Dragonvale: New Dragon combos (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jturtles, Oct 3, 2011.

?

Which three will be in the e-mail?

Poll closed Dec 23, 2011.
  1. Black

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. White

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Peace

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Neon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Metal

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  7. Speed

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  8. Gold/Silver

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Snow Flower

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Eco

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. biguana

biguana Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Cleveland ohio
    Umm

What dragon takes 12 hours to incubate

2. glory87

glory87 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Cold, blue fire...

3. DsHowe24

DsHowe24 Active Member

Dec 13, 2011
    hey i'm a recent dragonvale player and already love the game. i had no idea you guys came up with the idea of the sun and moon dragons!!! but anyway, i was thinking maybe like a machine dragon or something. like a new fire/earth. then like a hurricane dragon thats air/water or air/lightning. just thinking of new combos!!

4. Frazhe

Frazhe Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I really think there should be another dragon type to make it 8 instead of the awkward 7.

The opposites are:
    lightning/water
    earth/air
    fire/cold

then we have the weird repetition with
    cold again/plant

I think plant should have its own opposite type rather than cold since fire/ice goes really well as opposites thematically.

Maybe something like plant/metal or something to go with nature/machine theme? A metallic dragon would be pretty sweet.

Could maybe be a breed combo off of fire + earth to make metal just like fire + water = air.

5. DsHowe24

DsHowe24 Active Member

Dec 13, 2011
    there needs to be a water and lightning combo. since the Blue Fire is cold/fire and Sandstorm is earth/air which are both opposites. so maybe the hurricane could be a yellow version of the water dragon or a dark blue version of the lightning.

6. Jturtles

Jturtles Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Student
    Los Angeles
    Machine

I really like the metal/machine dragon idea! Way to think outside the box! But, if we want it to be the opposite of plant, it cant be a mix. I think that it should just be buy-able at a certain level. Then we could have new hybrids like metal and ______. I'm actually not so sure what type of hybrid there could be, but think of ideas and I'll e-mail Backflip Studios shortly! Keep up the awesome work! :)

7. Jturtles

Sep 28, 2011
    Student
    Los Angeles
    New dragon

A new dragon idea could be Speed Dragon. A mix of sonic and air.

A mix of moon and sun could be Peace Dragon.

8. DsHowe24

DsHowe24 Active Member

Dec 13, 2011
    i like the peace and speed dragon idea. like the speed could be really sleek looking. like maybe not have wings but look sleek and nimble like a velociraptor maybe a metal/cold hybrid could be a frost dragon since frost is on like cars and stuff. then like a lightning/metal could be a power dragon like a power plant. idk what they would look like but its a start!

p.s. while trying to get a blue fire dragon, i was using storm + fire and i got a 48 hr breedtime! i'm soo excited!

9. Dawnstar

Dawnstar Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Middle School
    Olympia, Washington, U.S.A
    Calling all DragonVale gamers!! Join the social group "DragonVale Team"! All are welcome!!

10. Jturtles

Sep 28, 2011
    Student
    Los Angeles
    Hey everyone! I would like to ask a question. I would like to know if anyone else besides me has actually draawn or tied to draw one of their creations before. Answer the question with this reply attatched please.

I invite everyone to actually raw their dragons because I usually e-mail backflip with a link the the thread, and then they get new dragons from our ideas. So if we draw a picture for them, they can get a better unerstanding of what we want the dragon to look like. Thanks everyone!

11. Jturtles

Sep 28, 2011
    Student
    Los Angeles
    i love all the briliant ideas! Fantastic! They're great! A question mark on the frost idea though. I'm not quite sure that metal and cold woud be good for that, but if we find another breeding mix for it, it would be good! Keep up the awesome ideas! (start drawing if you can/want.)

12. DsHowe24

DsHowe24 Active Member

Dec 13, 2011
    I've never tried to draw one of my ideas. i'm not the best artist. i'm more of just a creative thinker.

and yeah i guess your right about the frost dragon! but i thought some more and the frost dragon could be another water/air combo since Wikipedia says that frost is a "solid deposition of water vapor from saturated air."

and back to the metal idea, a fire/metal hybrid could be a melt dragon. since fire can melt metal, and the dragon would have a shiny, metallic look, but have the dripping look of Muk from pokemon. but have legs and a tail added on. i was also thinking that the opposites hybrid (sandstorm and blue fire) for the metal/plant could be the metal dragon with vines growing all over it. Then a water/metal hybrid could be an explosion dragon, since the alkali metals on the periodic table when added with water are generally explosive. (i did a little research) lol

13. Jturtles

Sep 28, 2011
    Student
    Los Angeles
    Well, I o think that it's a little obvious that you did a little research! (in a good way) You sure are thinking outside the box! :) I like all of the enthusiasm! You don't have to draw by the way. I myself am not the best artist. If you want, you can still try, but it's up to you!

14. Jturtles

Sep 28, 2011
    Student
    Los Angeles
    This is an announcement for everyone that has helped create such amazing ideas for this thread and the game!

I will be e-mailing Backflip Studios within the next two weeks guaranteed! So, everyone come up with the best ideas that you can and be creative. The more we have, the better! Have fun!

15. DsHowe24

DsHowe24 Active Member

Dec 13, 2011
    we need to figure out a complete hybrid set for the new metal dragon. the hybrids we need to figure out are: cold, earth, and air. i'm having a mental block on the metal/machine right now lol.

but some other dragons i was thinking of are a Gold and Silver dragon. and they would be like the rare special dragons. and they would have they're own habitat. then a mix of Gold and Silver could be a Diamond or Platinum
    Dragon. then a Grass Dragon thats a mixture of Earth and Plant. then an Ash dragon which could be a Lava/Plant or Fire/Plant hybrid and just have an all black dragon.

16. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    We certainly need a black mean looking dragon, but under what element?
    Dark element?

Also what about the idea of Tri-breds and Quad-breds?? Dragons with 3 or 4 elements, that could unlock over 100 combinations of possible dragons!

We need a 4th island bad!!!!

17. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    #77 Allanon, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
    Water / Lightning = EEL dragon, water liquid dragon with sparks coming out.

I like the idea of Yin Yang dragons!

Sand dragon!

Cloud dragon not so much, Fog is essentially that.

Planet dragons are definitely getting me horny, that would be epic to have each planet represented as a dragon

18. Dawnstar

Dec 18, 2011
    Middle School
    If we had 100 different dragons, we would need about 27 habitats.

19. Dawnstar

Dec 18, 2011
    Middle School
    #79 Dawnstar, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
    Cold: snow machine?
    Earth: tank?
    Air: helicopter?

Edit: Never mind, DsHowe24 has a better idea.

20. Dawnstar

Dec 18, 2011
    Middle School
    Storm and Fire is gonna be an awesome Sun dragon!! Get a sun habitat ready for your rocking new arrival!!!

Yes, I know it is a Sun dragon because I got my Sun dragon from that exact same combination!