Netflix Dragon Up (by East Side Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by jimwagner, Dec 9, 2012.

1. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Its out in US

2. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    #82 bramblett05, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
    How do I get the 8 bit dragon?

Edit:crashes and erases data.

3. xbtran

xbtran Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2011
    You should be able to just buy it at the store.

I created a guild and didnt get the mission for joining a guild.

4. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    No the only way to get the dragon is to buy the 1.99 iap bundle.

5. xbtran

xbtran Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Yea that's what I meant haha.

6. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Was gonna get it this week but I'm not sure yet with the crashes and deleted data

7. Seil

Seil Growtopia Seed Master

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    I haven't had a crash or anything so far x.x

Haven't bought the 8-bit bundle yet since I haven't played long enough to decide whether I want to stick with it or not, though.

8. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Omg this game has crashed 10 times in 15 mins. Is it not for touch4 or something?

9. xbtran

xbtran Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2011
    #89 xbtran, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
    Hm that's strange. Sucks because I know you've been excited for it! I'm sure Jim will address it in the morning.

Yea putting a limited bundle during the release is a decision I question a little. I got it instantly but Ive been playing for a few months now. Normally I won't buy iap until I know for sure Ill play the game for a long time.

But the game is one of the better freemiums I've played. Very generous with gems! So I hope you guys stick around.

10. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    I unlocked a common dragon and got a common equipment and when I hit quest it just shoots up in the air I can't select the mission. Is that normal? Yea you already have the 8 bit but others gotta pay for it (actually pay no way around it) but I don't mind it but this crashing I can handle and it said for a limited time.

So I don't want to wait for a update fix then its gone.

11. xbtran

xbtran Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Oh no I actually paid for it as well. I just got it now when everyone else did as it just got released.

And I think its because you click the little quest icon, which automatically sends it off to the highest heart quest that it can do. They just added this feature to make it a little easy to get everyone on a quest. If you click the dragon you can choose the quest.

12. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012

I say on a update add a dragon egg store. I bet the 8 bit looks cool. I clicked the dragon and then quest then it flew. Guess it only has one quest unlocked for now.

13. jimwagner

jimwagner Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    @bramblett05

I'm so sorry about that, we don't support iPod touch 4th gen in this release... I should have noticed from your signature and given you a heads up! We do plan for supporting it in the future!

@xbtran

I had the same problem with the guild quest when I updated, but eventually it completed itself on startup... I think I may have closed the process and restarted?

14. xbtran

xbtran Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Yea the quest did fix itself, and it was after the app hard-resetted. So everythings fine again!

You guys definitely gotta change the pictures on the app store to show off the new UI. ;)

15. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    So how long till it gets supported?

16. jimwagner

Nov 15, 2011
    We're working on it! We've got a huge task to get all the Valhalla stuff in so that we can get back to getting new dragons in the game, but as soon as that's done we'll be looking at tutorial and expanding support! I would say 2-3 weeks til we start working on it... Not sure how long it will take until we get in there!

Sorry about that!

17. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Ok well more waiting....but waited this long what's another 2 or 3 months

18. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    I'm kind of screwed on the quest/mission front.

Pug Dragon pt 2 and Wizardly Duty are both completing at the same time for me because of the 5th wizard being all that's left.

Twice I've managed to complete it, both times the game has frozen and crashed after OK'ing the first quest and trying to do so for the second.

Then I go back in and neither quest is completed.

19. jimwagner

Nov 15, 2011
    Crap. We tested completing two quests at the same time I thought.... I sent the issue to a coder to check out and we should be able to fix it in an update.

Maybe try okaying one, then leaving the app and force closing the process.

Failing that, if you're not too far into the game you could reset your progress through the settings. Unfortunately that would cause you to lose your gem currency purchases, but you CAN restore the 8-bit dragon pack through your Apple account!

Thanks for letting us know!

20. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    The third time I managed to complete it, I accepted both, the freeze started but I force closed before it actually crashed. The quests seem to have registered this time, luckily.