Universal Dragon Fantasy - (by The Muteki Corporation)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Adam @ Muteki Corp

Adam @ Muteki Corp Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Just wanted to let everyone know we've just submitted Dragon Fantasy Chapter 3 for iOS, Mac and PC! I'll post more details when the builds go live!

I'm really, really excited to have the game on more platforms! We showed the Mac version at Minecon and people went nuts for it - didn't hurt that we had a Minecraft chapter added just for the show ;) But more on that later...

2. Adam @ Muteki Corp

Jul 1, 2009
    Tomorrow, Thursday December 1st, Dragon Fantasy Chapter 3 - Operation Desert Plunder will be going live in the iOS App Store! It's going to be awesome - so very many updates, plus of course an entire new chapter! And then in a few weeks we'll have Chapter M coming out for everyone who couldn't make it to Minecon!

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Looking forward to the update; I'm still following you guys on Twitter.

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Thanks for the awesome update! Live now.

5. Puce Moose

Puce Moose Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Game Impressions

I picked this up when it was on sale for 99 cents recently and it's really scratching that old school RPG itch for me. For some reason, as well done as Ash was, it just didn't quite capture the feel I was looking for; it may be that it was as simple as being able to click on a *menu* option instead of an enemy graphic to attack, which really brought me back to the beloved Dragon Warrior/Phantasy Star games I played growing up.

I've not played that far into the game, but I'd like to add a suggestion (and it may already be in the game). How about a possibility for non-hostile random encounters? Wandering merchants, lost travelers, perhaps an observation from our stoic hero on a landscape feature/complaint about a sore back/thirst/hunger, etc., or just finding something (herb, antidote, etc.) and being able to pick it up.

Keep up the great work and thanks for helping to rekindle that great nostalgic turn-based RPG vibe from my youth.

6. Adam @ Muteki Corp

Jul 1, 2009
    That's a great idea, and I'm glad to hear someone is interested in that. My favorite part of Dragon Warrior IV was Taloon's chapter, where you got to play as a merchant and the goal was to save up enough money to build a bridge. I loved that you would occasionally run into merchants instead of monsters, and I would love to do something like that. Chapter 3 of DF is sort of loosely based around the same idea, but focused on stealing instead of merchandising... but one of these days maybe I'll do something even closer. I'm thinking it would involve running a black market though :)

7. Faucett

Faucett Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Awesome update, as always - thanks!!

8. Bryan @ Muteki Corp

Bryan @ Muteki Corp Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2009
    President, The Muteki Corporation
    Glad to hear you're all enjoying the latest chapter!
    We're hoping with the addition of the virtual d-pad the biggest complaint people have had is finally resolved.

AND, we're already hard at work on the next update!

9. Eloader

Eloader Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Loving it so far but come across a bit of a bug.....

I'm in the thieves underground city in the maze. The game keeps crashing everytime I try and use the rope from the tardis area.

Other than that, i'm having a blast.

10. Eloader

Eloader Member

Aug 25, 2011
    I'm trying to get hold of a passport after doing the thieves fetch quests. I found a corrupt guard and he mentions a 10k fee but I can't get him to sell it to me. I think I've done everything up to this point. Any ideas?

11. Qurao

Qurao Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Denmark
    One thing that bugs me about the game is that there is, as far as I can tell, no way to mute the SFX and music. When I play this type of game I like to listen to podcasts in the background, and not being able to pretty muich means that I won't be inclined to play it.

Any way you could add these options in an update?

12. Adam @ Muteki Corp

Jul 1, 2009
    Hey guys, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner - I was on a much needed vacation (my first in two years!)

So, we're preparing an update for DF to fix the tardis bug, and also to fix the support for external music while playing. We're also fixing a ton of bugs in the unfortunately very buggy PC release - the update will be much less crappy! I don't know what the ETA is just yet, but it should be soon. Also, the next chapter is getting close to completion, and we may roll the two updates into one depending on the timing.

13. Adam @ Muteki Corp

Jul 1, 2009
    I think he asks for 20k, doesn't he? You need to have sold all three treasures to be able to afford it (or killed a TON of monsters). Let me know if you're still stuck here and I'll take a closer look.

14. Adam @ Muteki Corp

Jul 1, 2009
    Dragon Fantasy 1.3 is now live for iOS! This update includes our latest chapter, Intermission M, which is our special love-letter to our friends at Mojang who developed Minecraft and invited us to present Dragon Fantasy at Minecon last year. We originally built this chapter as a very very short demo to show at Minecon exclusively, but we had such positive feedback that we decided to add to it and release it publicly. We even included the two top suggestions from the show - the ability to mine and craft items, and the ability to catch monsters to join your team.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I am impressed by the faithful episodic updates to Dragon Fantasy. I can't think of any other game/developer that offers this much content (for free too). This Minecraft episode is a strange cross over. It makes me wonder what they will think of next. Thanks Muteki.

16. Joshnsuch

Joshnsuch Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Louisville
    After seeing the love this game has gotten since it's release, I feel like giving the dev my money even though I know I won't have the time to play the game.

Damn, first world problems.

17. KangaRod

KangaRod Member

May 4, 2010
    Auto Parts
    Winnipeg
    this is one of the games I consistently come back to. You should be ashamed if you cannot afford $3 for a piece of software. Thats not a first world problem, thats a famine stricken war torn country problem.

Not having $3 to spare is the farthest thing from a first world problem

18. Eloader

Eloader Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Just a quick question on the update....
    How do you get rid of captured monsters? I've tried killing them off and that doesn't work.
    Cheers for the help before, was just not paying full attention.

19. Adam @ Muteki Corp

Jul 1, 2009
    To get rid of captured monsters, visit Freyaheart ("The Player") back in MineTown in the house with all the beds where Ogden and Anders are sleeping. She'll let you add and remove party members. You could even drop off Ramona if you wanted (although she's better than most of the monsters what with her fancy killing skills and all that!)

20. Eloader

Eloader Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Thanks for that. Its been driving me mad having under powered monsters.

Just another quick question, is there anyway to remove weapons from monsters you want to bench? One of them has a diamond sword I want to give to another monster.