Universal Dragon Finga (by Another Place Productions Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Sep 19, 2013.

1. yaboyrasp

yaboyrasp Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2013
    So any idea how the multiplayer will work?

2. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    #23 kioshi, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
    A ton of grinding it seems. I was able to ge the girl fighter (thrid one) for 40 gems after half an hour, but besides the level unlocks and other fighters progressively more expensive, gem-giving missions get harder to achieve so I've not been getting so many gems (the premium currency) as often as I was at first, despite being better now at the game.

3. Willbie

Willbie Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Decided to give this a game a try- totally worth it. It's pretty fun, and the controls are easy and fun to execute. Easily a new favorite of mine.

4. This game makes me laugh.

5. Andybars234

Andybars234 New Member

Sep 12, 2013
    #26 Andybars234, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
    Just my opinions!

This game has so much to it so much challenges goals characters and upgrades! Its a nonstop game for me i wont let go of it. Im soo exited for the multiplayer i cant stop thinking and wondering of it! I love the way they added ragdoll physics! The fact that this game is free, in my opinion this game is a masterpiece

10/10#

6. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
  7. REkzkaRZ

REkzkaRZ Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    TV Production / AV Engineer
    SF Bay Area
    This game is excellent. Needs a high-praise review on TA.
    Someone said its 'grinding', but I don't see it like that ... yet. Every time I've played, I've battled new creatures, done new moves, practiced new strikes & flips, and its still very fun.
    I'd say its a 4 1/2 star game, almost 5 stars.

I don't give it 5 stars mostly bc freemium dual currency looms & seems like a 'pay to win' wall up ahead -- BUT I haven't experienced any pressure to IAP or felt any need to IAP.
    Gold comes at a reasonably quick rate with missions & monster reveals, but Jewels seem to come slower.

I am playing on iPhone 4 & I do see a little lag on my attacks (more to the right than left -- kinda weird). I bet 5 & 5s are very fluid!

Now lets talk about the actual game -- rag-doll Kung Fu fighting w/a big variety of baddies, bosses, power moves, upgrades, and heroes.

Only missing 'equipment' -- but barely notice bc game is fast & upgrades are fun.

1 gripe -- upgrade to add auto-block to first dude, upgraded & then it says '15% chance to autoblock'. Wha?

Gripe 2 -- jumping effectiveness seems to vary too much. If I 'fling', jumps are smaller. If I 'pick up' and 'drag' to other side of screen, I get better jumps -- but I thought training said to fling?

I'm def a fan!!!!

(As for poster griping about limited space -- welcome to the club. Sorry, but its not relevant. Why clutter an app review with your full space griping?!? Personally I think those comments should be tagged as spam & removed.
    Your lack of available space woes has *zero* to do with this relatively small-sized, excellent game!)

8. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    So is it just me or are other people not seeing the game updating the local Ping's Palace score (although recording fine in GC)?

9. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Is this by the same devs that made Ragdoll Kung Fu for the PC/PS3? I hope so, because if not, this is a serious rip-off of their work.

10. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    I bought the coin doubler and I STILL get full page pop up ads very often!

Requesting refund for IAP.

11. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    That's good to know, been considering IAP's.
    This is a really cool game I encourage any and all interested to download this game. It's free and I think it's an awesome and very unique fighting game.

12. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    I agree. It's awesome.
    But the fact you can still have this many ads after spending $5 on a freaking coin doubler is inexcusable.
    (ftr - I got mine on sale for $1; it is usually $5)

13. cryochild

cryochild New Member

Aug 15, 2010
    I was just about to post this exact question. That game was great back in the day. Well devs, what say you?

14. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    This is bad...

15. kickypants

kickypants Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2016
    No sound now.