Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Dawnstar

Dawnstar Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Middle School
    Olympia, Washington, U.S.A
    Nice!

2. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #2342 Foxtail2010, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
    Sweet!! And a big grats!! I need a recipe for a Sunny, think I'll try that next.

What else has been working for Sunnies? Anyone?

Don't remember if I posted this yet, but my 12 hr Cold x Blue Fire turned out to be another Cold. :( Hmm guess Colds can be bred, I didn't know that.

And grats, @Jornpod, that's really cool about your lucky Flower! :) I need one of those.

Wanna bet we'll be gettin a Shamrock Dragon next month? Maybe they'll be a lucky sort. Maybe it'll have red hair and a little hat. No that would be a bit much, wouldn't it? Say, I wonder if BFS will be adding fashion accessories to the market for the discerning dragon? :D ....Nah, probably not....

So I still need Frosty & Sun ... oh and that stupid Panlong! And Sandstorm! Aaak! (mini mini rant) Sigh. *deep breaths* Ok let's get back in there and breed something! Lol.

3. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    #2343 Alyjens, Feb 6, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
    Wtg!!!

Congrats, Rattler! :D:D:D

@Jornpod, I am so envious-I need a lucky dragon to get Frosty :( Congrats! :D

@Foxtail- sometimes mini rants can spark success. Hope it works for you!

4. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I am going to rant. I have gotten stupid crystal dragons and nothing else since yesterday. I have two in the nest and two in the breeding caves.Sometimes I hate this game everything is so random.I hate the 24 hour waiting times.I hope everyone else has had better luck than me this weekend.

5. Kaylyn7

Kaylyn7 Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Foxtail- I have been breeding lots of cold on accident lately! I bred a bluefire a while back but it didn't register on my goals so I'm randomly trying again with no luck! So frustrating! Good luck on you sun dragon. Remember the chase is half the fun :)

Rattler-way to go on the sun dragon!! I love the dragon you did for your son, it's amazing the way you can use technology!

My 48 hour ended up being my second sun. I'm ok with that but was really hoping for my rainbow. Oh well just keep trying :)

Good luck to everyone still trying for something (aren't we all?)
    Kaylyn

GC ID: kaylynbuckner

6. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    The Valentine dragon must be the best looking in the whole game. Its as if new artists/animators were hired to make this one. The only problem is it is too small. I keep mine in the Plant habitat. They would be barely visible in the other two (fire/lightning).
    I wonder what the Easter bunny dragon will look like... :)

One of the things that worries me a bit is the possibility of this game expanding further (more levels, islands, dragons, etc). Right now if you have most islands and all the habitats are full, the game runs a bit slow. In fact when I scroll around on my 4g ipod touch the game freezes every few seconds. Obviously it can't handle that many dragons moving and flapping their wings. Devs already had to restrict zoom and remove visitors when zoomed out to avoid massive slowdowns. How do you think they can manage adding new content without making the game unplayable?

7. Lao-shu

Lao-shu Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    If I was developing this game, and I wanted to add more islands and dragons, I'd separate island groupings into two separately-loaded screens--the regular ones, and then some higher-up ones floating in a sea of clouds, perhaps. That way, people would not be keeping all their dragons and islands onscreen at the same time. I think that would probably help.

8. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    You make some great points about why BFS devs had to change some game features - some stuff I didn't realize. Here I was complaining about a few changes, but obviously they had to be done to make the game run a little faster. I wondered why we don't see wizards walking around except in zoom. Hmm. There's probably a limit to expansion? Is that maybe why some dragons are time limited?

9. Rattler739

Rattler739 Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2012
    RAC
    Amelia OH USA
    Finally finished it

[​IMG]

Hope he likes it when he sees in on his wall tomorrow morning when he wakes up

10. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    If not, I'll be happy to help take it off your hands. :p

That is rather amazing.

11. Dawnstar

Dec 18, 2011
    Middle School
    Wow!

12. IndigoBanshee

IndigoBanshee Member

Feb 6, 2012
    I can't seem to get the game to load, and my searches are coming up empty. I have an iPhone 4. Anyone have any suggestions?

13. Archer65

Archer65 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Netherlands
    sweet victory comes your way

Shamrock would be a nice idea! And fashion accessoiries? Maybe not a hat, but surely some dragons are meant to be flewn by riders and would have a saddle of some sort???

@Jornpod & @Rattler Congratulations and great job! Proves the theory that in this game, everyone has different strokes of luck and best working combinations. Each of us is individual and the game treats us as such. That is what I probably most like about this game: it's unpredictability, it's total lack of standarisation and 'equal odds for all'. Life simply isn't that way and some of us have to work harder than most alas. But then again: so much sweeter the victory.... Good luck to you all! Never give up and never cease to please us all with your joy, ideas, ranting and confessing....:)

14. Archer65

Archer65 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Netherlands
    Easter dragon? Humoungous ears I hope.....:p

I think one of the solutions for a slow Ipod/Iphone would be the ability to turn visitor movements off completely and perhaps vary the dragon movement....?

15. steeeeeve!

steeeeeve! Member

Sep 29, 2011
    #2355 steeeeeve!, Feb 7, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
    Just hit 1,000,000,000 yay and got a 48hr breeding time with seaweed/firefly hope it's my 2nd rainbow :)

16. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Well, I thought I wanted to do something "wild'n'crazy", so I bred a lvl 15 Frostfire with a lvl 15 Love on EBI and got a 48 h breeding time.

Who would have thought?
    I'm puzzled.
    As usual.
    This game is giving me a number of unwanted grey hairs.

;-)

17. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Same here. I can not get moon or a second sandstorm. I got rainbow with firefly and snow.Good luck

18. Dawnstar

Dec 18, 2011
    Middle School
    What happens if you breed frostfire/bluefire?

19. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I also stood strong and got the gem tree instead of frosty!
    Here's hoping we get lucky soon.

20. Rattler739

Rattler739 Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2012
    RAC
    Amelia OH USA
    Have tried that about five and have only gotten cold and another gray hair each time