Doodle Army

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by iPhoneGlobs, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iPhoneGlobs

iPhoneGlobs Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Software Developer
    YES! It was submitted on Friday. Current wait time is two weeks.

2. Vinny554

Vinny554 Well-Known Member

YES! :D and with Apple's current flying speed of approving apps lately we should see it soon!

And for the haters about to ruin this comment.....Kim Rhode's Outdoor Shooting (iShoot devs FPS) was approved in 20 hours after submission :) yeah, what now?!

3. iPhoneGlobs

Mar 14, 2009
    Software Developer
    I don't think I will recieve similar treatment. Especially since I had to reject my submission a few times before my final. That really upsets the apple reviewers, I think, but I would rather it not be released with any known bugs. My last game Bastion took a month to be approved. So I have learned to be patient but found that sending an email to the apple reviewers after three weeks is probably a good idea just to make sure it's still being actively reviewed.

4. Vinny554

Eh oh well. As long as its out before Feb im good

5. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    I remember bastion. It was great! (I never could beat easy..)
    This game looks even better though. Like seriously. It just looks so intense and deep.

6. iPhoneGlobs

Mar 14, 2009
    Software Developer
    Now that I can take a week off from working on Doodle Army I will be updating Bastion so that you earn more gold on easy and normal mode.

7. Vinny554

Ok idk wat crack I was on when I said this...im the most impatient bastard there is...lol Apple hurry!!

8. iPhoneGlobs

Mar 14, 2009
    Software Developer
    #28 iPhoneGlobs, Jan 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
    Zombies and Aliens are also on the way but I would also like to get some requests from users on which types of enemies they would like to face. As well as what types of playable characters/weapons to add to the game.

9. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

terminator style robots will be nice:p

10. Vinny554

A zombie mission. Not only be insanely fun, but attract alot of people :D

11. Nascor

Nascor Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    looks good

12. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Will the different characters you can play as have some unique statistics, even if subtle? I like my skins to have substance like they recently implemented in Zombieville where the character you choose has an affect to gameplay.

13. one f jef

one f jef Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    I love how people are complimenting the graphics on a stick figure game with doodle in the title. Hilarious.

14. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    #34 ultimo, Jan 11, 2010
    It indeed is a Buncha toothpix crossd with MW2 :cool:

EDIT : I am Buying it (provided either of the controls have major touch controls)

15. Chronical

Chronical Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    St. Gallen, Switzerland
    Sweet gameplay. Would've loved it even more if it had the graphics of metal slug.

16. iPhoneGlobs

Mar 14, 2009
    Software Developer
    #36 iPhoneGlobs, Jan 11, 2010
    I've made plenty of non stick figure games but it seems that the majority likes stick figure games. Don't know why. However I believe the characters in DA are more detailed then the average stick figure. If you can think of a better title I would love to hear it but honestly I needed to have one that would be unambiguoius to users otherwise most people would pass right over it as they do my other games. It's perfectly fine if you don't appreciate what the game has to offer. I have some limitaions being a sole developer but always strive to make my apps as professional as I can. I also take all users comments an suggestions into consideration.

P.S. Metal Slug is one of my favorites!!!!

17. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Really cool trailer - that is the perfect music :)
    And just to add to the conversation that I did not read the beginning of, when I see the title including Doodle - I know its worth a look (99% of the time).

18. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Dude forget him. He rates games one star because they are tower defenses/stick figures/ block games because he thinks he is cool.

19. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    U did that all alone! :eek:

Tht is Epic!
    I am SURELY floord by wht U hav alone made, cannot demand for Swipe controls :eek: but if U can add it, I am sure it will make the game awesome!

About the Name, why don't U ASK us more loudly than just say tht U are open for suggestions!?

U surely can change the name in the NEXT update, Right?

20. TonyBadGuy

TonyBadGuy Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    epic! i'm getting this for sure :D