Dou you instabuy premium games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by forsakenxe, Jun 28, 2016.

1. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    For someone with very little money and even less time, I wouldn't 'instabuy' anything I wasn't sure I would like or looks interesting from numerous videos and screenshots.

To people concerned about the future of premium games vs free to play - my take on it is the line between them will become blurred over time, and neither are mutually exclusive. Certainly buying any game that is premium will have no impact on the future of full priced complete releases; it's out of our hands how the industry decides to develop, and you're simply wasting your money by doing so, especially if you don't end up playing them (and trust me, I have so many games I have bought but never played on many different platforms). A better mindset to have is that regardless of the price, be that free or $10, you're happy to buy it if it fulfils a certain personal criteria on what you're likely to play and enjoy.

I still have Uncharted 2 for PS3 unopened from about 7 years ago I really need to get around to playing :/

2. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    Yep I instabuy premium games that are in my radar. Freemium on the other hand I barely touch

3. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    I thought I wasn't an instabuy guy then "they" launched NEO TURF MASTERS and Crypt of the NecroDancer Pocket Edition... :D

4. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    "Ok class, it's time to exercise what we've been learning today. Everybody, look at the games discussion threads, and show me that self control."

Boom! Crypt of the necro dancer instabought!!

5. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    #25 JohnnyClash, Jul 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    been there, done that.

6. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    #26 atchoo, Jul 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    English isn't my first language so I could be wrong, but I think he was just joking... Maybe in a surreal way, but joking.

From
    To

By the way I don't like to instabuy games because:
    - backlog
    I'd like to play games I own *before* instabuy a game and another game and another game and...
    - bugs
    I like to support indie devs, but I don't like testing a game when it's out on store. They could do it before...

7. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    #27 JohnnyClash, Jul 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    Well, I was joking (dry humor) to begin with too.. but he seems to take things very serious and gets defensive easily.. But, may just be the power of the internet and maybe I misread his 'sense of humor' ?? either way.. It's all good in my book.. It takes all kinds to create a discussion..

8. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    No it isn't.

F2P exists because there are people who spend loads of money on F2P games. I doubt these are the same people who will wait for a sale on a premium game.

9. ShelvsHotPencil

ShelvsHotPencil Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Some times I do

10. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    #30 Dankrio, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    I'd love to, but I have a huuuuge backlog. Mobile has provided me much more games than I can handle.

However, I instabuy anything from Rockcat, Simogo, Inkle and Telltale in a heartbeat.

11. james.miller

james.miller Active Member

Jul 5, 2016
    Dropout!
    Ohio
    i prefer the indie premium guys - like Vlambeer, Terry Cavanagh or Ash Volmer types. Less into AAA premium games, loads of unnecessary game-changing (literally) monetization