Universal Dodonpachi Ichimen Bancho (by Cave)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by asaw2, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Matt Eagle

Matt Eagle Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Currently only the first 2 stages of SDOJ are in the game. There's a placeholder in the UI for a third level. I hope it will be level 5 with Hibachi.

2. Matt Eagle

Matt Eagle Member

Jan 25, 2015
    What's your progress so far in the game? I just passed the 10.000.000 points on red mode. It' very easy to do. Just max out Hikari. Play stage 1-2 and just relaese bombs till you're through. I never got that many points when playing seriously.

I'm still trying 1-2 red no miss. I'm nearly there. It's doable.

The other thing I found was that you cannunlock continues once you've maxed out all 3 ships. When using a continue the points are not reset to zero. But you should never need to use a continue anyway. With a maxed out ship my 5yo son can get through the game with 7 bombs and 6 extra lives.

I've found an interisting video from cave regarding Ichimen Bancho:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TSUprex9p-o

These are the voice actresses of Dodonpachi Saidaioujou saying some new lines for Ichimen Banchou. So they didn't just reuse the graphics and Sound effects from SDOJ. They also created some new stuff for Ichimen Banchou.

3. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    #83 7lilwhitewolf7, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    Update! Pentarou??

4. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Niiice! So what's changed? Can anyone translate?

5. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    They activated the persistent banner ads at the bottom of the play screen and added some other social network sharing besides Twitter. That's from what I can visually see anyways.

Billy

6. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Looks like another difficulty has been added, called "black" mode. You can't launch bombs intentionally in this mode, it still fires if you get hit though. Also some additional options for purchase in the common custom screen - can't tell what they do yet. Some option for "line" mode, looks like something happening with the way coins are awarded. There is an option to change the way your extra ships display during a game. Banner ads.

7. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    They should add an update: English translation

8. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Updated, saw the ads, downgraded to previous version and that was that.

9. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Yeah the ads at the bottom are pretty annoying. I was fighting the stage 2 boss in maniac a while ago with zero ships left. I tried to avoid the bullets by going down the screen then safari magically appeared, and I died :(.

10. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Maybe their next move is an ad-removal IAP?

11. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    If anyone is jailbroken there is a tweak called 'App Admin,' which allows you to install any of the versions of games from the App Store. It's not any kind of piracy, so no one get their feathers ruffled. If you have a game on your device and it is updated, you hit update and you are offered the option to update or downgrade to previous versions. It's pretty awesome.

12. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #92 VirtualBoyFreak, Jan 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    I've read about that tweak. I don't mind dropping in money for an ad-removal IAP in games I play such as this dodonpachi. They could add it easily and keep the video watching coin multiplier if they wanted.

I've played a game or two after reading the banner problems some people had, but I didn't have any. As long as you don't raise the finger and press the banner directly, you're safe. I've passed my finger over the banner while playing and I wasn't taken anywhere. The ship just kept on moving. In any case, I'd love an IAP to remove that banner.

On a sidenote, I translated through Google the update changes, but there were things I didn't quite understand. They've implemented LINE, as well as several Twitter accounts. They've also added a bomb behaviour option and a new difficulty level (someone already mentioned these things). I haven't seen anything which I'd say "WOW!" though.

13. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Agree 100%. Would love an option to buy out ads. Always there to support good games and devs. I still have 2 other dodonpachis on my devices.

14. learnyee

learnyee New Member

Feb 1, 2016
    You had to achieve "No Missed"

You need to achieve at least no missed to unlock the subsequent difficulty.

15. redweasel

redweasel Member

Jan 25, 2016
    How do the ads in the update differ from the previous version? I haven't updated yet and my old version has the anime banner at the bottom.

[​IMG]

16. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    It changes the anime banner for an ad banner which is activated only if you click on the banner, not if you're moving the ship around and you slide your finger on the banner coming from the top of the screen. In this case you continue playing as always.

17. redweasel

redweasel Member

Jan 25, 2016
    Ahh hmm. That's the same way the anime banner works. It never activates for me from sliding - only clicking. Basically I'm just wondering if I should update or not? I don't want ads popping up while sliding like others have mentioned experiencing with the new update.

18. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Update is out, didn't take a look at the details yet though.

19. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Yea I wish they'd do a translation. And I wish they'd add an IAP to get rid of that banner ad.

Billy

20. Buddharupa

Buddharupa New Member

Apr 14, 2016
    #100 Buddharupa, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    I agree! I own all Cave games and Danmaku. This game keeps calling me back to play it's that good! Glad the forums are here with the translations. Well done my friend. Shmups rule

Anyone know what the new Line1 means?