Disco Zoo - From NimbleBit & Milkbag Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by eeenmachine, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Aezio26

Aezio26 Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Director
    Newark on Trent, England
    You're welcome 'grandpa' must be the best casual 8-bit game I've played to date.

The way you collect bux is great very frequent too, nothing to alter there.

Maybe slightly increase the coin gain..it takes quite a whirl to amass.

Other than that. Good job!!:D

2. Aezio26

May 21, 2012
    Director
    Newark on Trent, England
    Sorry to keep posting but just giving ideas or feedback.

Maybe a quest list? To earn extra coin

Save x amount of koalas 250 coin etc?

3. tvp61196

tvp61196 New Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Sarasota,FL
  4. Aezio26

May 21, 2012
    Director
    Newark on Trent, England
    Also how about in 8bit style of course...

*- = pen

-------------| ------------ |

| gift shop

------------
    |
    Cafe

-------------|-------------|

5. laxbro270

laxbro270 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Forgot to mention that I have an iPhone 5 with ios 7.0.4

6. JohnnyHand

JohnnyHand Active Member

Jan 20, 2011
    #46 JohnnyHand, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
    [email protected]

Have both an iPad 3 and iPhone 5 running latest OS. Would love a chance to beta test.

7. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I really like this quest idea. Would be a cool way to earn more discobux

8. ElectricGrandpa

ElectricGrandpa Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Developer
    Brampton, Ontario
    yup, we've got lots of ideas for new fun things to add to the zoo in updates, some of which may be stuff like this! :D

9. Aezio26

May 21, 2012
    Director
    Newark on Trent, England
    Cheers gramps ;-)

Thanks for the acknowledgment there, seriously don't know how you guys make these games addicting..

Do tell.

/mental note steal his idea :p

10. freaknizzle345

freaknizzle345 Active Member

Dec 21, 2013
    The game is really good but you should make the animal's habitat cater to them, for instance the crocodile should have a body of water somewhere , koala's should have bamboo trees or whatever tree they eat from and so on.

11. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Is it okay to make a short gameplay recording?

Love the game btw. The design is very addicting to come back to. :)

12. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    So far its really good. I can see myself getting addicted to it.

Some things so far with only 14 animals...

I wish that you could wake up all animals at once - if you are away from the game and come back it would be cool to just wake everyone up.

Speaking of waking up - what happens when you upgrade the animals? So far I can figure out that you get an average 2 coins per minute per animal? (fully awakened 14 animals nets 38 coins per minute) But that also fluctuates - what affects that?

At the end of the Farm region there is an animal that keeps getting pushed to the back. I don't want to spoil it for the others by naming it. I would like it closer to the front. Any way to rearrange the pens?

Speaking of the pens - its really a pain to swipe so far over to either view and get coins or wake up. The next region opened and it got added to the end. Is there a finite point to where this would stop or can it go on forever? Cuz I like to go in and do what I need to and the swiping is slowing me down.

Newspaper reviews. What affects them? More animals seems to mark me up higher (started at a D- and I am at a D+ right now) - will I get more coins for better reviews because it seems like more visitors would come with a higher review?

Definitely cute and addicting in the way Tiny Tower was. In fact I love one of the comments as the pen was building - are they building a tower?

13. ElectricGrandpa

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Developer
    Brampton, Ontario
    Yup so if you don't feel like waking up all the animals, you can just spend one DISCOBUX to do a 1-minute disco, which will wake them all up! (and earn you some money).

There is no way to rearrange the pens right now... we might add that at some point, but probably not for launch. There is the minimap though, which you can use by tapping the blue MAP button in the bottom right.

Your coins earned are per-pen, so different types of animals earn you different amounts. When you level up a pen (every 5 animals) the number of coins earned increases.

And yeah newspaper reviews are mostly based on how many animals you have in each region, though we may add other factors to that later on.

14. ElectricGrandpa

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Developer
    Brampton, Ontario
    We'd prefer not to have any recordings done of it yet, because the game is still missing some core features/art etc, so we don't want people to judge it too soon. We'll try to let you know when it is ok to do though! :)

15. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    So close to the North! I have 197 animals :D

16. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    200! Off to the North!

17. background

background Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2012
    Auditor
    Just play a bit, found several animals, have to say the game is really addicting, and I like the music a lot, really feel relaxing. Recommend is that habitat can be organized more and animals that belong to live in the same habitat can be put together, and each habitat can have its characteristics, it is a bit too identical now, and I also like the idea of quests. Will keep playing, thank you for the opportunity of beta testing and sharing the game.

18. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Been playing! Just initiated an hour long disco.

I'd like to see something in front of the exhibit you can tap that'll give some facts about the animal for a little bit more detail. Not an urgent add but would be cool to get some facts on my guys.

19. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Woah!

You can sell your animals to other zoos! :O

20. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    So I just reached Savannah and I have to say it suddenly feels unbalanced. The way the animals are laid out in no pattern to find them seems very randomized. I have yet been able to capture more than one of the animals hidden in the grid without having to spend a buc. The grid seems too large with too few moves to accomplish it. It would be what people refer to the wall of free to play games. Obviously going to keep going.

I also don't have the ability to watch the movies for the free bucks anymore. Or get the 5 free moves. That was a nice bonus to be able to earn those.