Dragonvale: New Dragon combos (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jturtles, Oct 3, 2011.

?

Which three will be in the e-mail?

Poll closed Dec 23, 2011.
  1. Black

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. White

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Peace

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Neon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Metal

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  7. Speed

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  8. Gold/Silver

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Snow Flower

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Eco

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Jturtles

Jturtles Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Student
    Los Angeles
    YES!!!!! Finally another one of our dragon ideas are successful! Thanks for filling me in!

2. Jturtles

Sep 28, 2011
    Student
    Los Angeles
    ATTENTION ALL DRAGON CREATORS! Congrats to all of you! They have finally created the metal dragon, which was our idea. Hopefully this inspires us to create even more ideas that will be used. Congrats again and have fun creating dragons!

3. BladeX

BladeX Active Member

Feb 12, 2012
    u r welcome :)

4. tyger1686

tyger1686 Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Hi everybody, I've been reading this forum for a long time and I think all the ideas everyone has come up with are great. I have a few concepts that I'd like to contribute and I'd appreciate your input.

1. We could get a lot interesting hybrids if you could combine the sun/moon with the elements. For example: Sun+Water=Cloud, Moon+Water=Tidal, Sun+Fire=Flare, Moon+Fire=Meteor, and with by adding the new dragon Sun+Metal=Gold, Moon+Metal=Silver.

2. Water+Lightning=River; I thought this was funny because they both have "currents" LOL, get it?... I know it's corny...

If I have time I'll draw a few.

5. ManofAegis

ManofAegis Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    California, USA
    I don't know if someone else suggested this already but I was thinking that there should be an extra tier in between Metal and Sun/Moon, or in between Sun/Moon and Rainbow. I was thinking of Elemental Spirit Dragons. These would be godlike dragons of the original elemental dragons. There would be like Fire Spirit Dragon, Water Spirit Dragon, Earth Spirit Dragon, etc. They would appear as a larger appearance than that of their predecessors, with more ambiance, size, design, and epicness. In order to make these, I think the players would have to breed a basic spirit dragon first (maybe a combo of air with a rare dragon or something) and then proceed to breed it with the basic elemental dragons.

Also, I was thinking of a King Dragon, which could be a glorified golden dragon with an epic crown, maybe some purplish trim on some areas. It would also appear with a white beard to symbolize wisdom and authority.

Another is a Chaos Dragon. It would have three heads with red and black as the primary colors. They would appear godlike but very frightening in appearance. I feel like there are too many "happy" dragons, and adding a brutal-like dragon would be neat. Unfortunately, it might not be the best idea for the general player-base but might appeal to those who like that kind of style. For the combo, I'd think that Sun and Moon would be the combo to make this dragon (since they are opposites and combining them would be chaotic to the natural order of things).

Lastly, a hybrid-style Dragon of Gryphon and Dragon. Have the body of a dragon and the wings of a gryphon. That would be interesting to see.

I'll try to come up with some designs when I can find the time.

6. Jturtles

Sep 28, 2011
    Student
    Los Angeles
    They sound great! Hopefully we'll see some drawings of them! Thanks for the input, and keep posting if you want!

7. Jturtles

Sep 28, 2011
    Student
    Los Angeles
    A lot of great ideas! I do have a couple of comments if you don't mind: Having a mix of gryphon in the game would kill the whole DragonVale thing. Also, I like the King Dragon idea, but there is already a golden dragon and having another one would be a bad idea. I love the spirit ideas though!
    Great thinking and thanks for the ideas! Hope to see some drawings!
    Keep posting and have fun!

8. DsHowe24

DsHowe24 Active Member

Dec 13, 2011
    First off, I'm so happy they added in our idea of the metal dragon. I think they turned out really cool looking. I think they need to expand on the types of metals they make dragons out of. They have brass, iron, and chrome, but i think it would be cool if there was like a Gold and Silver. I know there is the Leap Year Dragon, which is already gold, but they could make the new dragon a more yellow gold so there is some distinctness between the two. I also think it would be cool if there was a diamond dragon. like another earth dragon hybrid out of that.

9. tyger1686

tyger1686 Member

Mar 24, 2012
    River dragon concept

Here's my idea of the Lightning/Water hybrid. I wanted to go for a look similar to the Hippocampus(river horse) from Greek myth. I'll color it later if its well received.

Attached Files:

10. krazykid137

krazykid137 Member

Mar 27, 2012
    #290 krazykid137, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
    heyy
    I'm new to this thread but am reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally addicted to Dragonvale
    i cant believe you guys like invented the metal dragon:D
    there are some really good ideas here but some dont make sense like all the outer space worm hole stuff gets kinda confusing
    i liked it when u organised it into one big chart with like sun breeding and moon breeding
    just again really good ideas look forward to seeing new dragons:cool:
    also nice hippocampus BIG GREEK MYTHOLOGY FAN!!!

11. Jturtles

Sep 28, 2011
    Student
    Los Angeles
    Welcome to the thread! As always, you're welcome to share all of your ideas and thanks for the great comments!

12. BladeX

BladeX Active Member

Feb 12, 2012
    is that me or is that AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. BladeX

BladeX Active Member

Feb 12, 2012
    Rivaa

this a amfibious creature with voltage on it.

Attached Files:

14. tyger1686

tyger1686 Member

Mar 24, 2012
    I really like the look. Like an electrical version of a fire salamander. You should give it webbed feet and is that a lightbulb on the end of its tail? I'm really liking your idea.

15. krazykid137

krazykid137 Member

Mar 27, 2012
    #295 krazykid137, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
    Urban dragon

Ok so this is my first idea so dont be too harsh:eek:
    A new breed of dragons after metal
    URBAN!!!!!!
    It would be like modern and it's habitat would be like a cityscape
    Urban+fire=lamp post (lookin like the lamp post in the game)
    Urban+plant=park (might not work because it could get confused with plant and tree maybe have a swing set)
    Urban+rock=road (be black with a yellow dotted line on it)
    Urban+lightning=power lines (it wings would be connected by wires and it's body be the pole)
    Urban+cold=air conditioning (like the crystal and lava dragons id be fat and look like he AC unit on the PECO commercials for any of you east coasters)
    Urban+air=airplane (basically like an airplane)
    Urban+metal=car (like a transformer all of the car parts would like bend and spin to form the dragon, wouldn't actually move like that but just to get the point across)
    Urban+water=plumbing/sewage (there is no dirty ugly dragon so this would be cool)

Hope you guys like this ill try to draw some and get them up here if I can figure that out

Peace!

16. krazykid137

krazykid137 Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Urban dragon pic

Hey did you guys like my urban dragon idea
    Please comment good/bad just give me some feedback
    Working on a urban dragon drawing and will get it up probably tomorrow morning
    Hope you guys like it!!!!

17. aalba2

aalba2 Member

Mar 27, 2012
    at the moment my occupation is internet builder re
    i live in china
    #297 aalba2, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
    mak another

thats a good idea

18. krazykid137

krazykid137 Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Dragon pic

Heres a pic of the urban dragon
    If you cant see it or the image came out blurry ill paint a mental picture for you
    I basically took the quake dragon and drew it without all the spikes and horns and took the rock off its tail and put its tail more up
    Then i put all the things you think about in a city on it
    Street sign on the tail
    Graffiti on the wings
    Grey skin for cement
    Bricks showing under the skin like it cracked
    And on top of its head is a skyscraper

REALLY HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE THIS PLEASE COMMENT!!!!

Attached Files:

19. aalba2

aalba2 Member

Mar 27, 2012
    at the moment my occupation is internet builder re
    i live in china
    i cant see it clearly

20. krazykid137

krazykid137 Member

Mar 27, 2012
    If you click on it the image gets bigger and then if you click on it again it takes up the whole screen
    That should help