Universal Divide By Sheep (by tinyBuild LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Jul 1, 2015.

1. TheProxy

TheProxy Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Chandler, AZ
    #41 TheProxy, Jul 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
    Devs deserve a lot of props for the creativity in their games and the breadth of styles and genre

Spoiler Alert with a unique twist on platforming and graphics that (in my opinion) are somewhat poor.

Fearless Fantasy, a JRPG with one of the more unique and awesome art styles that ive seen, which could come straight from a Tim Burton production.

And now the complete opposite of frightening graphics with this cute puzzler with a simple, sokoban-esque gameplay (essentially pushing blocks).

What's next, an endless runner+town simulator with match-3 rpg mechanics in a cyberpunk setting? ��

Love this game and the ideas these devs come up with. Keep it up!

2. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Don't confuse publisher and developer. TinyBuild picks up indie games with potential for publishing them, it did not develop this game.

3. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Just played level 17 in the Ice world, this is really clever put together, hats off for the developer.

4. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    The laser will slice the sheep in half and two halves can be patched back together on the boat. The trick is to use this to reduce your sheep count. For example, an island with 4 spaces will only hold 4 halves and result in two whole sheep on the boat.

If you're having trouble now though, wait until you reach the fourth world. There are so many permutations that it's really tough!

5. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    The left 6 sheep you should move to the middle, than put the two right sheep through the laser on to the middle and you have two whole sheep and 4 halves makes 4 in total, now put them on the raft, now you need 5 sheep, put three sheep through the laser and you have 2 and a half sheep, times two makes 5, now you only need to put up the 6 sheep that are left on the raft, finished.

6. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Is the dev here?
    I can not get past the blue screen..
    Again....
    This is my second time
    I just got to the 2nd world
    If this keep happening I don’tthink I can enjoy the game if every few days I have to delete and re download the game and starting from scratch every time

Please fix...
    Please..... I’m on 6+ 8.4

7. Cowboy.Henk

Cowboy.Henk Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    NL
    Many thx Roger-nl and mr_bez

8. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    I like this game so much I almost picked up the Steam version too. But it wouldn't get as much attention as my iOS version. tinyBuild is a really talented developer team. Really happy I was able to test Fearless Fantasy. Hopefully I'll be selected for another test down the road. So far I've purchased all 3 games on iOS. And never seen anything like Spoiler Alert or Fearless Fantasy in iOS before ..that I can think of.

9. Testopi

Testopi Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Great Game!
    I just got to the 3rd world (3-4).

10. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    Really excellent puzzle game. Almost done with the 4th world, but it's going to be a real challenge getting 3 stars on every level.

11. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    #51 saosijs, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
    Yeah, understanding the game mechanics is a puzzle in itself ;)

The slice logic is indeed just that: each sheep gets sliced in two halves and the game mechanic here is that each half sheep
    still occupies one full square. You can move around half sheep like you're used to do with "whole" sheep. Merging takes place only on the raft, where two halves become and count as one again.

The trampolines (spring boards) are another game mechanic that had me puzzled for a while. In 1-18 you'll see one with two arrows. Pay attention to
    which of the arrows lights up first. It is not important when routing an even number of sheep because then the bunch of sheep is simply split in two equal halves. But in case of an odd number there is a doubt where the last "odd" sheep goes! For example with three sheep, the first two are split up, but the third goes where the first arrow (the one that lights up first) points to. This rule also applies if you throw only one sheep on the trampoline: it always follows the first-lit arrow.

In the second world, you'll find TNT islands. These can be
    prevented to explode by having a wolf on it that already has devoured a sheep (and thus became a fixed character that doesn't eat and move anymore)

I'm sure more mechanics will follow, but I'm just a few levels in world two ;)

[edit] added spoiler tags, maybe some consider discovering the rules of the game a puzzle in itself (which it is :D)

12. Testopi

Testopi Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2013
    #52 Testopi, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
    Level 3-25: To solve this level (3 Stars), you have to jump over the fence. Why? This is the only Level where this is possible. :confused:

13. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Anyone have the same problem?
    I already delete and reinstall 3 times
    Keep re-playing the 1st world is not that fun

14. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Seems like a bug. It's definitely possible to 3 star it without jumping the fence though.

15. MrFred

MrFred Member

Sep 17, 2013
    Hey Devs do you really have to force 8.3+ ? I know thats preventing me from getting this... :(. I bet if it was 7.0+ you would get more sales too

Cheers

16. VicSol

VicSol New Member

Jul 7, 2015
    - Luke, I'm your developer
    - Noooooo!

Hi guys. I'm Victor - the guy from credit screen. Few answers:

I'm thinking, I'm thinking. Sorry for this, but I still can't reproduce this bug :(

Yea, it's a bug, Thanks. And we find another in 4-25. I will fix and update game soon.

On versions below 8.3, we have an error with video intro screen. I'm trying to solve it. I will write about it soon.

17. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I hope you are able to reduce the iOS version requirements, but even if that doesn't happen I'll pick up the game on Android or worst case scenario, on Steam.

18. Unseen Studios

Unseen Studios Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    UK
    It may be an issue related to progress, after deleting the app and reinstalling, playing to around level 1-18 and force closing the app and trying to start it again, I have exactly the same issue.

19. Cowboy.Henk

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    NL
    #59 Cowboy.Henk, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    Has anyone three-starred lvl 4-30?

Edit: I just found it! 3-starred all levels! :)

20. Cowboy.Henk

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    NL
    #60 Cowboy.Henk, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    Compliments to the dev! Great lvl design. Highly challenging....