Universal Don't Run With A Plasma Sword [Universal] (v1.1.1 - iCade, Joypad support)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Toad In The Hole, Nov 29, 2011.

1. XperimentalZ

XperimentalZ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    XperimentalZ Games Founder
    Montreal, Canada
    #361 XperimentalZ, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
    Hi there!

We've just added a new game difficulty system in our last update. We had noticed that the game was a bit hardcore for a number of people, so those concerned will find the game a bit less frustrating. For others, it will be game as usual.

We understand that the Touch Arcade community is not exactly casual but hopefully it will help out a few :D.

Oh...and the game just had its first anniversary!!

Cheers!

2. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Ay tips for beating the octopus boss?

3. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Yes 2 of the Octobot attacks are with the tentacles and they shake before attacking. One is plated and invulnerable. Both can be dodged by sliding. Hope this helps!

4. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #364 LordShad0wz, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    UPDATE!

I'm so happy! I was smiling ear to ear! This is one of my favorite games that I actually started playing on my android device before migrating to the iPhone. It was one of the first games I searched for and installed after migrating.

I just watched as many ads as it would let me to give back a little to the devs. I've already purchased xp packs in the past. So many I have no idea how much I've spent lol

Just a really fun game. I can't wait until they make a second one which the dev team said is on the list for this year. I can't wait to alpha/beta the crap out of it. And no devs you have no choice. You will be adding my test flight as soon as an alpha is ready. it's a demand! Lol

I left a nicely detailed 5 star review on the AppStore which should show up by tomorrow.

Go get the update people. If you've never played this game then what's wrong with you? Go get it! It's awesome!

Billy

5. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA

Ha! I was surprised seeing this get bumped! Yeah, I helped beta test this way back when, and had a great time with it! Came up with some ideas that actually made it into the game! Devs were really great to deal with as well! I remember it as an all-around fun experience! If you haven't given this one a go yet, I recommend it highly! #

6. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Still to my mind - together with Punch Quest - the best runner and the best platformer for the platform.

7. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Heh, funny to see this thread pop-up after 2 years.

This was mostly a maintenance update as we cruise toward the release of Pinball Breaker Forever (currently in beta) but we're still thinking about making a sequel for DRWAPS.

The prospect deterred us for a long time because we had invested so much time in it and in my mind, a sequel meant expanding the concept, which was virtually impossible for a small team as us. However through the years my vision has changed and I don't think anymore that we'd have to make it bigger and better. Keeping the bulk of the concept but wrap it with a different angle on art, combat mechanics and level design could be cool enough. We'll see where this lead to!

8. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Listen you guys have skills. I'm sure whatever you do will be kick ass. I wasn't kidding when I said this is one of my favorite games. It really is. And with what you guys are doing with Pinball breaker forever it's just awesome!

I really hope you guys are successful because you deserve it.

Billy