Dragonvale RAINBOW DRAGON (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Lelo.dude, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Krkashing

Krkashing Member

Sep 22, 2011
    yup... i got 1 rainbow... add me... you can see... user:linkashing

2. Ksjayhawks

Ksjayhawks Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Help me

I try some of those combos but got the same dragon
    I need help
    What is the combo
    Add me on gamecenter bstoney144

3. Lelo.dude

Lelo.dude Active Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Of course they didnt make it that easy to get a rainbow dragon, theres no specific 2 dragons that can result with a rainbow. And i believe that you got to complete all achievements and goals beside the rainbow dragon achievs and goals. That means you will need to buy a 3rd island and get a trophy for all dragons in the colussum. Thats what i believe so dont take this seriously, i could be wrong. But i suggest you to breed over and over again, this way you might get it sooner.

4. Arielzhou

Arielzhou New Member

Jan 6, 2011
    Add me for gem trading

zhou monster

5. Thanatoel

Thanatoel New Member

Sep 28, 2011
    #45 Thanatoel, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
    I've been trying to breed with Firefly and Lava for about 20 times with no luck. I'll keep on trying :)

Add me too if you want some gems!
    My gc id: Thanatoel

PS: I have a lot of gc friends now, so i'll give gems on a rolling basis (only have 3 gems per day :/ )

6. GreyDawn

GreyDawn Active Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Still no luck for me, I've been completing other stuff too though,
    I don't think there's reason to believe all accomplishments must be achieved, why not other 'things that must be done' such as all element boost buildings then? Unless someone can prove such a must do.

P.S., don't rely on googling it's for now, all the info out there is garbage/nonspecific.

7. Lightryukl

Lightryukl New Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Add

I'm pretty new to this game have just finished breeding an air dragon and am abOut to start there hybrids I have a theory as to how to get the rainbow but I'll try it and see especially as people have been saying that its random I could be completely wrong,

Please add me I'll send gems everyday

Lightryukl

8. Doogal68

Doogal68 Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Do the dragons have to be a certain level ? Do u have to be on a certain level? Do u have to have completed certain tasks? Ta

9. Doogal68

Doogal68 Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Hi just finding it hard to breed to get rainbow dragon do they need to be level 10 ?
    Any suggestions of help plz?

10. Lelo.dude

Lelo.dude Active Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Theres a possible chance to get rainbow with firefly
    And lava but the chances are low, i recommend seaweed and firefly :)

11. Dr Zoidberg

Dr Zoidberg New Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Add me in GC to exchange gems. User name hunt_10

12. Lelo.dude

Lelo.dude Active Member

Sep 18, 2011
    I dont believe they need to be level 10. I know a guy that got the rainbow with 2 level 7s. But it still doesnt hurt to feed your dragons to the max :)

13. duckee

duckee New Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Uni Student
    Western Australia
    Just bred a Rainbow!!!

Finally got a rainbow egg!! I'm level 16, & I bred a firefly with a seaweed (both lvl 10). Other thing I've made sure I've done are complete all other goals and I already had a rainbow habitat. It's taken me nearly a week of constant breeding, so it does take a bit of persistence :p

14. Nataschakrikke

Nataschakrikke New Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Add me to exchange gems! Gc name: natasyj :)

15. Doogal68

Doogal68 Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Tried that didn't work for me I will have to keep trying thanx anyway
    :(

16. Icandyapple

Icandyapple New Member

Sep 29, 2011
    #56 Icandyapple, Sep 29, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
    Dragonvale - how to breed a rainbow dragon

The description of the rainbow dragon habitat references something that "does not exist." This is actually the key to breeding for this dragon. When you are breeding dragons, you will notice certain combinations are seemingly impossible, earth/air, cold/plant, etc. If you take two level 10, hybrid (a combo of two or more other types) dragons, that have a chance of mixing these incompatible traits your chances of breeding a rainbow dragon increase quite a bit. It took me a few tries, but my combination of mountain (cold/earth) and willow (plant/air) yielded a rainbow fairly quickly. Of course I still got mountain and willow and tree and snow along the way, but with 2 of the 6 possibilities seemingly "impossible" my chances of getting a rainbow were better than even most other level 10, 2nd generation combinations. I've heard that firefly and swamp/seaweed yield rainbow on occasion - they are indeed hybrids with lightning/water incompatibility. That combo, if it occurs in your egg, will yield the rainbow. Phew! Dragon genetics.

About half way down this page (the page of the link that follows), a chart shows *all* of the dragon combos - this is a major spoiler: http://app.downloadatoz.com/tutorial,27723,dragonvale-breeding-combinations-list-for-ipad.html

17. Floxeyate

Floxeyate New Member

Sep 29, 2011
    add me in dragonvale
    gamecenter username is Floxeyate.
    will send gems.

18. Roastytoastywarm

Roastytoastywarm New Member

Sep 29, 2011
    I just got a rainbow dragon. Level 16. Ive completed every other challange so far except 3rd island. I have every other dragon. I mated a firefly and swamp, lvl 10, as previosly stated. I got a rainbow on my third try.

Roastytoasty, add me

19. Myrtille

Myrtille New Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Friends For Dragonvale

Hi all. I'm on daily and would appreciate it if you would add me @ BleuetMyrtille through Games Center and send me gems, I need them so badly. I'll note it and be sure to send you too! Have fun and cheers XD

20. Philinator19

Philinator19 New Member

Sep 29, 2011
    firefly with seaweed or lava with seaweed???