Universal Divide By Sheep (by tinyBuild LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Jul 1, 2015.

1. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Thanks, mr. bez.

It was the differences in empty spaces that tricked me from seeing the pattern. Will observe to try to see it in action in the game. ;)

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Is ot bad that I'm only on 1-15 and already having to think about things? Or was it like that for everyone and it just gets harder? Got three stars on everything so far as I don't like moving on until I get all 3, but just taking it in bite size goes so I don't get irritated as I'm not a patient man!

3. Cowboy.Henk

Cowboy.Henk Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    NL
    Do you guys consider Game Center support? Eg number of stars or number of moves...

4. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Just finished game. All 120 levels with 3 stars.

Overall, brilliant and extremely clever puzzle game. Some levels are simply ingenious. Lots of "tricky" moves and some out-of-the-box thinking to solve some of the later levels. Polished graphics. Cutesy theme.

Agree with previous posters that the difficulty curve spikes quite early. However, the developer is wise to never make the levels excessively hard by simply adding lots of islands. Even in the later levels, the numbers of islands are relatively confined. Instead, the puzzles rely on clever flinging to discard or concatenate the herds of animals to the right sizes. The interaction between the pigs and the sheep are particularly clever, as flinging them back and forth in different order can wither down the herds into sizes that were seemingly impossible to achieve at first.

A minor gripe about the game is the opaqueness of some of the game's rules. An example is when you are flinging a herd of whole sheep and half sheep to an island of a smaller size or to another herd of whole sheep and half sheep (having this said, it appears that all levels in which these scenarios happen can be solved without ever requiring the player to resolve these scenarios). The game does not explain well how the sheep are discarded. Likewise, without mr. bez's help, I also would not have understood the rules of replacement with pigs and sheep.

A couple of major bugs in v1.0, one of which allows for an otherwise invalid solution to work. They have been fixed in v1.1.

Highly recommended. Premium game without IAP!

5. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Getting blue screen on iohone 6 ios 8.4. Even deleted and reinstalled :(

6. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    What's the significance of the yellow-black bordered islands seen from level 2-14?

7. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    If you jump between two of them, the animals on each island will switch places.

8. Cowboy.Henk

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    NL
    Any news on the update, @tinyBuild?

9. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Update is live now for those of you that completed the game already.

10. Cowboy.Henk

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    NL
    Great! Thx for the update... :)

11. Cowboy.Henk

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    NL
    Well done! The new game dynamics are really great. 3-starred all lvls... :)

12. Cowboy.Henk

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    NL
    Question. I 3-starred all levels, yet I did not get the final achievement. Is there something else that I need to do?

13. tinyBuild

tinyBuild Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Good news everyone!

Divide By Sheep is now $0.99 on the AppStore for the holiday season

Happy slicing!

14. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    This is one of my games of the year, highly recommended.

Are you working on any new games now, tinyBuild?

15. tinyBuild

tinyBuild Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    In fact we are :)

We're helping the fine folks at Lazy Bear Games on Punch Club - http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=271548

And working with Red Winter on Dungelot - http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=260906

There's also a bit of progress on Party Hard for touch-screens, but nothing concrete yet -- as in, it works, but we're not sure we'd want to release it until it feels intuitive enough. No Time To Explain is in a similar boat in terms of controls.

16. farley

farley Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Does this game not work under iOS 10??
    It just had a price-drop and it was on my watch-list for awhile, so I just bought it. But when I try and launch it, all I get is a blue screen?!

17. Cowboy.Henk

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    NL
    Strange, it does work fine here on iOS 10. What device are you on?

18. farley

farley Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    iPhone 6 Plus.

Weirdly though, it *IS* now working...

Initially, it did nothing - it just launched to a blue screen.

I re-booted the phone and then I was able to launch the game properly, but I only got about a third of the way through the first level, before the game got stuck. I was able to tap on the menu button to go back, but I was unable to do anything in the level itself, such as moving sheep.

I then deleted around 1GB of other data from my phone, and now curiously, the game seems to run fine, and - touch wood - I've had no problems with it since.
    I did have around 350MBs of free space before I deleted the 1GB, and the game downloaded and installed fine, but apparently, for reasons unknown to me, it would seem that the game needs a LOT of free space just to be able to *run* the game... :confused:

19. Cowboy.Henk

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    NL
    Do you like it?