Universal Dive for Honour: Cold War (by ECC Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 6, 2015.

1. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Excellent, looking forward to it, but I think I'll grab this one too, reminds me Red October on GameBoy a while ago, I was a big fan of both the movie and the game

2. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    By the way, can we choose our side? It would be really great if we could play as soviet with their submarine Typhoon class which are pure beauty.

3. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Doest look like it. You start out on the American side. I don't know if eventually you play as soviets, but there aren't any options as of right now for me. I'm hoping with it only being 7 chapters, that when you beat the campaign, 7 more will pop up but on the soviet side. Just wishful thinking right now.

4. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Thanks Noen. What about replayability? Has it got any kind of random missions or multiplayer against AI?

5. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    #25 NOEN, May 7, 2015
    Last edited: May 7, 2015
    Nothing against AI, but I DID just read that there are 12 subs to control, so maybe there is more than meets the eye right now. Maybe more will open up? I'll get back to it after I finish downloading a few other games from last night. I want to try this on my iPad also, but so far if you dug the first game, most likely you will dig this one.

Oh, I also read 4v4 multiplayer matches. Like I said, I played MP once and didn't even make it far enough to even see the other player on my map.

6. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Look at the screenshot with that phrase splashed on it.

7. @DE_Clements

@DE_Clements Active Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Looking for any feedback on these comments by the developer please. ?? #

8. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #28 VirtualBoyFreak, May 7, 2015
    Last edited: May 7, 2015
    Yeap, that would be great. I'm a bit on the fence atm regarding this one. I'll wait for devs comments before making a decision

That makes sense with 12 submarines to pilot :) now, after watching your video (thanks!), if there's some kind of randomization for the missions/replayability, it would be great.

9. the_goat_king

the_goat_king Member

Feb 20, 2015
    What is their other sub game called?

10. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    #30 NOEN, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
    Dive for Treasures. It's under their first name before they went to ECC Games.

The more I play this game, the more I like it. I'm still having a little issues with my touches not registering, but I'm playing on an iPhone 5. I think this game would really shine on the iPad. I'll try that out tonight.

11. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Wow, major disappointment. I was hoping for something like 688 Attack Sub, but this is a silly side scroller.

12. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I pushed myself through the first 4 levels and deleted it for space. It's just not very fun to me.

Very slow paced, not very polished, and kind of shallow in game play. You just choose speed and depth and shoot torpedoes at others that can't see you anyway. Meh.

13. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    The screenshots show vertical lines (like diminished water) on both sides, which I guess is because on the iPhone 5 and beyond it doesn't show full screen graphics. Is this correct?

14. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    This is so sad, I am dying to get it but all those review stopped me from buying it, I'll wait and see if the dev are going to update it properly (maybe slightly faster and with a proper iphone5 screen size)

15. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    No black (or water) bars. I'm playing on iPhone 5 and its full screen. I'm not sure why they went with those screenshots. The game is slow, but it doesn't phase me much. My biggest gripe is the control issue. I'm fighting the controls more than the enemy most of the time.

16. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    SUBstandard? So I shouldn't SINK any time into this?

17. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    If on iPhone 5 it's full screen, then the marketing department should rethink their sales strategy...

18. L0ck

L0ck Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    Wasn't the Cold War noted for being cold...as in...not actually involving fighting?

19. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Yes, but its hard to find a Los Angeles class in a WW2 subsim.

20. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #40 VirtualBoyFreak, May 10, 2015
    Last edited: May 10, 2015
    Dive for Treasures was removed from the App Store. I don't find it there. I'll check my purchased history to see if it's still there. EDIT: it's back on the App Store.

As for this game, do you control anything else aside from the submarine's movement and shooting? For example, do you have to load the torpedoes prior to shooting?