Universal Don't Run With A Plasma Sword [Universal] (v1.1.1 - iCade, Joypad support)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Toad In The Hole, Nov 29, 2011.

1. XperimentalZ

XperimentalZ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    XperimentalZ Games Founder
    Montreal, Canada
    #41 XperimentalZ, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
    A couple of reviews are already up on the web, for those looking for more info :D:

I'm not sure if its admissible or not to post the links so I won't.

2. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Add another comment about this to the pile, please do away with this effect. I'm an audiophile, and artificial "aging" effects, such as the insertion of vinyl-esque crackles or intentional recording fuzz are like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. Please do get rid of it if it's not too much trouble :)

3. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    We'll remove it through an IAP!! :)P just kidding)

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
  5. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Just want to add, I'm only more impressed with this the more I play. The controls really are excellent, and not only their implementation but the design itself and the way the different moves work together. Rarely, if ever, am I able to blame a demise on anything other than my own lack of skill. You're given the tools to escape almost any situation, given sufficient reaction times.

6. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    #46 XperimentalZ, Nov 30, 2011
    Thanks! That's exactly what we were looking for, to escape the traditional speed-increase-random-death that we find in the average runner and create a true platforming experience :D

7. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yeah, he obviously hasn't played it yet......

8. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
  9. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Best of luck with sales. I'll come back with impressions when I get a chance to load it up.

10. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Good fun so far. I love all of the little touches and details (war of the worlds ship in the background made me grin). This is definitely a breath of fresh air for the runner genre and I love the XP system to boost stats.

Great job!

11. LastWindow

LastWindow Active Member

Nov 22, 2011
    I'm in the US and just bought. Having a lot of fun with it! I think Game Center achievements are bugged. I checked them and have fulfilled the requirements for some but they never unlocked. Maybe this has already been stated here. Also, how do I get rid of the red circle with a "2" in it on the game's icon? I know it's Open Fient related but I can't figure out how to make it go away.

Anyway, really enjoying it.:)

12. Red1

Red1 Moderator

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    If you're not playing with swipes, you should check it out, because it works well for jumping, sliding under things and using your light-sab.... I mean plasma sword!

13. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Haha great! It could be fun to organize a little event and ask people if they can identity the references for the monsters :)

Serioulsy, thanks everyone for the support and good comments, we really appreciate, especially because it was a long and tough year working on the game.

But constructive criticism is more than welcomed too! There will be updates, and there's always place for a bit of improvement, and I'm sure that a few things went through the beta screening.

14. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    For OF users, they can be removed by checking out the developer announcements (or your personal ones if you have any). If you're not using OF but you still have the red circle, its a bug and we'll have to look into it.

About the achievements, you should pm the details.

15. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I actually had to sign into OF just to remove the notification. So it definitely appears even if you choose to not sign into OF at the start.

16. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    #56 XperimentalZ, Nov 30, 2011
    All right thanks for the heads-up, will work out a fix. Beside that, there's a report from someone not having their GC achievements unlocked if he is not connected to OF. Could someone confirm or infirm this? Thanks!

17. Mfox76

Mfox76 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Really enjoying the game so far, nice job!:) any chance for some cloud syncing across devices anytime soon?

18. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    We had no time to investigate it before but that would be nice since it is a universal app. We will add it to the wish list and check out how difficult it is to implement :D.

19. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Awesome job. I just played it for the first few rounds, and Im having a blast. This is one runner I'll keep coming back to. There are a few bugs, like the "2" notification that doesn't go away, and I don't even think I have an Openfeint account! The achievements also seem to be bugged, as I'm not unlocking any as I play. These are super minor quibbles however, and are not detracting from my enjoyment at all. Give my kudos to the team, you've really crafted something special here.

20. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Just wanted to confirm that I played through the beta without using any IAP, and I am not a hardcore gamer at all, so unless they massively changed the amount things cost after the beta the IAP is completely optional indeed.