Does this annoy you too?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by funkynubman, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I read them for laughs, and sometimes for nothing more than a general consensus. Sometimes there's a good review up there or two that I read, like some ones I've seen from people like Big Albie, but other than that, it's for laughs.

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    You see the same sort of annoying comments here, too. Just not as often.

3. ChaoticBox

ChaoticBox Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Male
    Developer
    Toronto Canada
    Fixed that for you ;)

Don't expect devs to read forums either though - if you find a bug or have a feature request your best bet is to contact the developer. Those support links in iTunes aren't just for show!

4. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Yeah, but you can kinda sift through them here. On the App Store, you'd end up just sifting through every review.

5. funkynubman

funkynubman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    "The Confused Foreigner-" *insert of bunch of Japanese characters*

6. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere

LOL! Oh yeah, I totally forgot that. I have to add in this one really REALLY funny one I saw on Skater Nation Lite:

The person reviewing was named Ooga 2000:

Title: Rating
    This should not be rated 4 and up When my husband got this game, I had to cover my six year old son's pupils!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's one of the many hilarious reviews I've read. But that's by far my favorite.

7. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I honestly don't read the reviews. They're always craptastic. One of the one's that strike me strange are the epic paragraphs that break it down into multiple levels. They're rare, but really?

"Minigore: An Analytical Essay

John Gore. Who is this man, that dives into reckless violence with furry creatures? What elusive childhood event has caused him to enter this frenzy of psychotic madness? Perhaps schizophrenia could be the reason, severe depression and a mental breakdown, perhaps. The red, raging bull he turns into could mean psychedelic drugs. Was this John an abuser in the past, or still one in the present? Perhaps we shouldn't take this literally, but instead see the furries as the analogy they really are, as they refer to Gore's horrible experience with the clown as a child, and how they propagate throughout his life. Never ending, all-consuming, until he'll eventually have to give in. The multiple other characters in the game could signify the other people he's dragged in. Helpless family members and friends eager to intervene and help John out of his pit of despair, but alas, once they got in, nothing could get them out. Or perhaps they represent the various facets of this bushy-bearded man's personality. The feminine side he was always to afraid to show, fearing that revealing vulnerability could result in being backstabbed again, like when his first and only fiance ran away with the UPS guy as he stood at the altar, rain clouds in the background, foreshadowing the pain and tragedy soon to follow. The bear, the monster within, that his soul constantly battles with, but is becoming more and more filled with disdain, sorrow, and defeat. I do not know what to think of this game. I do, however, think the controls suck. 1-star."

8. Noman

Noman Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Just saw this one....

Governor of shmoker

by Dofenshmirtz

This game is pretty good I like it it's like cheese on a pastrami sandwich with ketchup French fries and also kibeh and lachmajeen superb. אני תיפש ו׳ אוהב דודי

9. 5jusername

5jusername Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    Somewhere In The Universe
    i saw this once:
    "since itunes songs are $1.29 im giving this one star"

10. 5jusername

5jusername Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    Somewhere In The Universe
  11. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    You guys say you don't read reviews and that you'd rather use the forums to judge/discuss the demand and quality of the game. I can't tell you how many times I caved in and purchased a game thanks to the hype of ~30 pages of positive remarks and the game was terrible. Way too many ~10 year olds on this forum make these games out to be way more than they are sometimes.

12. funkynubman

funkynubman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    Kijib's reviews are exactly the type I hate. Whiny update reviews. Every single damned review is either "CMON make SOME MOR LVLS it gets BORIIING YOU SAID U WOULD UPDTE THEM CMON!!!!!!!!! DONT LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!MAKE MORE LEVLES FREE!!!!!!!!!" or "Worst game ever, don't buy it."

13. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Maybe they really are great and your scope of appreciation is worryingly narrow.

14. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    i read the reviews on the game sto get some feel back.. i do not listen to the tween crying cause they have to pay for x.. or the guy who wants way more than any developer can pull off. but if i read enough and throw a grain of salt with them i can get a feel for the game.. some honest reviews do pop up.. and ignore the shills.. the shills are easy to see.

for a good laugh. i will read the reviews to "touch pets" o man when they realize they have to pay for dog food.. you get some damn funny reviews..

and some broken heart kids when there pup has to die. laughs
    about the only game i will go to read the new reviews for once or twice a month for a laugh.

chris.

15. z0|¥|b1_G-zus

z0|¥|b1_G-zus Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Selinsgrove, PA
    This type annoys me the most. I wish I could track down the reviewer and personally smack them in the face. I wouldn't say anything either. I'd just leave behind a printout of giant emoticon of an angry face because people who can't use words don't deserve them.

16. TheFamousEccles

TheFamousEccles Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
  17. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    LOL! Yeah, I'm with you on that one. Especially the ones that just put the pile of crap emoticon. It made me laugh the first time but then everyone started putting the same thing on their reviews and I got sick of it.

18. boospengi

boospengi Member

Dec 13, 2009
  19. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    #40 GodSon, Feb 16, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2010