Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Livinglogan

Livinglogan New Member

Jan 23, 2012
    Got it! Finally!

I used love and panalong in the regular love cave after lots of failed attempts! I was getting very nervous!

2. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    This LYD is driving me crazy!

I had 96 gems saved up towards an EBI, but I couldn't miss out on this limited dragon. Everyone seemed to be getting it rather easily, but after spending all but 2 of my gems, I still haven't gotten one! I've tried literally every combination two or three times, and none of them work. I'm definitely quite frustrated.

I'll be very sad if I ended up blowing so many gems for nothing, when I was so close to an EBI :(

3. HennyBenny

HennyBenny Active Member

Sep 16, 2011
    My second account which is at level 16 got it with love/water. I had to speed up two failed attempts which were flowers.

4. gholiday87

gholiday87 Member

Feb 11, 2012
    I've put a Swamp and a Storm in the EBI and got a 5 hour time...looking on a website that say's what you can have it says the only thing it can be is a reindeer...I didn't that hatchway was available anymore?

5. gholiday87

gholiday87 Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Oh no! If you add me on GC I'll give you gems to help you get your way back up! GJH2701

6. TexasTed

TexasTed Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Good luck to everyone today with your Leap Year breeding. The 5 hour timer will be another Storm. From that breeding combination the possibilities include either parent, Swamp, Storm, also Seaweed same elements, and any of the individual elements are possible also, Water, Grass, Lightning.

7. Dmdaily10

Dmdaily10 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Someone back a few pages had mentioned a "New Year" dragon, but I think they were referring to the Leap Year dragon. Just picture us a year from now, talking about all of the different types of dragons. We're going to need a dragon dictionary! :)

8. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Good news!!!

Just bred my second leap year dragon!!!

So, it looks like you can get a second without buying it!! Great news!

Used the same combo as my first, mud/scorch but had LOTS of fails between the two! Will have to leave this one as an egg for now as no more habitat allowance on my islands :(

GC Jazbodooley if you want to make sure I'm not telling fibs!!!!

9. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    I have got 2 with no problems by breeding a Panlong and a Love dragon

10. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    BOO YA GRAMPA!!

Got 14.5 hours with Cold / Love finally, probably my 8th try. Going for #2 soon !!

11. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Congrats!
    I finally succeeded in breeding my second Leap Year too. Big relief.
    It's in breeding cave as we speak and it was Love/Panlong again.
    After a gazillion tries and gems spent. :mad:

Sending tons of mojo to you all, especially you who haven't received your first. :(

12. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    FINALLY! YEEEAAAAH!!!

It IS a good thing, ranting. That is a FACT! :D

13. LBryanDLC

LBryanDLC Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    I just got my second with another 15 Scorch and 10 Mud (I have a ton of those two from other failed breeding attempts.) on the Epic Breeding Island this time - my first was same combination in the regular breeding cave. Usually it takes me forever to get the rare ones...took me a month of constant breeding to get my Moon.

14. AndyPandy26

AndyPandy26 Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Courier
    Wigan, UK
    I just got my second also, Love (10) / Pan (15). Looks like you can have two!

Good luck to those that haven't got one yet, especially Girlpower! You can do it!!!

15. Lao-shu

Lao-shu Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    I just managed to breed my second one, as well, with love & panlong. Funny, how so many of us suddenly got another one, after so many failures it seemed impossible.

16. evol

evol Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Hey just a quick question when you upgrade the hibernation cave how many spaces does it add?

17. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    After reading that everyone all of a sudden are getting the second LY....I broke down and got more gems...

Thank the dragon gods! I got my second LY with the cold+love play.....with only 4 fails. :D

It's awfull suspecious that the 2nd LY's are suddenly showing up :cool: Do you think they put a timer or such for the second possibility...wouldn't but it pass them ;)

I am now going to breed a baby before they turn that possibility off :eek:

18. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    An additional 25 for a total of 50

19. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    50 gems gets you 50 spaces and 100 Gives you 100. Good Luck

20. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I just got my second in the epic cave after spending many gems on fails.It looks like people are getting seconds now. I used love and panlong.Good luck