Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. ManofAegis

ManofAegis Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    California, USA
    #2761 ManofAegis, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
    I think I might be a little late in posting this but I got the LYD on my second try with Seaweed (10) on left and Firefly (10) on right. That worked for me, but I also hear that Love (10) on left and Water (10) on right works as well. Anyways, if there's still enough time try those combos.

On an another note I've received 2 moon dragons so far with firefly (10) on left and iceberg (10) right combo. I was rather surprised that it worked so well. I also got another moon dragon from a similar combo but I can't remember which dragons I used specifically (one of them might've been a Blazing). Moon dragons are nice but I'd rather get a Sun or Rainbow. I have another 48 hour dragon in the making so hopefully it's not another Moon (I used Bluefire (10) on left and Crystal (10) on right to get this).

Furthermore, I received a Panlong dragon by breeding a Mud (10) on left and a Blazing (10) on right. Took about 8 or so tries but it's the best combo I thought up.

Lastly, I've been reading and hearing that Bluefire and Crystal is the best combo for rare dragons. So far, they have not failed me yet, so I recommend using them.

Hope these help!

Edit: Tried the Seaweed (10) on left and Firefly (10) on right combo again and received another LYD. Took about 5-6 tries since my first LYD. A rather successful combo. It's 1:30 A.M. March 1st so I guess there's still more time to breed the LYD

2. Lao-shu

Lao-shu Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    I think blue fire & storm is probably a quicker combination, if you are seeking rares. It's worked like a charm, for me, with suns, moons, AND rainbows--and it has a distinct advantage over anything involving crystals, as it can't give you a 24-hour failure.

3. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Got 2 leapies..got the 1st one on the first try..second one took a few goes though..but I'm glad cause I want to breed a bunch of them since I have been mass breeding rainbows and phasing out the other dragons..and since the leap year dragon only takes 14 hours it'll be alot quicker to overpopulate my island with high earning sexy dragons! C:

4. kasm

kasm Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Has anyone been successful breeding a leap year on March 1. It's still there in my marketplace today.

5. Rattler739

Rattler739 Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2012
    RAC
    Amelia OH USA
    So thought that the LYD would be gone this morning when I got up and was still bummed about last nights breeding endeavor which left me with a 48 hr timer and a 36 hr timer so did not want to take the gamble with the rest of my prescious gems but since it still here I might speed up my panlong and try one last time or until I get it or another rare but hope I get a second don't want to miss out on having two of this one I have already spent about 75 gems and am about to spend another 30 or so to get it but if that doesn't work the I give up... Or at least will be forst to when it goes away

6. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Congrats!!

Congrats Hooked, just the news we were waiting to hear!! I hope your daughter still has time to possibly get one???

7. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Woop woop!!!

So pleased for you!!! I think BS made this extremely stressfull don't you??? It's supposed to be a fun relaxing game, not something to make you want to pull your hair out and lose sleep over!!!! Not that I did either of those things of course................ :D

8. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Congrats!!

Congrats MaLiesa!! So pleased for you! I wonder what BS with throw at us next? St Patrick's day is coming or easter? Just hope they give us longer than 2 days to breed!!!!!!!

9. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Congrats Alyjens, so pleased for you! I know what you mean about being happy with one, we shouldnt be greedy......... But why stick with one when you can have two!!!!!

I think I was getting a bit frantic, panicky and stressed trying for second one yesterday and I actually gave in and bought one lot of gems!! WHAT WAS I THINKING? It's only a game, the dragons aren't real.........are they??? ;)

10. kasm

kasm Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Confirmed, I was able to breed my second LYD today (Mar 1) with Love / Water.

11. steeeeeve!

steeeeeve! Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Wow! was going stir crazy there but just got a 14.5hr timer, what a relief. Lucky I had 2 days off work and very stressful they were to. time to catch up on some sleep night night

12. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    So I got another 48 hour timer with Cold/Love in the EBI.. 2nd in 2 days .... grrrr I don't want another sun or moon...

Hopefully I can try a few more times with Mud/Scorch for my 2nd LYD!

Good luck to everyone trying to get it today!

13. Allanon

Dec 10, 2011
    Paranor
    My girlfriend got her 2nd LYD Just now using Cold/Love again

14. Allanon

Dec 10, 2011
    Paranor
    I seriously wish I got 2 love's when I had the chance grrr 1 sucks when it's tied up in a 48..

15. Shadow35r

Shadow35r Member

Mar 1, 2012
    WOW! So I just got my THIRD leap year dragon! I got my first two by breeding Crystal and Blue Fire and I got my third by breeding the two LYD that I had got. But I dont want three:mad: I want a rainbow or sun or moon!

16. Shadow35r

Shadow35r Member

Mar 1, 2012
    WOW. So now I have FOUR leap year dragons! I bred them again and got a fourth one!..

17. Shadow35r

Shadow35r Member

Mar 1, 2012
    okay...so i guess if you are able to get two leap year dragons you can get unlimited ones by breeding them because I just got my fifth one...

18. swarmski

swarmski Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    I dont see what your finding so hard to understand? 2 dragons of the same type = a baby dragon of that type. Been the way for all the content dragons

19. Shadow35r

Shadow35r Member

Mar 1, 2012
    ugh and for the love of god I cant get a Sun, moon, or rainbow no matter what i do.:confused::mad: is it possible to trade dragons by any chance?

20. Shadow35r

Shadow35r Member

Mar 1, 2012
    ooh, i didn't know it was like that for special dragons. I'm still pretty new at this. Thanks for letting me know though:p. Guess i have a good way to make money now since they sell for 2.5m:rolleyes: