Discussion on Eliminate & Touch Pet Pricing Schemes

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Windburn, Nov 5, 2009.

1. gelas_plastik

gelas_plastik Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    #41 gelas_plastik, Nov 6, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
    I like to play all kind of games including counter strike ..

Regularly? I have a lots of better things to do in my life .. gaming is just one of them .. but yes, I got your point .. some people they not only like this kind of things (online games), they really love it .. they probably spent 80% of their day with it .. but that's not me ..

2. Dark_Messenger

Dark_Messenger Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Good. You knew were i wanted to come with this then you shuld understand it pretty easely. If what you say is true, you are not a optimal target for mnemecko. And thats why your opinion dont really matter much for them. you and me would never be people they drag the big bucks from.

It would be far worse if you got the same answer from alot of people that really digs fps and CS kind a games.

If they, that truly means anything in this case, would think eliminate was crap the game would sink like titanic pretty fast.

3. gelas_plastik

gelas_plastik Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Agreed, you and me probably not an optimal target for mnemecko .. but then, I wouldn't mind to pay few bucks for monthly subscription as I think that's worth my money and time spent with the gameS .. it's a plural, because subscription here is not really on Eliminate alone, but it could be to a service subscription .. for example, imagine, you are paying 10 bucks monthly for all online games by mnemecko ..

Am not sure about the real statistic, but the pool from that I'm getting here at TA does shows that people like you and me make the most of majorities of appstore consumer .. so by tweaking a bit on their marketing strategy, not only mnemecko will gain a higher fanbase, they could also gain a much more steady income for a long term plan ..

what if NGMOCO expand their marketing scope to people like you and me .. what do you think will happened?

however, now it seems to me now that mnemecko is only targetting to specific type of consumers, draining their pocket so hard but the question is for how long? it's not even a week since eliminate been released, so it is too early to come up with conclusion based on statistic reported by appstore (like what I've read earlier in this topic) .. but personally, I think with current pricing scheme, realistically, it wont be long .. it just a matter of time (give it another two or three weeks) before current target consumer realized that this is way too expensive for their online gaming needs :D ..

4. Dark_Messenger

Dark_Messenger Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    #44 Dark_Messenger, Nov 6, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
    Agreed. If a developer can drag all sorts, casual aswell as hardcore (these terms should be explained in deep cuz it can easely be missunderstood, but i will not. You get my point) and make em pay up its fantastic. However in reality i think this case its hard to maintain in the long run.

We must not forget those that will download the game and spend a few bucks on it just to realize this wasnt something for them. That group will contribute quite a lot as a whole. Its not something i would like to build my playerbase on though. But as the game drags people and stay in the spotlight, this group will contribute substansiously.

EDIT: Oh about the name, I just hit some buttons starting with m. With that name they should expect it.

EDIT2: lol it doesn't even start with m. Says something about it doesn't it. =)

5. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008

1. You suggested the low score would prevent people from downloading the game. It has not.

2. "not a lot of people" buying energy packs? How can you know this. The only real data (not forum polls) we have about people buying data packs is this: the top grossing lists. And Eliminate is bouncing around the top 10 and peaked at #4. At this moment in time, it's doing better than every $0.99 app -- even the #1 paid app. (Eliminate's rank bounces around depending on time of day)

The ultimate test of your original position is whether or not Eliminate is profitable or not. So far, it looks like it's doing quite well.

arn

Attached Files: