Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Kyro_Aterasu

Kyro_Aterasu Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2012
    How do u post a pic online using iPad it won't letme

2. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    #3102 hookedat40, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
    Ya...if you keep feeding it up past level 11 they get pretty big...he's in my lightning habitat with the storm and love...check it out and get some party hats!
    I tried to post a photo but I couldn't...help?!
    I also used the fountain of youth on my other fav baby...mountain...she can be seen hopping around the cold habitat ;)

3. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    download photobucket app
    make a photobucket account
    screen shot the dragonvale pics u want
    upload to photobucket via app
    copy img code
    paste img code to your post in this thread

OR

screenshot dragonvale pics u want
    create album on TA
    upload pics to album
    copy img code
    paste img code to your post in this thread

4. Allanon

Dec 10, 2011
    Paranor
    Also I think that the Gold Crowns are PIMP... personally I'm going to have a level 20 baby pan long with a crown! And the Gold Statues look way more pimp than silver.. especially with the Gold dragon pathways.. cmoooon peeps

5. Noob382

Noob382 Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Thanks for the insight. I really hope your right. I would be very annoyed if I did not keep my islands and dragons that I have spent a lot of time on. It seems like I will find out for sure tomorrow though =P

6. TexasTed

TexasTed Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Good luck this week!

Hello DV Friends, having a lucky streak here this week as well and wanted to share what worked. After trying for Clover for 2 weeks and enduring the 10/12/14 hour fails finally had luck with a Poison Lev 7 and Moss Lev 4. After trying combinations of level 10's and level 7's I thought I would try with a higher level Grass hybrid as first dragon on left with a lower level Moss on the right. Thought having a higher level grass on left to combine with a lower level ground on the right might increase the probability of Clover. Not sure if this combination increases the probability or not or if I just hit a lucky streak - I have received two Clovers out of 3 tries using this combinaton and after telling my daughter last night she tried and said "Dad, what do I get with a 7 hour timer?". YEAHHH! Lucky her!

Also earlier this week after trying for Frosty for months, finally got one using a Cold Lev 10 and Scorch Lev 4! Now will continue the chase for my first Rainbow!

7. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Congrats I just purchased the clovers. I used so many gems trying to get the leap year. I just did not want to do that with the clover. I hope we get Easter dragon and items for our islands soon. Good luck with the rainbow.

8. Kyro_Aterasu

Kyro_Aterasu Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Here's some help if u want it
    I have got 3 rainbows legit and then one from breeding two of the same
    Best chances are:
    lvl 10 firefly/seaweed
    lvl 10 blazing/mud
    lvl 10 bluefire/crystal

9. Allanon

Dec 10, 2011
    Paranor
    I want MOAR ISLANDS!!!! 6 is not enough

10. TexasTed

Oct 10, 2011
    Thanks, will keep trying the firefly/seaweed combo - have had good luck with scorch lately so may try scorch/seaweed a bunch and alternate with Air and Mud for a second Sandstorm.

11. Allanon

Dec 10, 2011
    Paranor
    Keep trying Cold/Love it will yield high results, my gf got 1 sun and 2 moons using it in a short time span

12. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I used firefly and snow for rainbow,sun and moon. I had to keep trying with many fails but that was the only way I could get them. Good luck with what ever you use.

13. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I want more habitats.
    They can leave me one farm and take the rest.

14. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Ive started trying this combo (Cold10 x Love11), thanks Allanon for your post! First try = 1 hour wait (Flower?). Can't complain about a 1 hr fail!! I'm gonna keep trying this. Also going back to the Firefly/Scorch x Seaweed.

Also thanks for the info on the photobucket app! Didn't know that it was possible to post a pic from a pad.

Hey Texasted, congrats! on your recent successes! I like the Scorch too, he's been good to me... and I like that he looks like a classic dragon.

15. Allanon

Dec 10, 2011
    Paranor
    No problemo, I'm here to help!

Also another note on Cold/Love besides my gf getting 2 colds n 1 sun I got 2 Suns from it m friend got 2 Suns and 1 Moon and my other friend got 1 Sun/Moon/Rainbow from it and all of us got those within 2 weeks

16. MaLiesa

MaLiesa Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    Thank you for posting this, good to know!

17. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Congrats...my usually lucky daughter has been very unlucky with clover...and has been trying non-stop with no luck...thanks for the new combo idea.

18. Noob382

Noob382 Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Got my new iPod today and I still have my old Dragonvale =D So happy right now

19. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #3119 Foxtail2010, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
    Hey guess what! 2nd Cold/Love attempt = 48 hr breeding time! Sweet! Thanks again! :D

Texasted: I used Poison/Moss for 2 Clovers. They were 10, 14 .. The only Poison and Moss I had at the time, so went with the unusual level pairing but it worked 2 out of 2 times!

20. TexasTed

Oct 10, 2011
    CONGRATS - hoping for a sun! It's great to find a pairing that works for you. I am staying away from combinations with cold and lightning, because I have good luck with Suns/Moons.