Disco Zoo - From NimbleBit & Milkbag Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by eeenmachine, Jan 24, 2014.

1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Hehe I hope it was on purpose

Woah, new mini game idea! Find the citizens in the animal exhibits!

2. ElectricGrandpa

ElectricGrandpa Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Developer
    Brampton, Ontario
    Hah yeah that's actually a known bug that we decided not to fix because it's funny (though we might have to fix it if we add "find the people" as a mini game later).

We actually have some ideas in a similar vein that we've been thinking about. They might not make it in for launch, but will probably be in one of the early updates.

3. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    I see that there is a "pattern" to the later stage animals. I think I freaked out a bit because it jumped so much. I have over a 100 animals now and its so darn addicting. What comes next comes next! Really love that element of surprise.

I love the text bubbles for what the animal sounds are. So my obvious question is is there a fox to catch? If not please do. And if so I guess you know what you can make him say!!

4. tunawrap

tunawrap Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Hi there! I'd love to contribute to this game's success and help with testing if possible. Please consider me, I have experience beta testing plenty of games.

Email: [email protected]

5. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #85 JCho133, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
    Hehehe

Hehe they say"Ahee! Ahee!" and "Hatee ho!" and ".......... ..." And also what seems to be some morse code... Haha but the citizens looking at the foxes say things like "Will we ever know?"

6. cdkilgore21

cdkilgore21 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    This game looks awesome!!

7. popjam5

popjam5 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Is it too late to try this game out?

Ive been reading the past couple of pages, trying to work out how in the world this game works, yet I have no clue. Could I test it? I love these kind of games.

Email: [email protected]

Ios 7.0.4

8. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Like playing Battleship on a 5x5 grid looking for 1-3 objects that are 1-4 squares in size of varying shapes like tetris pieces. Limited turns per rescue attempt. Animals caught generate coins while awake. Coins fund going on more rescues. Discobux = premium currency (an uncommon item). It lets you have more turns on rescues and lets you turn on disco mode so animals stay awake and twice as productive for up to 8 hours.

9. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Catching a fox was one of the first animals I wondered was in the game. They totally poured that youtube song into the game. :) the fox also says ".... --- .-. ... ." Which translates perfectly with the lyrics. Lol

10. popjam5

popjam5 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2012
    I kind of understand, thanks for explaining. Would still love to beta test this game, I havent even got it yet and im hoping for more minigames lol

11. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Echoen and JCho - you totally get it! So many possibilities!!

So having played loads of this genre I opened the game today totally expecting a daily bonus. Habit I guess.

Now when someone requests an animal from you and you agree to sell it does it affect your level of the animal?

How do you free an animal? Is it by answering requests or another action?

12. OTrain13

OTrain13 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Co-founder, Milkbag Games
    Canada
    Thanks for all the continued feedback, everyone! We're reading it all, even if we can't respond to everyone. :)

It can, yes. If you sell animals and it drops you below a level boundary, your animal level will drop. You'll want to take that into consideration when selling. :)

Freeing the animals is a part of the game that's not done in the beta. Right now an animal is freed when you rescue an animal whose habitat is maxed out (25 animals). You'll get a coin reward. We're still working on the part of the game that happens with the freed animals. More on that later... ;)

13. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Kinda looking for a daily too. Last game I played like this was pixel people.

Requested animals affecting level, haven't really checked after selling but I presume yes. I sell each time to fund more rescues in the same region and I always get the same animal back so it's totally worth it.

Freeing animals happens when you catch another animal you've maxed out (like a 26th rabbit). Instead of sending it to your zoo, you "donate" it for a few hundred coins.

14. rewind

rewind Active Member

Dec 10, 2013
    I'm very occupied
    I really don't know
    #94 rewind, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
    I freed a sheep yesterday. I don't think I got a coin reward, or at least it didn't tell me so. But let's say I did get the reward, then how much would it be? Does it go up depending on the rarity of the animal?

Otherwise, I've experienced no crashes and no other bugs than the two that have been mentioned. And it's addicting.

15. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    I saw that gifting / selling the animals does indeed affect the levels so thanks for the answers.

Noticed that when the indicator for asleep animals appears (the zzz square) it will tell you how many pens are asleep. When you are waking them up it counts down. BUT when you get to 6 it will just not have a number. Like 6 then once I saw a 3 but usually 6 then blank, blank.... Bug or intentional? If you catch your pens asleep under 6 they count down fine. Happened a few times. Moral - don't let the animals fall asleep.

16. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    Ok, I believe I've added everyone who requested to test up to here, including from my PMs.

17. ElectricGrandpa

ElectricGrandpa Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Developer
    Brampton, Ontario
    Yeah this is a problem with the way those notifications work, they're actually little cards, so I only show a number on them when you have more than 4... but they're so small it's hard to tell how many you have. I might just make it so that it always looks like there are 4 cards so you can always see the number (even if there is just one card).

18. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Hey all just joined the beta today while at work I got the email...it's really hampering my productivity but can't wait to get home and catch up on the forum here an play more.

19. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    I've yet to encounter any bugs. the game is well balanced!
    I have 466 animals. really been working it all weekend.
    I'd encourage all to do the one hour discos when you can.
    I like to have at least 10 disco bucks at all times though so usually when I hit 20, ill initiate a disco.

having a blast so far.

20. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    So far I'm enjoying the game a few graphics could use clearing up but I noticed you commented saying it wasn't all finished yet anyway. The tutorial I do like being short and figured the game out instantly anyway but some people may like a little more info as it feels like no info to me anyway.

I would like the ability to move pens also as I am a bit OCD and like things the way I like them, I haven't played enough yet as I was in work all day after downloading but I am hoping that all farm animals stay together and all plains stay together and not just appear in pens in order of when you first caught each. So all I'd say on that is if moving pens ourselves doesn't make it in yet group everything by type of pen.

So far it has always told me there are no videos to watch. But all in all the game is addictive and there's so much you can do with it I enjoy the zoo collection part of the game and the mini games for catching to begin with.

I seen in the forum one of you said you weren't sure what would happen to our saves but two I messaged said we would lose out save? Usually when I've tested games via testflight or early promo codes I've always been able to keep my game, I don't like the idea of putting a lot of time in now to start again later. I'm sure you could work it out to keep the file if you tried? I'll still play a bit of course until I know for sure as I'm happy to give feedback and maybe even change something.

Just ending on a more positive note when I've played zoo games in the past I've always wished someone would add a fact file of sorts on the animals, maybe when we click on the pen and animal and it brings up all the info have another button inside that page to see the info on the animal.