DoDonPachi Maximum [CAVE]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by strivemind, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
  2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I've got most of Caves games so far, love the relative touch controls which work really well.

Heard this one was going to be swipe though which sounds odd ? Was hoping for the same style of control system as before

I dont 'mind' their higher price for their games, frustrating this sounds like it wont work on ipod touch 4th gen though

3. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    *lol* I'd never thought i am not the only one liking small filesizes.
    I tought you guys pick up the big phones and dont care about game sizes.
    The iphone 5 with 64GB costs (in Germany) 900€
    Thats $1150 this is sick and ridiculous - i got the 16GB version with 679€ do the math

4. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I live in Spain and we're on the night of the 24th at the moment, so if the release date is the 26th, we'll have to wait until Friday... :(

5. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Germany here — same crap, waiting till friday. But filesize will be reealed tomorrow 12am in The Main Forum section :)

6. japtor

japtor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Pretty sure it's "HD" (since it was designed for high res Windows Phone specs to begin with) so I'm guessing the 4th gen iPod touch and other 256MB will be left out.
    Going by the previous HD releases I'd guess it is, I've seen screens over on Siliconera showing it on iPhone 4/4S and 5, as well as iPad ones.
    I think it has Ketsui stuff mixed in and maybe others, so it seems like a general Cave game remix rather than DDP specifically. It appears to have what they've teased as an update for the Windows Phone version, like some of the screens I saw appeared to have Uo-Poko in them (cat in an old puzzle game they made, and secret ship in Dangun Feveron).
    The Windows Phone one is 99MB from what I could find, although that doesn't include whatever the new update brings.
    It has the same control as the other iOS games from what I can tell, with one exception. For bombing I think you can just tap with a second finger anywhere on screen, basically two finger touch for bomb instead of a little virtual button in the corner.

7. geremy

geremy Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    So for us in US EST, is this supposed to come out at 11 PM tonight?