Disco Zoo - From NimbleBit & Milkbag Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by eeenmachine, Jan 24, 2014.

1. ElectricGrandpa

ElectricGrandpa Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Developer
    Brampton, Ontario

Thanks for your feedback! Sorry about the save data thing, but unfortunately it isn't something that can be just solved with working more at it unfortunately. I've been wanting to include a little fact sheet about each animal as well, so I'm going to try to get that in for launch but it might be a bit tight :)

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Couldn't you put your beta file on testflight? Testflight downloaded apps register on the AppStore when the game is released and you can just download the AppStore version over the testflight file or update over the file when there's an upgraded version.

That would be cool if you could add little fact sheets nobody every seems to do it. I also got my own answer to my question about grouping habitat types together.

Been trying to make a log of the patterns for each enemy any tips for this? Like with the more complex patterns it's hard to know what to write to explain it in a few words.

Just two questions to add too, number one being what is the basis of the price increase on exploration to capture more animals? It seems to raise and raise does it have a limit? Also does it only increase if we capture animals or just increases all the time? Finally I was just wondering as you said about my idea and previous ones of others your not sure you'll get it added in, in time is the release soon?

3. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    I'd love to see an overview of how many of each animal I've caught. I imagine it'd be good at the Hangar when checking out what animals are there.

4. ElectricGrandpa

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Developer
    Brampton, Ontario
    The stats screen shows how many animals you have in pens and how many you have freed, or do you want the total of rescued animals accounting for sold animals?

5. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    How many of each type so before you deploy a rescue mission you know which animals to look for? Like if I was done with sheep but needed pigs I could find out without scrolling to the pens. As I fill up the farm I realize how valuable that might be.

But that might be too much of a pain to do.

Also in favor of keeping the data. Wouldn't iCloud do that?

6. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    They have a guide included, if you click on one of the animals while you're rescuing (the icons above the grid that show what animals are still in there) it'll bring up an option to buy a pattern guide for $2.99

7. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Well if you click on the icon for the animal at the bottom left of the screen when you're looking at a pen it brings up those stats. Then scrolling there is easy because you can just click map

8. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Haven't noticed that but it's ok I've figured out how to just map it myself easily. I'm not against a one off IAP to support a free game but since it won't be saved.

Still wondering if anyone knows the answer to how the cost of exploration is worked out with it ever increasing.

9. tunawrap

tunawrap Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    #109 tunawrap, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
    I've only been playing this game for a short while (~100 animals), but so far I'm loving it! I think it would be a nice touch if we were able to decorate or rearrange our animal enclosures, such as purchasing scenery for them and moving trees and whatnot around.

*EDIT* One more thing: when I first discovered the "find the animals" minigame, I was delighted! It would definitely be fun to add more minigames.

10. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Yup. Like put the number of caught rabbits next to the animal icon in the screen which shows all 6 for the region. It looks like the perfect menu to put it IMO.

And how about putting the pattern for known animals somewhere for reference?

11. ElectricGrandpa

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Developer
    Brampton, Ontario
    Yup we're gonna have some kind of display in the rescue mode that shows you how many animals you have, so it should help with all of that! :)

Also, yeah the game has iCloud, but without getting too technical, the issue with the beta is that it will show up on your device as a different app, so there's no way to sync the data between them, because your iphone will think they are completely different unrelated apps.

12. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
  13. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I do really like the rescue missions not so much the ever increasing price on them though. But it does seem like an evolution in the game compared to tiny tower or tiny Death Star as building up the zoo is similar but less micromanagement and adds a game to it that's simple but also involves some thinking. Same with the finding animals that escape it's far less drugery than searching floor by floor for a person for some reason.

I seen others mention ideas I like with possible shops ect between enclosures or maybe in their own zone. Maybe adding staff with some purpose in the zoo like park rangers or maybe cleaners/entertainers. Also just a small thing but in the car park there aren't many types of vehicle it's not many spaces to fill but just the same couple repeated.

14. rewind

rewind Active Member

Dec 10, 2013
    I'm very occupied
    I really don't know
    Don't worry, the pens are in a particular order, based on region and rarity of the animal. If you tap the "i" button at the hangar, you'll see that your pens will be in the order that the animals are listed there. Anyhow, you'll figure out sooner or later that they're in the same order for everyone (because I was wondering the same thing and I'm very OCD too).

15. sawyer4325

sawyer4325 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
  16. rewind

rewind Active Member

Dec 10, 2013
    I'm very occupied
    I really don't know
    I just got offered 22,500 for a moose. One moose. I thought I was dreaming.

I wonder how much you could get offered for sasquaches (or any mythical animal)

17. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Was thinking of how to add the number of resident animals to be seen while at the helipad. What if you changed the icons on the maps to show the total number of animals in those pens. That way you can see it everywhere. Even maybe when you have an offer for animals?

18. Tyie

Tyie New Member

Feb 3, 2014
  19. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Just watched some of this on the live stream and I'm smitten, so if I'm of any use my email is:

[email protected]

Thanks in advance for any consideration guys!