Dizzy Knight - Pixel art monster slayin' action coming soon!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by kathode, Nov 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #41 LordShad0wz, Oct 14, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
    I'll be your first customer that's for sure. The amount of time and work you've put into this game is astounding. Did you actually come up with the entire idea for this game? I can't even tell you how many hours I've played in testing. It had me hooked from the first gameplay session.

I love all of the features and the sharing features. I love the IAP structure and the progression. I love the levels. I love how you have both male and female characters. Most games just have one sex. I love the quests. I love the many power ups.

I could go on and freaken on. I'll save it for when it's released. Lol

Everyone will see how much love went into making this game. It shows. Having a dev that also listens to feedback and implements things and is right on every bug report is also important. That factors into a game just as much as the game itself. I can't wait to see what suggestions the masses will have when its released. I've had a good track record with calling out games and I'm calling it now. This will be a successful game.

Billy

2. kathode

kathode Active Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Hey folks, looking to add ~10 people to an iOS beta test. Special consideration given if you are a foreign language speaker as I'm working on localization at the moment. No real requirements other than you play a few times. I'm locking down on features and just looking for bugs now. Give me an email at gavin (at) megasweet.co if you're interested. Yes, ".co" not .com. Crossing my fingers that this will be out early next year. I know it's taken forever but I hope we are in the home stretch.

3. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Don't know how I missed this one. Email sent :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I'm sending you an e-mail regarding beta testing if you still need people. I natively speak English, so I can't help with localization of language unfortunately.

- Chief

5. kathode

kathode Active Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Thanks for the emails. I am trying to get together a new build to push out this week, and will add people to the test as soon as I do.

A few more people would still be welcome. Thanks!

6. kathode

kathode Active Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Adding people in as we speak. Sorry for the delay. Expect issues! And thanks for your time. Feel free to email me at gavin (at) megasweet.co (or just use Testflight's feedback stuff) if you have feedback.

7. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Just downloaded and gave a quick play through before work. The name is spot on as I'm definitely getting a little dizzy playing....not too bad though.

The graphics and controls are great. Seeing no issues so far.

Question....if I buy either of the two $1.99 iaps, making this a premium game, would I still need to wait 3 hours for a new quest?

Great job. Can't wait to play more.

8. kathode

kathode Active Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Thanks for the feedback! Neither IAP removes the quest wait at the moment. You can skip the wait with an ad view by hitting the red "play" button. The "premium upgrade" IAP removes the ads on death, unlocks the teleport ability, and unlocks a level select menu so you don't have to start on level 1 every time. The other purchase is a permanent money doubler.

9. nickthumb

nickthumb Active Member

Jul 7, 2015
  10. kathode

kathode Active Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Hey everyone, appreciate the interest and the efforts testing.

Dizzy Knight is up and running on Android as well. I would love to get some eyes on that build as I only have a Nexus 5 at home to test with for now. Drop me a line if you've got an Android device and would be willing to give the game a spin on there.

11. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    What happened to this game?

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
  13. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
  14. kathode

kathode Active Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Hi!

Yes, reports of Dizzy Knight's demise are greatly exaggerated. :D It just took me way longer to get done than I expected. We are currently in open beta on Android and loving it. Please download and give it a shot if you have an Android device!

Here's the new little trailer I cut together for the beta. I'll add it to the original post!

15. kathode

kathode Active Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Hi folks, just wanted to bump up this super old thread to say hi again. Hopefully you saw the TA article, but the game is actually coming out this week for real! Miracles really do happen.

https://toucharcade.com/2018/10/05/dizzy-knight-noodlecake-games-free-release-date/

Wanted to say thanks to the people who helped out in this thread in the real old school beta a couple years back. Some of you who were very active made special thanks in the credits :D Hope you all give the game a shot and enjoy it.