Universal Don't Run With A Plasma Sword [Universal] (v1.1.1 - iCade, Joypad support)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Toad In The Hole, Nov 29, 2011.

1. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Wish you could move the positions of the buttons to wherever you want.

2. XperimentalZ

XperimentalZ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    XperimentalZ Games Founder
    Montreal, Canada
    #82 XperimentalZ, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
    Yeah we heard this a few times now, so it is on our wish list for the next update :). So far it looks like this:

-Fix the Achievements bug for non OF users
    -Fix the Red circle bug for non OF users
    -Touch up the main menu music
    -Add a buttons customization menu
    -Remove the reference to Psycho
    -Support iCade (if possible)
    -Support Cloud cross game progression (if we can push fast enough)

I'm not sure if I forgot something, but we might add up things if other issues arise

3. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    as I previously said, I've bought this one when appearing in my appstore.
    Yep, it's a great mix between platform and endless genre...I hate endless games, but I love platform games.
    Result: I love this game...it's totally well-done, fun and challenging.
    True, I will never try the endless mode, but I'm enjoying the story so much that I will play it again as soon as I finish it

4. Hammer Labs

Hammer Labs Active Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I didn't take it offensive at all. I thought it was done in humor...just another thing you shouldn't use a plasma sword for... ;)

5. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I agree with this. Even though they don't seem to be that close, I do sometimes find myself pressing the slide button instead of the jump or vice-versa.

One other little nit-pick, but it may be more of a design thing to add challenge. But most of my what I would call "cheap" deaths have come when I'm jumping and there's an enemy below so I immediately hit my sword button to get him before I take damage. If I'm still in the air, of course, this results in a dash attack. And since I move forward during the dash, it sometimes leaves me above a gap and I fall to my death because even with the double jump ability, you can't jump again. Not sure if this is on purpose for challenge or if there is a bug that prevents you from doing a second jump after the dash.

Other than that it's a great game and this is coming from someone who was getting kind of burnt out on runners (and thought Jetpack was a bit overrated).

6. littlezoe

littlezoe Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Lucid Dreamer
    In your dreams
    Congrats on the release for the devs :)

I wonder if the beta testers will get promo-codes... but maybe i'm late or something as i wasn't here on the forums for a while :)

7. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    I already bought it :p

8. madam_octa

madam_octa Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Just needed to come here and say 'Well done' to the developers, you guys did an amazing job, especially with the slide controls. Of all the great releases this week, this game will definitely stay on my device the longest :)

9. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    I really wish it would have been possible, most codes were used for medias...
    We have like 4 codes left but we're still receiving review offers...

We tried to find a way to gift the app, but it did not quite work, because we're not based in USA and anyway that only works when the player is also based in USA.

Buuuuuuut, after the update, we'll send promos to all beta testers who have not bought the game yet :D Thanks again for all your help, you guys are awesome!

10. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Awesome game! No complaints, except that I wish it wasn't a 'runner.' I was weened on the SNES and I like to go left if I so choose.

:)

11. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    #91 XperimentalZ, Dec 1, 2011
    Thanks!! I'm glad to see that you finally tried out the game :D

I'm not sure if you stumbled on a bug, but the dash is not supposed to cancel the double jump. Otherwise, here's a couple of tips:

- If you want to break a dash, just hit the slide, you'll dive if you have it unlocked, or you'll just start to fall if you have not.

- It is useful to keep a double jump or a dash in reserve to counter some cases of 'blind' falls.

12. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    The game's well worth the dollar anyway.

13. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    The extra jump before you die that costs tons of xp is useless! It made me waste all my xp! Please make that last jump a bit higher!

14. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    You're talking about the permanent upgrade which allows you to bounce back from the chasm once per game. Yeah the bounce might be tricky at times.

If you found a bug, please pm the the details. If it is a general impression that it could work better, we'll look into it.

15. littlezoe

littlezoe Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Lucid Dreamer
    In your dreams
    Ah i see, it's understandable :)

I would've already bought the game as it definitely worth it's price, but i don't have a credit card with money on it at the moment :) So i guess i'll have to wait and play the beta version until then ^^

16. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    No bug, just personal feeling it is underpowered

17. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    All right thanks for the feedback. We'll try to tweak the bounce-back height. If other comments are raised about that let us know :).

18. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    It takes a bit getting used to in my opinion. I was disappointed as well as first, especially since I saved so long for it. It still doesn't work every single time for me, but now that I know that it's okay, it's still a game, a bit of randomness is not a bad thing. It does work most of the time though, if I pay attention.
    Did you also upgrade the skill upgrades to the max? Because you probably do sometimes need longer jumps and maybe glides to get to a platform again.

19. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    #99 XperimentalZ, Dec 1, 2011
    If the game does well, it might justify making a full fledged platformer as a sequel :D. It could be nice to combine platforming and physics puzzler elements

20. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    That sounds good! As much as I like this game, I'd rather see what you could do with a platformer (and please, as much as I like the short-level, very difficult LoE-style platformers, we need more long-form platfomers!).