Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    It is frustrating to get those failures, when you're waiting for that certain dragon type. Although you're lucky in two ways, you're long awaited dragons aren't limited. Not yet anyway, so you know that you can keep on breeding for some time yet.

Congrats on your other successes! :)

2. Phillycheese

Phillycheese New Member

Apr 12, 2012
    alpine texas
    go to this website so we can help out eachother for dragonvale. the more people who join the better! we can blog and even has a calculator to sum up what u will get when u breed two dragons together!
    go to http://dragonvale.spruz.com/

3. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Try Cold/Love for your Frosty, it's how I got mine. I ended up with lots of good stuff from that combo... including my 2nd Rainbow and first Sun. And Fire/Storm will usually get you a Blue Fire without too much trying.

4. Cazblu

Cazblu Active Member

Unfortunately I don't have a Love as I started only about a month ago. I just tried Fire/Storm again and have a 48hr wait.

5. Korvaire

Korvaire Active Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Hi all. First time poster, long time reader. Feel like I know many here so well by listening in on your convos, woes, successes and advice. Thank you for helping me to lvl 30. Now my query ...

Saw a quick post that someone renamed a dragon. Can we really do that? Hope so, cause I think that would keep me entertained for HOURS while I breed magnetics for cash and panlongs/blooms for gold shrines.:D

Again t'anks to so many of you for sharing all here.

6. TexasTed

TexasTed Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Renaming dragons

Welcome to posting in the forum. It is a wonderful worldwide community of friends that share in one another's DragonVale accomplishments and challenges. We hope and laugh together and lend an ear when someone vents after trying for months for a certain dragon.

Changing dragon names is fun, there's been a Sandstorm named "Thorn" because it was such a pain in the owner's side to breed. Even though I keep my Mud dragon in the small pond, someone called it the "pond of shame", I renamed it "Mudstud" because it helped me breed my first Panlong and Sandstorm so it's my go to dragon when I need good luck.

To change the name, select the habitat, click on the dragon to open the dragon's information screen, click on the dragon's name in the red name area and your keyboard should open that allows you to rename the dragon as you wish.

Hope this works for you, have fun!

7. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #3547 girlpower, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
    Welcome Korvaire :)
    Always nice to have new posters, so hope you will stick around and share your successes and woes with us too hehe....we are pretty passionate DV players, so sometimes our comments are a mixture of joy and frustration (as you already have read).....it's nice to know that we can share whichever moment here and there will always be someone (usually a few great posters) that will come along and share these moments, support and encourage when required.....they are an awesome bunch....friendships are formed here....Texas Ted has kindly answered your query very well....haha, Thorn was my renamed nemesis, a real thorn in my side that one :D

Although.....I loved Teds mudstud......very clever and witty....good one TT :D

Enjoy renaming yours, it's good fun and I think makes them more personal.....
    Happy breeding (of the dragon kind :) ) and congrats on reaching lvl 30 and your gold shrine journey

8. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    And she got this immediately after I suggested she sell her empty rainbow habitat, build an earth one and fill it with Panlongs......
    So if this 48 hr timer ends up being a rainbow.....I could be in trouble, oops :eek:

9. Cazblu

Cazblu Active Member

Haha, it's ok, it could be the (murphys law) bit of luck I needed :p

10. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Steel dragon

Hi, I have posted here a couple of times but it has been a while. I do read the thread and thank you for all the post with hints on breeding dragons.

Today when I was looking at the egg market I noticed there was a Steel Dragon (metal/cold). When I go to the Dragonvale Breeding Sandbox and put in Metal/Cold all it shows is Mine. Is this a new dragon or did I miss it completely with the March 21 update?

11. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    All new metal dragons and did you see the Easter spring dragon Bloom. They gave us a fountain also.The metal dragons are simple just Use metal with fire, water and what it shows on the dragon very easy. Bloom is a pain I used plant and storm. Good luck and welcome back.

12. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yess!! New dragon. Steel. I bread it first try using Iron/Frostfire. Metal/Cold just gave me another Mine.
    Good luck, guys.

Second attempt at Iron/Frostfire gave me 10hr wait, so fail.

13. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Thank you, I guess I just missed it completely. Steel and Mine are both metal/cold, are there any tricks to getting the Steel and not another Mine?

I did get the Bloom dragon finally. It is now my favorite.

14. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Thanks for the tip! I will try it in a couple of hours when my cave becomes available. It has some long wait times for failures but it also has a chance of giving me a Rainbow. Will let you know what happens.

15. lildarien

lildarien Active Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Steel Dragon

Long time lurker first time poster. Just noticed the new Steel Dragon. Reading the description I realized that it is a reference to the movie "Zoolander" with Derek's signature model pose being "Blue Steel" and his only weakness being he cant turn left. How adorable is that :D

16. eugekava

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thats too funny! :)

17. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    First try 14 hrs !! Iron/Frostfire. Thank you.

18. Dando1998

Dando1998 Active Member

Nov 2, 2011
    So, I leave for a few weeks, come back and Lo and behold, you guys are 101 pages ahead of me! Slow down a little! :p

Anyway, a quick update. I only got one bloom dragon....the second one eluded me.... I've been working on a solid rainbow island.... And, I probably missed this while I was gone, but does/did anything happen when you got 25 vernal fountains?

19. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks Eugekava, you are a gem! :D
    First try metal/snow from wiki as this is VERY popular and having great success...I got 5 hr fail....hurried it up and just did iron/Frostfire ......drum roll... 14 hrs yay.....great combo mate, cheers :)

20. eugekava

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    No worries.
    I sped it up 'cos I have a patience of a 3 year old sometimes. It's one of the better looking dragons. One of the best metal ones anyway. One thing I noticed though is when he squats it looks like he is doing a poo. It's funny to watch.
    I upgraded earth shrine to gold. Don't know what to make of it. Gold looks too yellow and not metallic enough. Oh well. Still nice.