Universal Down In The Deep (roguelike / RPG)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jun 10, 2014.

1. sirbond

sirbond Member

May 14, 2014
    I got nothing to say other then u bought me I love games like this and random ally generation dungeons oh please #

2. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    couldnt agree more. get rid of that chinsy junk. we're not that stupid to buy a game bc of something so shameless.

3. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
  4. lainsxp

lainsxp Well-Known Member

May 26, 2014
    is there any gameplay video?

5. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    My first dungeon, lvl 28 and cant find a way out or to next level -.- Also found some mobs I cant kill as mage. Intended?

6. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Woah, calm down. The dev already stated that only the Appstore icon says "sale", but not the device icon.

7. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Kind of addictive...

However, I'd urge the Developer to fix the typo in the screen where you increase your stats... it's 'Intelligence', not 'Itelligence"... ironic, really ;-)

8. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Cool. Thanks for the reply!

9. auver

auver Active Member

Mar 18, 2013
    #29 auver, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    When can I get some equipable items or is there a way to loot these items?
    In my first dungeon, I get through level 9. Enemies are getting stronger, but I still have only one sword (43+3 dmg).
    Furthermore, shop items are too expensive to buy. :(

10. Yossarian

Yossarian Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Developer
    UK
    Are you on the last dungeon level? This will be shown on the top left of the screen (next to the stairs icon) as the level number displayed will be "Last".

Each dungeon level (except the last dungeon level) will have a enter to next level entrance and return to previous level exit using stairs going up and down art images.

Open the mini-map and it will show you the entrance and exit (as long as you have been close enough to them) and the text will also be displayed - "Enter level n" and "Exit to level n",

You can also use the quick dungeon movement icons on the right of the screen to change dungeon levels or return to the surface (as long as the player is not near any enemies) :

return_surface.png - Return to the surface.

previous_level.png - Return up to the previous dungeon level.

next_level.png - Go down to the next dungeon level.

Regarding the mobs that cannot be killed. Are you in a night dungeon? I do not want to say to much as I do not want to ruin the game-play surprises for people here :)

If you really want to know you can private message me and I can explain the above.

11. Yossarian

Mar 21, 2012
    Developer
    UK
    Oops! Thanks for bringing that up :)
    This is now fixed in the next update.

12. Yossarian

Mar 21, 2012
    Developer
    UK
    You will now start to see silver chests on the levels. These chests will contain lots of lovely loot :) Further down the dungeon levels you will also see gold chests which can have additional items like spells.

I wanted the player to battle through a few levels before they discovered chests so the game gives more of a challenge as then the rewards have been worth the effort of going through the starting dungeon levels.

You can always return to a dungeon level trader when you have enough gold. All the dungeons are persistent so everything will be in place as it was. This includes dropping items / loot on dungeon floors as well.

If you increase you Charisma character attribute during level-up you will get better buying / selling percentages with the dungeon trader characters.

13. auver

auver Active Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Many thanks! As you mentioned, I found lots of chests from the deeper level :)

14. Yossarian

Mar 21, 2012
    Developer
    UK
    No problem :)

The dungeon levels start of small and get larger (and more dangerous) with new dungeon elements (like trap, shrine and chest chambers etc..) added the further down you venture.

I did not want massive levels as soon as the player enters a dungeon as I wanted players to be eased in and introduced to the dungeon levels gradually the further down they venture.

15. Dunan

Dunan Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Australia
    I found a bug while playing, if you're fighting with a wall directly behind you, you can eventually be pushed outside to the other side of the wall forcing you to leave the floor or dungeon and enter in again and start from the beginning.

Just some feedback as well, maybe I'm hopeless as well but some rooms with traps are absolutely lethal, especially rooms that are dead ends. It's almost impossible to avoid the traps on the go when it covers the entire room often doing much more damage than going through several rooms of monsters, especially if the room is large.

16. Yossarian

Mar 21, 2012
    Developer
    UK
    #36 Yossarian, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    Thanks for the feedback. I will look into the being pushed off the level bug. Does this happen a lot? It should have a very rare occurrence.

Regarding the trap chambers, can you find a different route around the trap chamber? You should be able to. If not, then make sure you have some health potions and you move fast. I want to keep the game challenging :)

17. Dymonic

Dymonic Active Member

May 8, 2014
    So I really want to try this game, but I would like to see some video gameplay if you have it if you don't mind.

18. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Picked it up, but I haven't had much chance to play it yet.

One question - is anyone else encountering empty floors for the first two levels? I mean, no enemies, nothing. Just stairs. If that's supposed to be a movement tutorial or something, I'd say leave it out...

19. Dunan

Dunan Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Australia
    Yeah, I guess I'll find another way around the traps though deadended rooms are more of a problem since I run across the entire room and find out I have to go back to the other side again but it was just feedback and nothing more.

I guess it happens when you fight with your back to a wall and as you hit and get hit you get pushed back slightly and in a protracted fight you inch back enough that you can put through the wall and outside a room if you begin the fight near a wall.

20. Yossarian

Mar 21, 2012
    Developer
    UK
    Yeah, the dungeons are set-up like that so the player can get used to moving around a dungeon level and see how the level exit / entrance works.

The first 2 levels are very small so the player will have no problem getting through them quickly.

Did you not like it? :)