Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009

2. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Dodo and Sandstorm are/were hidden dragons so I think they're recoloured to give an indication of their parentage before they're in the market.

3. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #3643 Foxtail2010, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
    :p

4. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #3644 girlpower, Apr 17, 2012

5. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Sorry cant give you any Dodo tips as I'm also very unsuccessful and think I will be starting to rant very soon!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad:

Glad you're enjoying 'the Tribez'!! I'm well and truly hooked, even took my iPad to work today - naughty naughty!!!

Wishing you luck with the Dodo and please share ASAP if you get a different combo that works for you, willing to try anything now!!

6. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    #3646 Jazbodooley, Apr 17, 2012
    Oops

7. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon

8. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Finally got a 16hr for Dodo in the EBI :D

After a gazillion fails with earth+chrome....and always getting chromes as the fail...I decided to bump the earth to be higher level than the chrome. And it worked :eek: earth 13. Chrome 10

9. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Just tried earth/sonic....24 hr fail, so unwanted crystal on its way and cave out of action :mad:
    Think I will go back to earth/chrome....or I might try for a second steel for a mini break...decisions, decisions....:rolleyes:

10. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Tried earth/blazing FAIL! Tried earth/chrome - ANOTHER FAIL!! Think I may cry now..........:( don't want to play anymore..... :(

11. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I got a second steel first go with steel + metal

12. TIMELESS

Sep 10, 2009
    I hate it when I get crystal. I had about 10 of them in a row when I was trying to get one of the dragons I just used my gems I was spending so many gems to speed it up it was cheaper to get it. It was my second sandstorm I bought it. I have tried with chrome and earth,earth,chrome,earth,willow and earth and snow nothing yet. I hope you guys get one soon too. This looks to be as bad as sandstorm. Good luck

13. TIMELESS

Sep 10, 2009
    Thank you for you well wishes and advice also Foxtail2010.i hope you have had better luck with dodo.

14. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #3654 Foxtail2010, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
    Good to know! I tried a Steel with Metal a few back but got a Mine. Boo. But think I'll try it again... soon as my latest stupid Mine fail is done.

@girlie- Aw, sorry to hear you got the hated Crystal :eek: with Earth/Sonic .. I didn't think of that! >shudder< I'm with you- sticking to Earth/Chrome from here on.

No Dodo for me.. yet. ;)

15. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #3655 girlpower, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
    Thanks Hooked, just tried that combo but got 10 hrs :(
    Both caves now out of action for a while, oh well....can't do anymore but wait it out so Jazbo's game app is perfect timing ;)

16. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yeah crystal fails are not nice.....
    Wow, you brought the sandstorm! That was 1000 gems.....
    Rather you than me TIMELESS, that was why it took me 3 mths to get one.

Dodo for me, is starting to become all to familiar territory....been here quiet a few times in the past as some on here know, so I will just keep trying until??
    can't say I will be able to do another 3 mth stint though....doubt it actually

Anyway, good luck to you and all who are still trying for one

17. TIMELESS

Sep 10, 2009
    I saved every gem I could get just for the sandstorm.I buy so many Gems every two weeks and save what I know I might need. I also am playing pet hotel and derby days so I am not puting every dime I get into Dragonvale anymore. I love it but they need to give us more to do.Good luck not good that so many are getting frustrated.

18. Sofalv Broke

Sofalv Broke Active Member

Mar 1, 2012
    My word! I just got a dodo! I have tried chrome/earth & vice versa numerous times. This time when I finally saw the 16 hour all I thought is what is this odd thing because I forgot what I was breeding for. Haha I guess you know you have an addiction when you are daydream breeding (I won't even admit to sleep breeding because I've never set my alarm on my phone to breed dragons ;)

19. kasm

kasm Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    I'm just wondering, for those on the quest for gold Shrines, what are you doing with your level 15 dragons? Currently I have 2 of each dragon and now about 20 Panlongs. The Panlongs at all at level 15 and I can't bring myself to selling them since it costs so much to feed them to that level. I'm soon going to run out of room in my hibernation cave.

Any suggested strategies? I guess I only need to keep one of each dragon except for the rares and time limited ones.

20. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Aww, congrats :)
    LOL, daydream breeding...love it and hey that takes all the frustration out of the equation now doesn't it.....Haha, I also haven't set my alarm to breed dragons....but I have waited up till past bed time to get a rare or much wanted one into the hatchery or habitat, only once to twice though.......:D

I have decided earth/chrome and vice versa is what I am heading back to...drat I should have use kept trying with these....may of had it by now with much shorter fail times......it really amazes me at the amount of people on wiki who are using this combo and getting theirs after often 1-2 tries.....that's probably the hardest part for me, but I realize it's all swings and slides.

I figure that I am still a dedicated DV player cause to keep trying is to win
    and I will eventually be rewarded for my perseverance......

It's just that sometimes I momentarily forget that mantra and have a little hissy fit on here....:eek: