Do you want to play Magic the Gathering on iPhone or another CCG?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by wikoogle, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I just saw this thread for the first time, but I feel the need to comment.

I don't care how nerdy this may sound, but I want a Yu-Gi-Oh game for my iDevice. It's the only TCG I've ever been able to get into. I tried to play Magic: The Gathering with my cousin, but we got somewhat confused and went back to playing Yu-Gi-Oh (which was the big thing back then). I've been playing the old GBA games of the series, and it just hasn't worn off. I've played a few different TCG games over the years, and Yu-Gi-Oh has the only battle system that, for me at least, has held up over all these years. It may partly be nostalgia talking, but for the most part I really enjoy the game still, no matter how nerdy it may be. If they ever made and iPhone version, I'd definitely pick it up.

2. wikoogle

wikoogle Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    #62 wikoogle, Jun 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
    Everyone who might be interested in having this game ported to the iPhone, please read the OP and email...

[email protected],
    [email protected]

I suggest giving MTG another shot. Try learning the rules and playing it again.

Yes the learning curve is just a tad bit higher than Yu-Gi-Oh but almost any TCG player would tell you the same thing, MTG is the better game with the better battle system.

Fun is a subjective thing. But imho, it's more fun as well.

3. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I'll give the Xbox Live Arcade game a shot once I get my Xbox back. Any other consoles I could play it on in the meantime? I don't have any cards or anyone with cards who wants to play.

4. wikoogle

Jun 10, 2009
    You can download Magic Workstation or OCTGN 2 on the PC to play the game for free.

The PC version of the game is due out this month.

5. Kyle Poole

Kyle Poole Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    #65 Kyle Poole, Jun 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
    Sorry to hijack the thread lol but you might be interested in Shadow Era, a new CCG coming to iPhone, iPad and web.

[​IMG]

Check out my sig :cool:

6. wikoogle

Jun 10, 2009
    That looks AWESOME.

Can't wait to get it. When is it due to release?

So far the only CCG I know of for the iPhone is Orions, but I love it so I have high expectations for this as well.

7. Narziss

Narziss Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Shadow Era is going to be amazing, just wait in see. It is currently in development, but having tried out the beta, I can say that the interface is super smooth, the artwork is absolutely stunning, and the game mechanics allows for many possibilities and a lot of thought.

8. fractaltears

fractaltears Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 12, 2010
    CCG's on iPhone

MTG on iPhone would be cool but Shadowera looks very promising. Having checked out the beta I gotta say I'm pretty stoked.

9. Chief Indy

Chief Indy Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2010
    You guys should check out Urban Rivals. It's a fun substitute, nowhere near as good but the next best thing imo.

10. starcat

starcat Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    card game

ive been working on Legacy TCG. it will be out shortly. beta testing atm.

www.legacytcg.com

11. vetie

vetie Active Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Need help testing?

12. Not if it turns out with limited deck customization like DOTP for Xbox.

13. d4bn3y

d4bn3y New Member

Sep 9, 2010
    I would love to see MTG on my ipod touch. I would prob play it exclusively. Duels of the Planeswalkers would be an excellent port. But i would settle for any MTG brand game. Online play is a MUST !

14. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Yeah, a MtG card game on the ipod/iphone would be the end of my bank account! I would love it!

15. magiconiphone

magiconiphone New Member

Nov 18, 2010
    There is my project: http://MagicOniPhone.com which is attempting to bring Magic: The Gathering to the iPhone and iPad. I am attempting to take the project as far as I can without releasing it to the Apple App Store, because I only want positive attention from Wizards of the Coast. Posting it without their permission, could lead to negative attention.

[​IMG]

16. Kyle Poole

Kyle Poole Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    This may be a stupid question, but why don't you make your own ccg? Putting copyright issues aside, MTG just isn't suited for mobile devices, as I outlined in my blog post about the design behind Shadow Era... MTG would just take too long to play multiplayer, as every time you do anything you have to wait for the opponent to interrupt or pass... :rolleyes: