Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Mmclowes

Mmclowes Active Member

Mar 10, 2012
    New York
    Been working on several combinations for my 2nd Bloom ....Clover/storm gave me a 24 hour "fail" ... Crystal?

2. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    Yea I read that it has to do with the animation but that sounds kind of lame if it's the truth..

3. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    My 48 was a Moon fail too.

Still trying for a second Bloom with Plant/Storm or Clover/Storm. Lots of Cactus, Lichen, and Storm fails, but haven't kept count. I just got a 12 hr with Clover/Storm so guessing its a Frostfire. I'm cringing everytime I open the timer, afraid it may be the dreaded 48. Lol

4. AndyPandy26

AndyPandy26 Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Courier
    Wigan, UK
    A few month ago, a moon would have been exciting, now we class it as a fail lol. Took forever to get my first one too! I would be reluctant to use Clover/Storm because of the possibility of a Crystal. Fingers crossed you don't see 24 hours.

5. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    GRRR...moon for me too, that's now 4 and my only sun is still lonely :(
    Now, what to do with it....I WANT MORE HABITATS BS, 29 is no longer cutting it for me with all these new dragons

@ Foxy, Andy....congrats to you both on your blooms...yay ;)

6. Cazblu

Cazblu Active Member

I have a third bloom breeding. Figured I can put it in my hibernation cave for now. But I wound up with two panlongs, a sun and a moon and two (now three) blooms out of it all, so I'm happy :D

7. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #3467 Foxtail2010, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
    Wow that's really awesome to get those difficult to breed draggies so quickly, especially when you needed them!! Grats!!
    And nice to hear a Panlong arrived from some other combo than Fog/Lava or Blaze/Mud.
    Perhaps Backflip noticed the frustration and very long struggles to get Rares and Panlong - so Bloom has arrived to help?

EDIT:
    Waaah! Plant/Storm = another 48!

8. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Yeah don't want a 24. But SO FAR, Clover has been kind to me, the worst wait has been 12. Plant, however, has been a troublemaker. 48 x 2

9. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Do you remember what you used for the Pans? Has anyone used one Bloom to get another (other than breeding 2 Blooms for 3rd)?

10. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    It's funny how this game is- Clover/Storm has been the pain for me. Keeps giving me Trees! At least I've been able to avoid the 48 hr timer that has been popping up for so many. :D Went back to Plant/Storm and finally! - a 13 hr timer. Hope the second one is easier....:cool:

Happy Bloom breeding everyone!

11. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #3471 girlpower, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
    Hey Aly....congrats on your first bloom yay, really pleased for you ;)
    I also hope you get another one without too much bother......
    Storm/plant was very kind to me this time....

Have read on dragon wiki that this combo has been pretty good with these dragons at lvl 10 there too, in saying that we we both know it is still random and some combos just seem to work better for some players....
    Not sure if it would have mattered in the end, but for me trying plant/storm once, then storm/plant next did work well both times and I used the same dragons for both mine.....ahh but reindeer/storm didn't work at all well as it had for another poster on here, gave me ANOTHER MOON...so sad, too bad ;)

Fingers crossed for your next bloom, isn't the egg yummo? Oh and the dragon is pretty colours too :)

12. Allanon

Dec 10, 2011
    Paranor
    Storm + Plant both level 11 ~ 13 hours

13. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Grats! Your first?
    My 12 hr (Clover/Storm) turned out to be a Moss. Boo. Now trying Storm/Lichen because my daughter got both her Blooms that way with only ONE fail (Cactus)! :eek: Pretty sure I've tried Lichen before, but she insisted .. so I did and there's a new bouncing baby Cactus on the way. At least it's only a half hour wait. :p

14. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    My darling hubby gave me an iPad today. I can see my cuties a lot better now. :D

15. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Aw that's wonderful. :)

16. Allanon

Dec 10, 2011
    Paranor
    ya my first, trying to work on my 2nd now

17. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Went back to Storm/Plant.. 3 Lichens in a row. :( Well.. I'm done spending gems ...cuz I'm out. lol
    Second Bloom's proving to be as difficult as the first.

18. Alyjens

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    I'm so jealous! My eyesight is being destroyed gaming on this little iPod Touch. I've even had to resort to reading glasses! LOL! Ah, the price of addiction.....
    I imagine that your hubby will be getting the royal treatment after a present like that! :D
    My birthday is next month- guess what I'm wishing for? :D

19. Alyjens

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Hi Girlpower! Thanks for the congrats and back at ya for your recent successful breedings. When you've experienced weeks of frustration in the past, it really makes you appreciate easier successes. ;)
    Second Bloom on the way with only 2 fails between tries! I LOVE the egg & this little dragon is a cutie! WTG BFS!

20. Lel0501

Lel0501 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Got two blooms the same way. First time plant and storm = fail. Reversed the pair and got a bloom both times. See other people have had the same success. First pair were level 15, second pair level 14.
    :D:D