Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. MaLiesa

MaLiesa Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    ;) congrats!

2. Cazblu

Cazblu Active Member

You'll have to tip your head sideways coz I was lazy :p

[​IMG]

3. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    ^rofl thats messed up'

still no luck for me, I keep getting 5 hours or 30 minutes grrr.. I'll have it by tmrw!

Still awaiting news about the Fountain if anyone could please by 25 of them and report back to us :)

4. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    :eek: First time I've seen such an obvious cheat. Thanks for posting.

5. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Mystery solved

Hi all! Been too busy to check in lately, but have been faithfully tending to my dragons. Yesterday I began to see DV friends disappearing from my gift/visit list as I was trying to gift gems. Tonight almost all of my friends on this forum were gone! :confused: I had no idea what was happening. So I decided to see if anyone here was having this issue, but first caught up reading posts. Duh! You're all talking about an update & the new Bloom dragon (which is just too cute ;)) I had no idea! Updated and then my friends returned. :D I believe that everyone on my list that updated before me disappeared. Interesting. But it goes to show what a well informed bunch you all are since this group did the bulk of the disappearing act. :D

Congrats to everyone who got their Bloom already. I'm on my fourth try.

6. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Wow! I've never seen a cheat like that either-thanks Caz! Why even bother to play if you can take away all the challenge of playing DV?????

7. Cazblu

Cazblu Active Member

Yes, I've just removed him from my friends, I don't want to waste gems on people who cheat.

8. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Exactly! One look at the DV leader board or any app leader board for that matter, it's amazing just how many cheats there are out there.
    It's great that Caz is now on the look out, doubt they will be her friend for much longer.....LOL we just talked about this last week.

Edit.....oh, I see she's already unfriended another cheat....good on you Caz (thumbs up)

9. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #3429 girlpower, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
    Friends colosseums, correct shrine colours are back

Great to see everyone's colosseums are back with the latest update.....about time as those blank spaces
    just looked all wrong :D

Good to see the shrines all showing where everyone is at......
    Very impressed to see some gold MaLiesa.....now I can actually see it, so huge congrats on that.

Also to anyone else who has a gold shrine or two, I will have to go visit my friends to see who else has been busy.

As for Bloom, currently on 3rd fail.....ended up buying the water fountain to have something new.....nice that's it's animated with a little water spout out the top....can't top the exploding volcano....hehe, personally still think that's pretty cool.

Good luck guys and gals with breeding your Blooms :)

10. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Well done TT....it was your rainbow after all.....good stuff ;)

11. steeeeeve!

steeeeeve! Member

Sep 29, 2011
    My girlfriend just got bloom with level 10 leaf and storm 3rd try, looks like I' be cracking out that plant habitat again

12. Cazblu

Cazblu Active Member

I give up, tried again with Plant/Storm, another 48hr wait (I hurried some things along with gems). Never rains but it pours.

13. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    BIG colorful grats, TT! (like the nickname, girlie ;) ) That's great! I know how you feel, took me 3+ months to get Rainbow #1.

10+ tries and no bloomin Bloom.

14. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Whilst waiting for my plant dragon to finish in the colosseum, I have been trying reindeer/storm both ways....ahhh, fifth try = 48 hr timer in EBC :(
    Really hope it's not ANOTHER moon

Plant now finished, so just tried plant/storm both lvl 10, 5 hr fail, so hurried them up with gems, then tried same combo in reverse....bingo...13 hrs :D
    That's unusually quick for me, 7th try....lucky number 7 maybe?

@ Caz, sorry to hear you got another 48 hrs ....let's hope it's one of the other rares, If so, you are getting your rares very quickly now.....so that's a very lucky streak....you are also getting a good dose of the unpredictability of DV breeding,
    Aren't you pleased you got that epic breeding cave :p

@ Eugekava, well done on getting your bloom so quickly....

I really love the colours of this egg, saw two sitting in a friends nursery...nice :)

15. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Haha, I am bad at doing that.....hope Texas Ted doesn't mind? :eek:
    Foxy, what combos have you been trying???
    Won't repeat myself cause you can read my post, but I also got hit with a 48 hr
    time, darn....but then struck gold a little while later, so picked my bottom lip up off the floor haha
    Hope you get lucky soon...sending good luck vibes your way Foxy girl ;)

16. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hmm, that's at least 3 of us who got bloom with this combo both @ lvl 10
    Congrats to your girlfriend, hope you get yours soon too :)

17. TexasTed

TexasTed Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Thanks

Thanks y'all, it's all good! The colored "rainbow" I think I saw first time was done by Foxtail (or someone else) a couple months ago.

With Clover it was long earth type fails and with Bloom it seems there is equal chance to get a 48 hour rare. Before 2 weeks ago the Leaf and Storm dragons were not breedable until the update that gave us Cactus and Lichen. I am going to continue trying Leaf and Storm because of the success others are having.

Good luck everyone trying for their first or second Bloom.

18. Cazblu

Cazblu Active Member

Finally! I hurried things with gems, put storm/cactus in breeding cave...13hrs....

19. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Let's see - Combos I've tried are Plant/Storm, Storm/Plant - in multiple level combinations, lately only 10's. Got a 48 hr with one of those. Tried Reindeer/Storm, Storm/Flower, both vice versa, Cactus/Cold too, I think. I made a Storm 4 to try MaLiesa's (or was it Aly's?) method. Bought another Plant egg, since one and only was in 48 hr mode. So funny, cuz I recently sold off all my higher level spares - yeah I really didn't need more than one, I thought!

Can't complain, I've had great breeding luck in the last weeks.

Needless to say I've burned thru most of my gems, but it's all good, I've got lots of faithful dv buddies gifting daily. Thanks friends! :D

20. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #3440 Foxtail2010, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
    Great! Can't remember if I used Storm or Cold with Cactus, but I'll give it another go soon as I can.

Oops, tried it, got Cactus.