Doodle Bomb : Puzzles, Ragdolls, Explosions and More!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by matt.johnson.mobile, Oct 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Should all Doodle Bomb missions (levels) be unlocked to play from the start?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    34.1%
  2. No

29 vote(s)
    65.9%
  1. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    wow there was definetly a big improvement from the first video to the second...i cant wait until i can try this out because it looks similar to ragdoll blaster and i loved that game

2. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    Wow, that's awesome.

3. matt.johnson.mobile

matt.johnson.mobile Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Game Developer
    Murphy, TX
    @all ... thanks :)

I have now posted new screenshots to top of thread.

MJ

4. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Very cool.

Like Ragdoll Blaster, only with explosions! :D

5. matt.johnson.mobile

Jun 6, 2009
    Game Developer
    Murphy, TX
    Here is some info on scoring for the game:

Each mission will have a "Goal" as you can see in the video/screenshots (pay no attention to the values that are in there now). We will be setting the goal value to the minimum number of shots it should theoretically take to defeat enemies, start machines, place bombs, etc. to get the door to the next level unlocked.

Depending on the difficulty of the mission... there will be different scoring tables. You basically have 10 throws over "Goal" to try and obtain points. With each throw over Goal your point value for that mission decreases. Score the Goal and you get full points for that mission! You can still advance to the next round without scoring points, but this scoring system should deter from spamming to hit the triggers.

There will be a "Campaign" mode where you will play straight through the levels. Campaign mode will keep track of a cumulative score. Once you unlock a level in Campaign mode it will be available for free play from the main menu to improve your best throw record.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on scoring.

MJ

6. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    Every nice. I like it alot. Maybe add fastest time for more points and add a leaderboard like openfeint with leaderboards (will not really work if you don't add time for more points) and achievements.

7. matt.johnson.mobile

Jun 6, 2009
    Game Developer
    Murphy, TX
    Glad you like it :).

8. Mohammedrules

Mohammedrules Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2009
    send me promo please

Doodle Bomb is a fun and creative game with humor and interesting characters. The controls are pretty impressive too. Ive been playing this app for a while now and really have no complaints.

9. matt.johnson.mobile

Jun 6, 2009
    Game Developer
    Murphy, TX
    Um... well... Doodle Bomb is not a released game yet ;). The point of the promo code give away for Prairie Chute was to gain more feedback on the video/screenshots for the upcoming game so we can work to make a game that suits the community.

Matt

10. squishywarrior

squishywarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Utah
    hey this game looks pretty sweet! i would try it if i possible can! this games are so much fun!

11. Frog

Frog Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Lol. If I was a developer I wouldn't give him a promo code...:eek:

12. bryanmitchell

bryanmitchell Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Hey Matt,

Remember me? Congrats on the new game. It looks really cool. I look forward to playing it.

13. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

This game really looks worth buying! Can't wait for its release!

14. matt.johnson.mobile

Jun 6, 2009
    Game Developer
    Murphy, TX
    Hey Bryan... thanks for the feedback :). Congrats on your new partnership as well, can't wait to see what you guys produce.

15. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

wow.
    this game looks so awesome!
    i didn't like prairie jump that much but this looks awesome

16. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Hehe :p...

Looking even better now with the updated video/screenies :)!

17. Claridosa

Claridosa Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2009
    looks great! I hope the controls are user friendly. That is the main problem I have with game. However, being a puzzle fan, I can't complain about a new addition.

18. matt.johnson.mobile

Jun 6, 2009
    Game Developer
    Murphy, TX
    @all... thanks for the positive comments!

@Claridosa... The controls for this game are very basic, the hero will throw the bomb wherever you tap on the screen (except the pause button :)). How hard he throws it depends on how far the tap is from his hideout hole.

Everything else is puzzle solving, timing and getting the right force/angle.

MJ

19. matt.johnson.mobile

Jun 6, 2009
    Game Developer
    Murphy, TX
    Hey guys,

Couple of updates...

#1... we have been working hard on the menus and mission selector the latter part of this week, also have several more levels that are currently being produced :).

#2... we are tossing around a new effect for the bombs that I wanted to get everyone's opinion on. I have posted a new video to the top of the thread that shows a fuse particle effect with a little trail on it. I wanted to know if everyone likes that new effect for the fuse or the starburst look in the "Sneak Peek" video. If neither... what would you suggest?

First 20 people to post their feedback to the thread and PM me get a free code for Prairie Chute!

Thanks in advance for your input!

20. DGH94

DGH94 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Next to the Maiden
    I like the particle effect, it reminds me of a comet;s tale, and really shows off the physics engine. ;)