The graphics and theme are also huge strong suits. Now, the game does run on a bunch of timers. I guess that was to be expected. And the best and most efficient way of getting through everything involves discobux, which can be obtained by watching short (15 sec) ad videos. They are also given out in other aspects of the game randomly. Therefore, there is no pressure to spend real money (though that might just be in this promo edition), but there is definitely pressure to watch ads. All in all, it is a fair system (this type of game is not fit to be premium anyway), but if someone is able to play and not watch a couple of ads i would be extremely impressed :)

19. Aezio26

Aezio26 Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Director
    Newark on Trent, England
    Great game guys, brilliant, just can we split up the pens abit they seem to be abit build one and another and another, maybe a few shops for the guests to spend money and earn us credits? Or attractions etc, not calling this theme park just something to keep the fingers tapping.

All In all 10/10 so far..

Beta tester

20. ElectricGrandpa

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Developer
    Brampton, Ontario
    Thanks for the feedback so far everyone! :) Glad you're enjoying it.