Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. evol

evol Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Thanks

2. Jornpod

Jornpod Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Yesyesyesyesyes

Finally got my second ly drago (spent 100 gems-no joke- on it) and really happy . I told myself this was a very elusive dragon and allowed myself to use all of my gems On it in the last hour it would be available ;-)

3. darren12

darren12 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Don't worry about getting me a gem back. Also I got mine with blue fire level 15 left crystal level 10 right in normal cave on 2nd try with that combo. I don't recommend this as a fail might be 24 hrs but it might work as a last resort. Best of luck to you!!!

4. Jornpod

Jornpod Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    And Ofcourse as much as possible luck to those who still haven't got one

5. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Congrats!!!!

Well done andy and jack!!!!!! COME ON GIRLPOWER!!!!! I'm routing for you!!! Need to hear you've got your first or I'm chucking this game in!!!!!!

6. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Oh no!!!!

GIRLPOWER!!!!! Just realised its already 1st march in oz!!!! Please tell me you've been successfull!!!!

7. swarmski

swarmski Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Got my 1st pretty easy...2nd one was expensive (over 400 gems).

The price i pay for the privlidge of having a baby one and adult one :D

8. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Woo hoo!!!

Just been island hopping and seen a lovely golden egg in your nursery!!!!!! So happy for you!!!!! Why haven't you shared this success naughty girl!!!! :D:D:D:D

9. MaLiesa

MaLiesa Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    I'd be happy to help! My Game center ID is MaLiesa.

10. MaLiesa

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    #2710 MaLiesa, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
    Good for you!!!!! That's awesome! I wish I could give it go, however I'm locked up with 3 rainbows in the nursery and two pans in the caves...ironic isn't it? All that time trying for rares and now they are a pain in my @#>}

11. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Thank you so much!! I appreciate all the help and tips

12. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Thanks for your help. I am loving this game. I missed out on leap year but am learning lots from the posts!

13. MaLiesa

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    #2713 MaLiesa, Mar 1, 2012
    WOOHOOOOOO!!!!! After reading all of the posts about the second dragon (which I thought was completely impossible, I apologize) I reluctantly speed up one of my pans and guess what? Yeah I got my second LPY! I'm happy! Congrats GP by the way!

Okay anyone that does not have the Leap Year Dragon yet and is in the need of gems, add me my game center ID is MaLiesa. I will set aside my "return gem list" for tonight and send you a gem to help if needed, don't worry about sending one back. I really wish the best of breeding for you all! By the way I used level 4 cold and level 15 love in the EBC. Come to think of it, I think this is the VERY FIRST time I have ever had any rare come from the EBC....hmmm?:D:D:D:D:D

14. atilla

atilla Member

Sep 10, 2011
    It looks like everyone is getting lucky at the last few hours of the leap year dragon. Successfully getting another one just now! Hope everyone got at least 1 LYD.. :D

@amsterdam - There's still time bro, don't give up!

15. MaLiesa

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    AM....I'm sorry. Are you sure? I sure wish I could breed one and send it to you, I would!

16. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #2716 girlpower, Mar 1, 2012
    I got one

Hey Jazbo and all,
    Phew, ended up writing down my attempts and it was on my 23rd try last night 29/2 @ 11.20pm that I struck gold...literally.

Sitting there impatiently waiting for my last attempt, gemless, thinking I had 40 mins left till midnight, but prepared to set my alarm during the night to try again if egg was still in nursery.....
    That last attempt was a bit of a blury eyed moment...shh :p

Sorry I didn't post straight away (shock had to wear off too) but I kept going to visit Hooked and kaylynbuckner cause they also were still trying and I kept hoping to either see their egg or they would post to say they got the timer......
    Been to work this morning also, so couldn't post earlier

Anyway today I see kaylyn got one, but HOOKED hasn't got an egg yet :(
    Please post if you have the timer Hooked, or post anyway pleeaase :(

Yes, it is the 1st March here in Oz...local time is 11.10 am.... and after all that the egg is still showing as available BUT I did read on dragon wiki that we in Oz got it offered a day later and seems like it will finish sometime today to line up with time zone / date in US I guess....I thought I had scrapped in by 40 mins last night :confused: Bit of pressure there

My champions were firefly/seaweed lvl 10 (newbies, second attempt)
    I knew it was too risky to try with something that could give another long time....hmm just transferred my latest Panlong to nursery as an example.

I spent so much time on wiki hoping to find anything that might help my chances as no gems to speed anything up so, how to be careful in selecting short but successful combos.....

What I did read late last night and more posts this morning was interesting though.......

There's a pretty good possibility that BS have changed the difficulty aspect of getting one, especially the second one cause yesterday it was full of posts on how many had spent big or used all their gems and still didn't have a second one....now quiet a few are getting second ones all of a sudden after just a few tries.....maybe they have read the forums or this was their intention anyway???

I sincerely hope those left that haven't even got one, do so.....I can't even think of a second one as a reality right now, I am just so darn grateful and appreciative to even have one so my heart goes out to you.....I chose not to buy any gems but I had to make the decision to use all those rainy day ones, no regrets at all, look what I bred for them :D

Last but certainly not least.....a HUGE thank you to the awesome friends who were so generous in helping me in my time of need plus your never ending encouragement and support....you're all gems to me ;)
    You are on my gem giving hit list and please please let me know if you ever need help, my list allows for these occasssions.

AndyPandy....thank you for suggesting the extra help, invaluable ;)

Well done to those of you who have your second LYD.

Let's hope we hear from Hookedat40 very soon....would be good if we could speed up our dragonsai tree...can't give till mid afternoon, but ones coming your way Hooked xx

17. MaLiesa

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    AM, do you need a gem? Add me, I would be glad to help!

18. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Haha, had just sped it up with this mornings 3 gifted gems.
    I was already in the process of typing a post when you posted this, wanted to make 100% sure it was that golden egg first :p

19. atilla

atilla Member

Sep 10, 2011
    congrats girlpower! I know that LYD of yours will be very happy with a very grateful owner.. :)

After breeding the second LYD, was trying another go with my cold and love combo, and got 48h timer, would this be sun, moon, or rainbow?

20. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Yes It would.Congrats