Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. MaLiesa

MaLiesa Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    I'm sorry.

2. MaLiesa

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    I wonder if the astrolabe will give you a little longer? Is it gone from your market?

@GP, thank you!

3. MaLiesa

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    Has any one heard from Hooked? We aren't friends yet on the GC, and I'm hoping Hooked was able to get one.

4. MaLiesa

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    #2744 MaLiesa, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
    Happy for you! ;)

To everyone, dragonvale wiki says its available until midnight on March 1st.

5. Vigorous7

Vigorous7 New Member

Oct 24, 2011
    #2745 Vigorous7, Mar 1, 2012
    Spent my 140 gems trying to get one yesterday with all the suggested combos. Got one more attempt in this morning love l11 love l11 panlong and I got it! Thought I was going to miss out or have to buy gems. I hope everyone can get atleast one! I am trying for a second but I don't see that happening. My GC is vigorous my place is bit of a mess right now lol

Shiny egg is now in the incubator :D for anyone that has not got a leap year I have 3 gems to give out.

6. MaLiesa

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    Congrats!

7. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    #2747 hookedat40, Mar 1, 2012
    finally!!

I stopped counting my attempts...and took the advice of my daughters friend (she is 11) and bred what gave me a rainbow, as that is what she read somewhere and it worked for her. I was hesitant...and tried many other things that had shorter fail times, and earlier this evening I held my breath, levelled up my newest crystal fail to level 4 and then went for it with my only frosty!
    yippee!
    no luck for my normally very lucky daughter (skippyjon4) thus far...
    Thank you to all who have sent gems...I will send back as soon as I can :D

8. Kaylyn7

Kaylyn7 Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Yay congrats girl power!!! I got mine late last night but haven't had a chance to post it!!
    Osujxu- I'm so sorry you haven't had luck hopefully it wasn't gone from your market and you have time.

Thanks everyone who sent gems! You are on my gem return list :) this dragon definitely renewed my interest as I was starting to feel bored with the game.
    Good luck to all still trying for LYD!

9. hookedat40

Oct 19, 2011
    #2749 hookedat40, Mar 1, 2012
    We ARE friends, my dear... I am schnizler on GC ;)
    Thanks for all your good karma! And regular gem exchanges...

10. TexasTed

TexasTed Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Looks like Hooked may not have one yet unless current breeding dragons (Cold and Love) and (Frosty and Crystal) have been successful. I tried for a second one, spent my Epic Breeding Isle worth of gems, without success. Went big on the last try with BlueFire and Crystal but looking back should have stayed safe with short fails. Happy to hear most have one, some two and sorry for those without one!

Maybe if there was some reprogramming this afternoon that allowed many to breed a second LYD all of a sudden after trying unsuccessfully for so long, the Backflip wizard will share some thanks with some green Shamrock gems.:D

11. hookedat40

Oct 19, 2011
    You are soo sweet for checking in on my islands...I guess you missed my post on the previous page...I was successful this evening with frosty and crystal...and will keep trying for a second...maybe I'll get lucky and get my 2nd moon as a fail :p

12. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    HOOKED!!!!!! So you got one brewing right?
    I did read this correctly didn't I......
    Can I jump up and down now for you.....have been visiting you heaps since last night looking for tell tale signs, saw you still had a decent amount of gems left (considering) then started to will you to use them thinking we will gift you back....hehe, guess you don't need to now....awesome news (I hope) :D

13. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Oops, I didn't see this one....WHOO HOO YIPPEE YAY YOU DID IT GIRL!!!!!
    Now I'm jumping around, was soo worried for ya....phew, I'm settling down.
    Hope you got my pm yesterday?

14. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Haha, MaLiesa, you got caught out like me too LOL...sneaky Hooked :D :p

15. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Phew!!!

What a frantic last couple hours it has been trying for a 2nd LYD! Broke down & bought gems twice. <hitting myself on head in disbelief> Finally success with less than an hour & 3 gems left from about 300. Was it worth it? I don't know...I guess I should have been happy with one.

@Girlpower & @Hooked: so, so happy for you that you luck turned in time to get your LYD!
    @Osujxu: so sorry you didn't get yours yet. I can't even send you a gem to help as they don't reset for a few more hrs and it will be too late by then.

16. MaLiesa

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    #2756 MaLiesa, Mar 1, 2012
    Oh my gosh! I'm sorry I did not realize that. When the game center ID is different, I have a hard time keeping track. Im sure i will remember now lol. I am so glad to hear you finally got a LPY! I've been thinking about you and been crossing my fingers for you!

@alyjens, congrats!

17. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    I can't believe it. I went on a gut feeling and tried for the LYD one last time, and spent all my remaining gems. Still got nothing. Looking back, I've bred every single hybrid of mine multiple times - luck simply wasn't on my side.

Now I face the very grueling task of collecting all those gems I've wasted so I can get an EBI. PM me if you are interested in helping out. I'll be able to send you back a gem daily.

18. Sofalv Broke

Sofalv Broke Active Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Finally joined after reading (felt more like snooping) for over 5 months now. I had to post my story about my son since it will help all those who haven't bred a LYD. I became hooked on this last Sept. when my son and husband wouldn't leave the crazy game alone. All I did was help my son and husband better their game, until I realized I should have my own. Love playing it but did boycott it a while back when it was going no-where. My husband accidentally deleted my son's game and he had to start over.

He has been trying for so long to get a rainbow. I stayed up at night to keep trying for him. Then along came a panlong and while trying to breed for a second panlong... he got his rainbow. The boy was ecstatic. Sadly, when he went to hatch the egg, it accidentally was sold instead. My son has autism and this not only crushed him, but it left him crying for hours. I held him bawling and everyone in the family had to not mention the DV word, let alone play it.

I continued playing and saving gems for him. I also wrote the game-makers who said they were terribly sorry but they couldn't reinstate the game (although they did send him a gift which helped lift his spirits). When I found that the LYD came out last night, I was determined to get him one. How else to bring him back to loving the game but to get him a rare 4 year dragon.

I have not been able to breed one, have used all my gems up & have one last try. But after 149 of my son's gems, he has his egg! He was utterly thrilled and jumping off couch screaming this morning. It was so awesome to have my happy litle boy back! I could care less that I don't have one because seeing my son's happiness is so much better. He was so devastated about the loss of his rainbow... he talked about it in his sleep or would cry if someone said dragon.

He thinks so highly of the "magical people" who gift him gems. So KoleKade wants to say thank you to you "magical wizards." (meaning his Game Center friends). If you are one of his friends, thank you for making my son's day. Autism can be difficult at times and other times, there is so much contagious joy that oozes all over when someone with autism is happy. Best Feeling EVER! Thank you again for all your tips that you've shared. They have made the difference in the life of this child. Great game for kids to learn about patience and consequences.

By the way, we used Love/Cold... He flipped out too because he accidentally got a frostfire in one of his fails.

19. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    Sure but what name are you using?

20. MaLiesa

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    #2760 MaLiesa, Mar 1, 2012
    Sofalv, thank you so very much for sharing this. I am absolutely thrilled to hear that your son got the leap year dragon and that it made him happy! My mother's friend has an autistic son so I definitely understand how it can be challenging at times. I was very touched to hear that you have worked in silence at nights to recover your son's lost rainbow. I bet the smile on your son's face was incredible. Thank you again for sharing this with us, and welcome to the forum. I hope you stick around and will keep us updated on your little angel.